Ebbsfleet V Torquay United 8th October 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Swatcat wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 05:33 Unless my eyes deceive me, that's nearly 2 foot over the line !
Was it or was it not a goal is open to debate and opinion - but 2 foot over the line? what was the external force that made the ball rebound into the goalie hands 2 foot onto the field of play? One for the aerodynamic enthusiasts me thinks.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Clearly over the line as a video (uploaded to Twitter by a fan) shows ....

The linesman was unfortunately a long way away from it as he only just appears after the ball has bounced back out!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

At first I could not see any way that was in. But having rolled it forwards and backwards a few times it seems the ball ballooned up into the top of the net behind the bar and the net then projected it back out as it recoiled. If so it was an extraordinary thing to happen given the original trajectory of the ball.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

What a great result that was and hats off to the other fans there with me, great support and fun - especially in the second half with the Ebbsfleet fans standing beside us.

At times it was like a throwback to last season, we were stronger, fitter, had the better players and simply scored more goals (five in my view). However this does not paper over a few concerns I have. Our injury list is long, we need these players back and Jamie Reid may be added to that list now, lets hope not. The number of times we let Ebbsfleet cross the ball last night concerns me, with better strikers we may have been punished, but Cundy and Cameron were first class all night. Wynter and Davis, both need help and support in the form of cover in front of them and in my view Duku gives us nothing (or an I missing something!).

Still three points is three points, we move into the play-off positions and life is good. A long way to go and we can get better.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Great result. Unfortunate for young Frankie that he cant add that 25 yarder to his highlight reel. Definitely looked over the line to me and if you read the match report on the Ebbsfleet website the writer thinks so too. Regardless, it`s the result that`s all important and we`ve got some momentum going into the Notts game. COYY.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Nick Potkins wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 15:36in my view Duku gives us nothing (or an I missing something!)
It's not just your view Nick. I could not believe how bad he looked when he came on last night (first time I have seen him play). Looked disinterested most of the time and when he did eventually get the ball he didn't have a clue what to do with it. As junior said to me on the way home... 'he (Duku) is not a Gary Johnson-type player'... if he was our first-choice striker I'd be very worried.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Robbed IMO but irrelevant now
B9E12A74-2904-4BBE-8399-01EEA3234B3A.png
6B93BB78-1587-4CA2-B446-EE53E46E868E.png
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

From a grainy picture you can see that the ball is about a foot over the line. From the video you can see that the ball is clearly in the top netting of the goal.

How on earth a linesman and referee cannot see that this was a goal beggars belief. Absolutely ludicrous.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I thought Ebbsfleet were by far the worse team I have seen play us this season. That shows why they're bottom.