January transfer targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 21:27 Da Silva extends his loan to the end of the season as Wearne returns to Grimsby

Maidstone (23rd) also sack their manager
Apparently according to the official QPR website Da Silva's loan has been extended until the end of February.
All Gary Johnson said on the OS was that the loan had been extended , he didn't say how long for.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Agree about wanting Ryan Law back on loan - he's a proven LB. As for Wyatt - has not impressed so far. Martin - sicknote, so has not featured. And please offer Crowe a loan somewhere else. Far away.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Doubt we will see further incoming players. Suspect we are stuck with what we have got.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Cheddargull wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 08:45 Apparently according to the official QPR website Da Silva's loan has been extended until the end of February.
All Gary Johnson said on the OS was that the loan had been extended , he didn't say how long for.
Unsurprisingly the BBC sport national League transfer news have got it wrong then!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Mellow Yellow quite rightly states there is a dscord between club and fans and we must collectively do everything we can to resolve it, for those at the club who peruse this forum I would say, this is a two way street.
On saturday just shy of 2000 turned up for a match in the worst of weather, against a fellow struggler where they could have streamed at home ,in the warm for less than a tenner to watch a team that all season has been indifferent to very bad , if that is not a collective effort on behalf of the supporters I do not know what is and far more than the club has any right to expect.
Discord for me is the way the club treats the supporters in good times and bad , a format for pre and post match interviews that has long since past the embarassing stage to now being cringeworthy, fully orchestrated so as to avoid asking a straight question and enabling Johnson to avoid any criticism for his choices or playing style.There is a club imposed vacuum on incoming,outgoing and injury updates on the basis as johnson suggests it does not give opponents the advantage. Shock news club, no matter what eleven we put out, up to now most clubs in this league can beat us without such information, they do not need to change their formation or playing style and is only a sympton of out of date football thinking.
That information however is our life blood,our hope in dark times, it gives us belief when logically there should be none.
So from my perspective as a fan the discord is 100 per cent down to the club and we can do very little about, but if Johnson does not want to be booed and abused as he was at Yeovil then he needs to mend fences and quickly, if the worst happens and we do go down, on past form he will blame everyone but himself, but the supporters are getting wise to this falsehood, If he cannot be honest with us I would rather he adopt the club mantra of saying nothing.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

This
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

This
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

We still have a spare loan available. Ryan Law has been recalled by Plymouth from Gillingham and is a local lad, who knows maybe even a TUFC fan. I don't know a lot about him, but he is young and has a good number of games under his belt at League 1 and 2 levels. It shows him as a left-back online and we could argue that is one area we don't need to strengthen so much, but if he can play center half, then maybe that is an option.

Do any names come to mind for a 5th loan signing or any other permanent addition?
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Was on loan briefly in the play off final season and is a good player.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 16:34 Was on loan briefly in the play off final season and is a good player.
So he was, my mind is failing me! Can he play centre half?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

18 month loan deal to Wealdstone, a very poor signing for us, achieved nothing here.......but no doubt will come back to haunt us.
Spent more time on his backside, and cannot even remember a shot at goal. 1st of the Marquees shifted, hopefully more to follow this month.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Hit the bar in the first 5 minutes of the season against Oldham. That was as good as it got.
If only that had gone in............... 🤔
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Forgot that and I was there.......that is his Torquay United highlights reel, that and the treatment table and the breakfast ofc on Christmas Eve
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

DevonBee wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 19:36 18 month loan deal to Wealdstone, a very poor signing for us, achieved nothing here.......but no doubt will come back to haunt us.
Spent more time on his backside, and cannot even remember a shot at goal. 1st of the Marquees shifted, hopefully more to follow this month.
That doesn't sound like a loan, according to another site he has signed an 18 month deal with Wealdstone. All the same he won't be playing for us again.