Levi Landricombe

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Tufc1 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 21:55 Why can't we afford him???
He is on a contract.
There end of thread now surely.
He is on a professional contract whilst working in a day job.
Would cost us around £3000 a week in wages before transfer fee to buy out contract around £350,000.
Club in 8th tier had 18 year old on contract signed for premier league club under 23 academy cost them 335,000.
So get over signing him or anybody from Taunton.
We can steal Bristol city academy players on the cheap on loan.
They had a deal with Weston super mare, until last season.
Look at Weston now that available to them this season.
Have you been taking Acid???
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I doubt very much he is on a professional contract! He's playing not far above the standard where players pay the club a sub to play!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

PhilGull wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 09:52 I doubt very much he is on a professional contract! He's playing not far above the standard where players pay the club a sub to play!
Tivvy's average home gate is around the 250 mark, so I wouldn't have thought 'wages' would be that good unless there is sponsored appearance, goals scored, clean sheets etc schemes in place.
Truth is were all guessing & he's probably not on GJ's radar anyway.
Tufc1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Tufc1 »

Well he is.
To buy out his contract will include having to pay his other wages from his full time job.
A professional contract at this level doesn't mean he is a full time professional.
It is the club protecting themselves if sold.
Wages would be around £400 a week minimum at tivvy plus expenses plus other wages from his job. about 1,000 a week minimum.
That is what you have to pay for a fee for him.
So minimum of 52,000 just to buy out his contract before transfer fee added on.
That's before wages on or anything.
So are we willing to pay around £100,000 for him or indeed the same with Taunton Towns contracted players???
I hope not.
Football at this level is very different indeed regarding signing part timers on full professional contracts.
Welcome to lower level non league.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Tufc1 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 12:29 Well he is.
To buy out his contract will include having to pay his other wages from his full time job.....Wages would be around £400 a week minimum at tivvy plus expenses plus other wages from his job. about 1,000 a week minimum.
That is what you have to pay........
The basis of your debate appears to imply that the P/T players primary interest does not lay in football. They are only loyal to money. They are looking to their next pay day. No aspiration to have the life of a full-time footballer and the benefits that come with it, rather their choice of preference is to slog up to 60 hours a week as a Scaffolder, Janitor etc for a regular income plus a wee bit extra money at the end of the month for their sporting hobby of playing P/T football.

I do understand that P/T football is their second income; their second job, and they need to do what is right for them. We all need a release from the everyday stresses and strains of daily worklife. And that is the basis of why P/T football is what it is to the majority of these players - a hobby!

I am sure they do their best for their lower tier club, but banging in goals against other hobbists whose fitness, shape, diet and organisation leaves much to be desired, does not make a potential prospect for professional football unless they are overlooked young and gifted starlets, like Keiffer Moore.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

MellowYellow wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 13:43 The basis of your debate appears to imply that the P/T players primary interest does not lay in football. They are only loyal to money. They are looking to their next pay day. No aspiration to have the life of a full-time footballer and the benefits that come with it, rather their choice of preference is to slog up to 60 hours a week as a Scaffolder, Janitor etc for a regular income plus a wee bit extra money at the end of the month for their sporting hobby of playing P/T football.

I do understand that P/T football is their second income; their second job, and they need to do what is right for them. We all need a release from the everyday stresses and strains of daily worklife. And that is the basis of why P/T football is what it is to the majority of these players - a hobby!

I am sure they do their best for their lower tier club, but banging in goals against other hobbists whose fitness, shape, diet and organisation leaves much to be desired, does not make a potential prospect for professional football unless they are overlooked young and gifted starlets, like Keiffer Moore.
:goodpost:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Tufc1 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 12:29 Well he is.
To buy out his contract will include having to pay his other wages from his full time job.
A professional contract at this level doesn't mean he is a full time professional.
It is the club protecting themselves if sold.
Wages would be around £400 a week minimum at tivvy plus expenses plus other wages from his job. about 1,000 a week minimum.
That is what you have to pay for a fee for him.
So minimum of 52,000 just to buy out his contract before transfer fee added on.
That's before wages on or anything.
So are we willing to pay around £100,000 for him or indeed the same with Taunton Towns contracted players???
I hope not.
Football at this level is very different indeed regarding signing part timers on full professional contracts.
Welcome to lower level non league.
Well if that's the case is it any wonder that Johnny Foreigner takes precedent over talented amateurs in this country.
It's no bloody wonder clubs in lge 1 & 2, national premier, north, south aren't taking a punt with young decent lads who for what reason develop late or slip through the net & end up playing regional footie, but are head & shoulders above anyone else around them.
The likes of Kevin Hill, Mark Loram & Kiefer Moore are too far & between, where's the next one coming from ?
How many of us new of Kevin when Hodgie took a punt on him ? not many I can tell you, but he turned out to be a legend & an appearance record breaker that will more than likely stand for ever.
It needs to happen more, why does money have to be a stumbling block at that level ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Sorry to be thick but can someone tell me how
Tiverton can afford to pay wages of '£400 a week
minimum' ?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

