Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Busterjames wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:03 I appreciate everyone’s own opinion on the team and individuals and I won’t be changing mine on him or anyone else I’m afraid.
He’s taken a wage from the Club and done nothing of any good in my opinion.
He was Dean Edwards puppet and that still sticks out for me.
I look at the Club now and anyone who was ever any good for the Club has left and found much better pastures and all I see at the Club now is a joke of a team, a joke of a bench, a joke of a community set up, a joke of a commercial department and a joke of a .........., what is it Candy even does :clap: :na: :rofl:
its good that you appreciate everyone else's opinion. that's the only positive thing you've said.
with regard to your insulting comments re Andrew Candy, you obviously don't know what good he did do for the club - as many posters have kindly pointed out - I have to assume that you are a complete tool.
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 27 Aug 2018, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

I am not really supposed to comment on forums but in the circumstances I think it appropriate that I try and clarify why I think Busterjames has made this comment. I believe it relates to a disagreement last Saturday about one of the ball boys and his perceived lack of action. The ball boy in question is my grandson who is 8 years old and only started helping out at the Club as they are often short of ball boys. He is still learning and generally does a good job. He will be the only ball boy present no doubt this afternoon as he covers the Truro games as well.I was naturally defensive and if Busterjames is the person I spoke to, he felt I had been rude to him which I do not believe I was. However, I am prepared to apologise as I do not want any ill feeling. For the record, I work on a part-time basis covering the licencing of the stadium, dealing with the Safety Advisory Group, health & safety, contracts of employment, HR advice and commercial contracts. Attending on match days, including the Truro games is done on a voluntary basis. I do not think I have upset BJ before and of course he is entitled to his opinion of me but I really think there are more important issues and people at the Club than me to worry about. If BJ wants to come and discuss his feelings over a cup of coffee I will be very pleased to see him and hopefully iron out what I hope are misconceptions. I am not anyone's puppet. Thank you to friends, ex-colleagues and others not immediately known to me for your kind words of support which are greatly appreciated.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

andrew candy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 11:03 I am not really supposed to comment on forums but in the circumstances I think it appropriate that I try and clarify why I think Busterjames has made this comment. I believe it relates to a disagreement last Saturday about one of the ball boys and his perceived lack of action. The ball boy in question is my grandson who is 8 years old and only started helping out at the Club as they are often short of ball boys. He is still learning and generally does a good job. He will be the only ball boy present no doubt this afternoon as he covers the Truro games as well.I was naturally defensive and if Busterjames is the person I spoke to, he felt I had been rude to him which I do not believe I was. However, I am prepared to apologise as I do not want any ill feeling. For the record, I work on a part-time basis covering the licencing of the stadium, dealing with the Safety Advisory Group, health & safety, contracts of employment, HR advice and commercial contracts. Attending on match days, including the Truro games is done on a voluntary basis. I do not think I have upset BJ before and of course he is entitled to his opinion of me but I really think there are more important issues and people at the Club than me to worry about. If BJ wants to come and discuss his feelings over a cup of coffee I will be very pleased to see him and hopefully iron out what I hope are misconceptions. I am not anyone's puppet. Thank you to friends, ex-colleagues and others not immediately known to me for your kind words of support which are greatly appreciated.
you may feel the "need" Andrew, but to be honest I wouldn't waste your time with him.
cheers
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

andrew candy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 11:03 I am not really supposed to comment on forums but in the circumstances I think it appropriate that I try and clarify why I think Busterjames has made this comment. I believe it relates to a disagreement last Saturday about one of the ball boys and his perceived lack of action. The ball boy in question is my grandson who is 8 years old and only started helping out at the Club as they are often short of ball boys. He is still learning and generally does a good job. He will be the only ball boy present no doubt this afternoon as he covers the Truro games as well.I was naturally defensive and if Busterjames is the person I spoke to, he felt I had been rude to him which I do not believe I was. However, I am prepared to apologise as I do not want any ill feeling. For the record, I work on a part-time basis covering the licencing of the stadium, dealing with the Safety Advisory Group, health & safety, contracts of employment, HR advice and commercial contracts. Attending on match days, including the Truro games is done on a voluntary basis. I do not think I have upset BJ before and of course he is entitled to his opinion of me but I really think there are more important issues and people at the Club than me to worry about. If BJ wants to come and discuss his feelings over a cup of coffee I will be very pleased to see him and hopefully iron out what I hope are misconceptions. I am not anyone's puppet. Thank you to friends, ex-colleagues and others not immediately known to me for your kind words of support which are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your reply, even though you state that you shouldn’t and I’m sure your employees would rather you didn’t also?!?

