Best Ever Day?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Has to be Southend for me, nothing guaranteed, took an early 0-2 lead and Hudersfield taking the lead at Cheltenham, looked like the day would see us the playoffs. But!
The 2000 away crowd never gave up they believed and the news came through that Cheltenham had equalised, the news spread like wildfire from right to left, I'll never forget Kevin hills face looking at the crowd, knowing full well what we were cheering but still refusing to believe it. Our keeper ( van Hussan I think) stretched to reached a shot and deflected it towards goal. Hits the post, final whistle cam after 5 PM the last game to finish, that kicked off at 3pm, throughout the British Isles.
Que incredible scenes!

Then last Sat, never thought it could happen after that Oxford city and Gloucester games

Closely followed by Blackpool at Wembley, our keeper won us that game,

Then it has to be a tie between the FA cup win against West Ham with the "dudes" goal and the 3-1 (I think) FA cup win against Birmingham

Happy days
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 19:23 Has to be Southend for me, nothing guaranteed, took an early 0-2 lead and Hudersfield taking the lead at Cheltenham, looked like the day would see us the playoffs. But!
The 2000 away crowd never gave up they believed and the news came through that Cheltenham had equalised, the news spread like wildfire from right to left, I'll never forget Kevin hills face looking at the crowd, knowing full well what we were cheering but still refusing to believe it. Our keeper ( van Hussan I think) stretched to reached a shot and deflected it towards goal. Hits the post, final whistle cam after 5 PM the last game to finish, that kicked off at 3pm, throughout the British Isles.
Que incredible scenes!
This is mine.

Also the Cheeky Girls being booed off was entertaining, as was the bafflement at the Southend mascot - I think it was supposed to be a prawn but it looked like an exiled KKK member.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

happytorq wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 19:31 This is mine.

Also the Cheeky Girls being booed off was entertaining, as was the bafflement at the Southend mascot - I think it was supposed to be a prawn but it looked like an exiled KKK member.

YOUR NOT CHEEKY ANYMORE

Happy days