Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Biggygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Biggygull »

desperado wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:07 Anyway back to the football , 2 wins in 13 Biggy , get it right if you're going to moan.
We hammered Woking 4-1 and it wasn't Aldershot reserves
I didn’t think I was moaning just stating fact!
Surely your not happy with 1 win in twelve then? Plus a weakened Aldershot team (back up team) I’m just not ok to bury my head in the sand like sum.
I think the wheels are falling off personally.
I don’t think we have bad players we shouldn’t be in this terrible run of form. This cup was our last hope of something this season now it’s gone
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Biggygull wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:21 I didn’t think I was moaning just stating fact!
Surely your not happy with 1 win in twelve then? Plus a weakened Aldershot team (back up team) I’m just not ok to bury my head in the sand like sum.
I think the wheels are falling off personally.
I don’t think we have bad players we shouldn’t be in this terrible run of form. This cup was our last hope of something this season now it’s gone
Last hope???
some on here - as I've said before - thought we'd walk this league.....
whereas others would be happy - with the squad we had - a mid table finish.
thats what I was hoping for.
if we were to finish nearer the bottom, so be it, the important thing is to stay in the NL and we will achieve that - despite what some on here might think.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Biggygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Biggygull »

Stay in this league??? Even with our injury’s our fit players would walk into 50 percent of teams in this league.
We should be top half at least surely no?
Your opinion of our football club and players is extremely low.
Biggygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Biggygull »

We have a good manager with a good budget that has formed a squad full of talent. So why are we in down fall? That’s all I’m saying.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No I'm not happy with 1 win in 10 league games isn't it - but I am expecting us to start winning games very soon. The revival has already started hasn't it ? Only 1 defeat in the last 3 league games !
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Biggygull wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:47 Stay in this league??? Even with our injury’s our fit players would walk into 50 percent of teams in this league.
We should be top half at least surely no?
Your opinion of our football club and players is extremely low.
really???
as you have seemed to have missed, we have a squad of young players amongst a few older pro's.
our midfield and our two first-choice full backs have been out injured as has Jamie Reid.
and mid table is top half......
Low opinion????
take a look at some of the other posters on here before you even think of tarring me with that brush.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Biggygull wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:49 We have a good manager with a good budget that has formed a squad full of talent. So why are we in down fall? That’s all I’m saying.
How do you know what the budget is???

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Yes the revival has started. Only 2 defeats this year!!!!!!!!!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

The budget is an amount of money that Uncle Clarke has given our brilliant manager for the season 2019/20. 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
Biggygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Biggygull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:56 How do you know what the budget is???
Pretty sure little,Dickson,hall,Andrews,Reid and Davis don’t come cheap. Plus all the loans we have had
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

The players we have, even allowing for the injuries, should be producing better results. We need square pegs in square holes, drop the 5 at the back - it doesn't work, loan players who are better than those they are replacing - all down to the manager.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wbw wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 20:36 The players we have, even allowing for the injuries, should be producing better results. We need square pegs in square holes, drop the 5 at the back - it doesn't work, loan players who are better than those they are replacing - [highlight=yellow]all down to the manager[/highlight].
Ok, lets get back to the OP....
As I asked many pages ago, suggestions then to take over?

TUST Member 468

Howdidigethere
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Howdidigethere »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 19:35 Last hope???
some on here - as I've said before - thought we'd walk this league.....
whereas others would be happy - with the squad we had - a mid table finish.
thats what I was hoping for.
if we were to finish nearer the bottom, so be it, the important thing is to stay in the NL and we will achieve that - despite what some on here might think.
What makes you so sure? You cannot categorically state that we will stay up because we probably need to win at least 4 of our last 16 games. On current form, it is in no way a certainty that this will happen. There is no doubt more injuries to deal with and if an offer comes in for Jamie Reid he will be gone as well. We won’t stay up just because we are Torquay. The winners of NLS 2 years ago are back there now and the same could easily happen to us. Like you I hope it doesn’t but unlike you, I believe it is a worrying possibility.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Howdidigethere wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 22:47 What makes you so sure? You cannot categorically state that we will stay up because we probably need to win at least 4 of our last 16 games. On current form, it is in no way a certainty that this will happen. There is no doubt more injuries to deal with and if an offer comes in for Jamie Reid he will be gone as well. We won’t stay up just because we are Torquay. The winners of NLS 2 years ago are back there now and the same could easily happen to us. Like you I hope it doesn’t but unlike you, I believe it is a worrying possibility.
And you cant categorically state we will go down either.
Form can change.
Reid might just stay.
Who cares about the NLS champs from 2yrs ago?
Who predicted Brighton or Bournemouth would be in the premier league after playing us a few years ago?

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Even Gary Johnson said during one of his videos that we are in trouble.