Portsmouth v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Totally understand that Dave and it makes perfect sense so to that end the chant is an excellent addition to our repertoire (which has been decimated in the 7 years I've been supporting us mainly at away games).

The Hey Jude song can unite everyone and it's such a simple song to sing that most can join in too so I'm all for it don't get me wrong. I just think that for the hardcore of fans that do want to sing that the diversity and range of chants has become 'moribund' for want of a better word.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 03 Feb 2014, 11:19, edited 6 times in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

We can play it, its up to you guys to sing it. If it works we can keep it going but "Club Anthems" never please everyone because of different age groups, likes and dislikes etc. I can confirm that Neil Dymond ( sorry DiamondGirl) has left the building and taken Sweet Caroline with him!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can I just also add that there are the odd few lads or groups of lads who stand in other parts of the away ends who do get involved in the singing too so I don't want to make it look as though as there is just a set group and nobody else joins in. I recognise this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

A Candy wrote:We can play it, its up to you guys to sing it. If it works we can keep it going but "Club Anthems" never please everyone because of different age groups, likes and dislikes etc. I can confirm that Neil Dymond ( sorry DiamondGirl) has left the building and taken Sweet Caroline with him!
That's great Andrew. I think the tune is universally known across different age spectrums and really easy to belt out so I reckon it could be a winner.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

A Candy wrote:We can play it, its up to you guys to sing it. If it works we can keep it going but "Club Anthems" never please everyone because of different age groups, likes and dislikes etc. I can confirm that Neil Dymond ( sorry DiamondGirl) has left the building and taken Sweet Caroline with him!
So 'Hey Jude' is going to be our run out music?

Fantastic - I love this idea if so!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

So you say it's a winner, yet two posts before you say it's a poor idea?

I guess you weren't at Pompey - the final 10/15 minutes of that game was enough to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It felt like everyone was in unison, and we were willing the players to keep that ball out.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Torquay fans reaction to the news that Sweet Caroline will no longer be played..

Thanks Andy Candy , that song was a wrist slitter. watch this video of Wolves, ok forget the song, but look how they all join in, now that's how to create an atmosphere..
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Richinns wrote: So 'Hey Jude' is going to be our run out music?

Fantastic - I love this idea if so!

I wouldn't say run out music, I would like it to be heard just before we kick off so we can get the crowd and the players going just before the start of the game. Play the traditional 'Robert Miles - Children' then after the announcer has finished with announcing the team for each side, play 'Hey Jude' at the start of the 'Naaaaa, naaaa' around three minutes into the song.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
I wouldn't say run out music, I would like it to be heard just before we kick off so we can get the crowd and the players going just before the start of the game. Play the traditional 'Robert Miles - Children' then after the announcer has finished with announcing the team for each side, play 'Hey Jude' at the start of the 'Naaaaa, naaaa' around three minutes into the song.
LIKE :)
TUST member 328
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

A Candy wrote:
For the sake of my football team, I'll let you off Mr C :) To be honest, it was getting a bit embarrassing, singing "SC" on my own.

So "Hey Jude" it is then. I'll let Neil know. I'm sure he wont be too upset. :lol:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Nick wrote:So you say it's a winner, yet two posts before you say it's a poor idea?

I guess you weren't at Pompey - the final 10/15 minutes of that game was enough to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It felt like everyone was in unison, and we were willing the players to keep that ball out.
I guess you weren't at Scunny, Northampton, Fleetwood, Accrington, Wycombe, Burton, Bury or Morecambe? I think you were at Oxford like me though so i'll let that one go. I guess you won't be at York, Hartlepool, Southend, Mansfield, Chesterfield either? You might be at Bristol and Cheltenham but then so might I.

We won 3-1 at Bury in atrocious weather conditions and that felt like unison to me just that there were 150 of us there. If you like experiencing days like that then perhaps Man City might be more your thing?

Well done mate, you went to Pompey and it felt good. You were there, the glue holding everyone together. An integral part of the club's support whereas me, you are right, I wasn't there to witness this glorious event and so I am no longer worthy.

:rofl:

I don't need to explain to those without an agenda what I think about the Hey Jude because I've already said it's not my ideal but I can see where people are coming from and therefore I think it has more positives than negatives.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I like this game anyway. I post an opinion and get a Nickgull response.

I go away to the Bahamas for 2 weeks then come back and post an opinion and get a Nickgull response.

If I go to prison for 10 years and then get released and post an opinion what will happen do you think?

:clap: :rofl:

Relax and enjoy the blooming of the snowdrops.

Bye all. :scarf:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote: I guess you weren't at Scunny, Northampton, Fleetwood, Accrington, Wycombe, Burton, Bury or Morecambe? I think you were at Oxford like me though so i'll let that one go. I guess you won't be at York, Hartlepool, Southend, Mansfield, Chesterfield either? You might be at Bristol and Cheltenham but then so might I.

We won 3-1 at Bury in atrocious weather conditions and that felt like unison to me just that there were 150 of us there. If you like experiencing days like that then perhaps Man City might be more your thing?

Well done mate, you went to Pompey and it felt good. You were there, the glue holding everyone together. An integral part of the club's support whereas me, you are right, I wasn't there to witness this glorious event and so I am no longer worthy.

:rofl:

I don't need to explain to those without an agenda what I think about the Hey Jude because I've already said it's not my ideal but I can see where people are coming from and therefore I think it has more positives than negatives.
No one is questioning yours or Nick's loyalty. This is not a cock measuring thing. Let's not turn a positive vibe to a negative one peeps!
TUST member 328
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

[
quote="forevertufc"]Torquay fans reaction to the news that Sweet Caroline will no longer be played..

Thanks Andy Candy , that song was a wrist slitter. watch this video of Wolves, ok forget the song, but look how they all join in, now that's how to create an atmosphere..
[/quote]

You can go off people, you know Dave. :na:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:

:goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!