I was watching the game from the Pop in my usual area from my season ticket that I wish I’d never brought again so didn’t see this issue you mention although I think the ball boys do a great job in what looks like an area that has no support given?

I apologise for my comments on you directly, I just feel the whole Club (and it’s clear on here who’s peoples favourites are) are doing nothing right since Dean Edwards took over and I’ve tarred you with the same brush as everyone else I’m afraid.

As you clearly read these pages can you please pass on our thoughts and feelings towards your current manager from us all here and make him clearly aware of how unwanted he really is. With this you’d be a hero (I know 24 hours is a long time in football) lol.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No need to justify yourself, Andrew. Almost all fans know what you've done for our club and genuinely appreciate all your efforts. Hopefully one bad apple won't deter you from carrying on. Having met you a number of times I can assure you that you have my total respect as a man and as a club servant of longstanding.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Thank you Busterjames. No damage done so lets just move on. I do provide feedback to my manager (non-playing side) on a range of issues raised on social media generally which in the past has seen some things change.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Must just say thank you to Southampton Gull for his very kind words. That's it from me now as I think we can put this one to bed.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Heard from a sound source that Reid has told owers he wants to leave and wants to try his luck in the states.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Nightrider wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 15:16 Heard from a sound source that Reid has told owers he wants to leave and wants to try his luck in the states.
Good grief, really? He'd have no chance in MLS - he could maybe get a gig in USL but he'd probably have a hard time getting work authorisation since they'd need to prove he was "of exceptional ability"....lol
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Nightrider »

Would never get that especially the way he's playing today.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Andrew Candy - are you the Guy for Toys ? Or might that be another AC I know ??
At least Buster has apologised - but it's a shame you had to suffer that abuse though.

Re. Mr Owers - a good win tonight will pacify only a few. Myself I think Fans must stay behind him through the game. But now sub mid table - only a good win tonight will do. It's the dour Ower bit that's getting to me now. To motivate and lead, you need a spark or two !

Come on you Gulls !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Swatcat wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 15:52

Re. Mr Owers - a good win tonight will pacify only a few. Myself I think Fans must stay behind him through the game. But now sub mid table - only a good win tonight will do.
quite a number of posters appear to think the game is this evening. I wonder how many Torquay fans will turn up two hours after the final whistle?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

To be fair to Busterjames i agree with his whole post above more or less and i think given his explanation some people are maybe being a bit harsh with their criticism. There are a few people still active within the club who have unfairly been cast as guilty by association but who do and have done lots of good for the club and the fans and who genuinely do care. I suspect Andrew falls into this category but for those who don't know every individual who is associated with the club and who has been associated with the club these past 6 or 7 years (most of them absolute cretins by the way IMO) then it's easy to generalize and chuck everyone into the same soiled bucket. Ironically as i have just done.

Obviously in this case with Mr Candy it is wholly unwarranted but i can see why Busterjames has done so. Sheer frustration.

The fans of this club have been shit upon from great heights from an alarmingly high number of people involved with TUFC over the past few years and it just keeps on shitting it down. The reason being that a significant majority of people at the club in the past have been bellends and a significant majority of people there now are bellends. Andrew Candy and perhaps a select few more excepted from being bellends. I'm sure he'll be relieved to read that!

If everyone at the club had integrity and the decency to front up and communicate like Andrew Candy then the club would be in a far, far healthier place than it is right now.

Maybe someone can produce a TUFC lanyard that says "ANDREW CANDY - ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS AT TUFC"? Or probably as it is now - "ANDREW CANDY - THE GOOD GUY AT TUFC". :lol:
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 27 Aug 2018, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Nightrider »

Surely owers has to be sacked now,not going to waste my time and money until he's gone.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Thank you Yorkieandy, not sure about the lanyard though but appreciate the sentiment!