desperado wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 19:46 Sorry to be thick but can someone tell me how
Tiverton can afford to pay wages of '£400 a week
minimum' ?
I was thinking that, but as I don't know the financial set up of Tiverton FC, I reserved judgement. I guess its not beyond the realms of possibility if one takes account of appearance money, win bonus and expenses.

However, it was only a couple of seasons ago that our manager disclosed that our full time players earned £375 on average and could not challenge for the National League title due to our financial inability. Strange to think Tiverton FC, a part time club whose average attendance over their last two home games was 227, have the financial whereabout to pay £400 per game ( £400 x 17 squad player x 44 games = £229,200 players payroll) which does not include the manager/ coaches / backroom staff remuneration. This against gate receipts of 227 x £10 admission x 22 home games = 49,940.

OK the above calculation is 'back of a fag packet' stuff but it does beg the question of where Tiverton get their money from if outgoings of players payroll is £229,220 and turnstile income is only £49,940 - how is the players wages deficit of £179,260 being made up?
Last edited by MellowYellow on 27 Sep 2018, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Cloud cuckoo land I think - unless Tivvy have a mysterious rich benefactor. Levi Landricombe (if he reads any of the forums that is) must be having a chuckle to find he has a thread all to himself, and so much 'blue sky' content on it! If GJ thought he was any good for TUFC he would have made a move by now surely?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And so would a dozen other clubs. Strikers are gold dust and the fact Landricombe is 28 and hasn't played for anyone tells its own story.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

£400 a week for part-time football in Tiverton! Now I've heard it all!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

So much bollocks being spoken about Landricombe, Tiverton and wages...

No player in the Westcountry at that level would be on £400 a week; nobody!

Gary Owers himself told me how much was being asked for a striker well proven over three seasons at a higher level than Tiverton who he went for in the summer. A player on contract until the end of this season and the club that got him paid £35,000 for him to a club that averaged crowds of a little over 200 last season and he was one of three players they sold in the summer ~ not only to balance the books but also because the players knew they were worth better.

Last season the top paid players at that club were on c£200 all in; for training, travelling and playing inclusive of bonus ~ and that was in London. The club couldn't sustain it and had to clear the decks in the summer (a) because they lost their manager to a higher level and (b) because they lost the FA license to run their PASE academy which was a vital revenue stream. A member owned club with no benefactor and reliant on good providence and energetic pursuit of revenue streams in order to stay in business.

That player is a 24-year-old who had a trial with QPR last season and attracted interest from several clubs at National League level. He had treated part-time football as his number one priority ever since being released as a teenager from Chelsea Academy and done a variety of casual/gig economy jobs in order to support that lifestyle....many of those sort of players do; they need to be either self employed or working in flexible time demanding jobs in order to play at that level of football and do so because they live in hope of getting a full-time contract somewhere in the future.

Most of them are a 'different breed' to the full-time pro or academy loanees that Torquay United employ, I don't now what Landricombe does for a living, but playing for Tiverton won't be sustaining him and in any case he's been around for a considerable time now without ever being given an opportunity to go full-time and as brucie says, there's probably a very good reason for that.

Torquay United have obviously set their stall out to go straight back up from NLS; I would be very surprised if they were looking at the likes of Landricombe when there are still very good players ~ and last week's arrival of Jamie Sendles-White proved this ~ still looking for contracts who have been unpaid since the end of last season. Players already proven at the level Torquay United play at and aspire to.

Tommy O'Sullivan who was at Plainmoor last season is one such player; still out of work and still seeking that contract. It's a tough world out there with literally hundreds of players chasing only handfuls of contracts.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Tufc1 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 21:55Would cost us around £3000 a week in wages before transfer fee to buy out contract around £350,000.
Club in 8th tier had 18 year old on contract signed for premier league club under 23 academy cost them 335,000.
1) £3,000 a week?! What planet are you from mate? I doubt a single person on this entire forum is on 3 grand a week! Let alone an amateur footballer who probably works as a labourer during the week.

2) Which club exactly, which player and which premier league club signed him? You also understand the difference in rulings between signing an 18 year old youth prospect and signing a 28 year old nobody, don't you?

Even Brucie posts more actual facts than this, and he posts entirely opinions!

Sit down son, the grown ups will be along soon.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"