Craig and Yeoman to Dorchester

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Craig scored for Dorchester
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Check this out. **** knows where they've got this photo. Should someone tell them?

http://dorchestertownfc.com/2014/02/bromley-preview/

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Both on the score sheet today as Dorchester score a 90th minute winner to secure only their 7th win of the season.

Matt.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Nathan was on the verge of Lings side hardly ever played central where he could be at his best but managers always used him to fill in a space out wide in the team rather than say prove to me you can play in the middle, as more established players played there.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

You can see a great free kick from Craig and opportunist finish from Yeoman, here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks for posting that Hector, delighted that Craig and Yoeman did their bit in helping Dorchester pick up a vital win against runaway Conference south leaders Bromley, but the fact remains that was the conference south not away to chesterfield, and CH who would have known Ashley Yoeman from his time here as a player, a long with successive managers hasn't seen these two lads as good enough to play a part in our first team. Of course should we end up the in conference next term, that could very well change.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

forevertufc wrote:Thanks for posting that Hector, delighted that Craig and Yoeman did their bit in helping Dorchester pick up a vital win against runaway Conference south leaders Bromley, but the fact remains that was the conference south not away to chesterfield, and CH who would have known Ashley Yoeman from his time here as a player, a long with successive managers hasn't seen these two lads as good enough to play a part in our first team. Of course should we end up the in conference next term, that could very well change.
My feeling is that Yeoman, is probably not quite Football League standard and Conference/Conference South possibly is his level. If we go down, then it may be worth persisting with him. However, Craig has something. Under Ling, he was in the team and he lost his place and went off the radar under Knill. When Knill brought him back in, I don't think he did too badly. And now he hasn't feature under CH before being loaned out.

Certainly, if we are relegated, then I would be keeping Nathan Craig as he would be a more than adequate performer at non-league level.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The goal is the same size for everyone. If Craig can hit a free kick like that in the BSS, he can do it in L2 and he can do it in the Premiership. Doesn't mean it'll go in, of course, but that's got to be better than watching Nico smash one out for a goal kick. Same thing with Yeoman. Wilkinson seems to have missed a similarly simple chance for us yesterday, Yeoman sticks it in. The key to that goal is good strikers instinct, knowing where to go to score a goal. Again, that applies equally to all levels of the game. It's madness that some of the Conference level shit we've got knocking around the club many years past their sell-by date can stick in the team ahead of some genuinely talented youngsters.

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:The goal is the same size for everyone. If Craig can hit a free kick like that in the BSS, he can do it in L2 and he can do it in the Premiership. Doesn't mean it'll go in, of course, but that's got to be better than watching Nico smash one out for a goal kick. Same thing with Yeoman. Wilkinson seems to have missed a similarly simple chance for us yesterday, Yeoman sticks it in. The key to that goal is good strikers instinct, knowing where to go to score a goal. Again, that applies equally to all levels of the game. It's madness that some of the Conference level sh*t we've got knocking around the club many years past their sell-by date can stick in the team ahead of some genuinely talented youngsters.

Matt.
I totally and 100% agree with you there matt, but to have a player in your side because you might at some point get a free kick in the right area, and it might just be the 1 in 10 he gets spot on to the point the opposition keeper can't save it, isn't a justifiable reason to pick him when your facing the fight of your lives to stay in the league.

If we got a point in the season where we were stuck in mid table couldn't go up or down, then I would be in no doubt players a long the lines of Craig and Yeoman would have got their chance to shine and show what they could do, sadly that's not going to happen, relegation is going down to the wire once again.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh yeah, absolutely, I'm not suggesting we pick NC based purely on that. It's more an indication of his quality. What he lacks in strength and muscle, he makes up for in genuine technical ability. We've spent years watching a player with absolutely no talent at all blundering around the midfield on the basis that he "works hard". Surely, if we can forgive his shortcomings, we can forgive those of Craig for all the benefit that would bring in terms of attacking prowess (a lack of which is presently the primary cause of our lowly position)?

Matt.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Their pitch looks good doesn't it!

I have to agree with the consensus here, both are wasted are Dorchester Town really. I've made my feeling known about Yeoman, his goal at Morecambe had everyone standing on their feet. Nathan I am a touch more ambivalent about and I've never liked him in a 2 man centre midfield, but since we're now playing with 3 I really wouldn't see why couldn't give him a game or 2 in the middle. On rare occasions he has shown that his left foot is a highly potent weapon. At the moment not one of our central midfielders has scored a goal all season. (Mansell, Lathrope, Harding, Mozika, McCourt, Labadie)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Matt agree in return, Ben get where your coming from, but Chris Hargreaves is the latest Torquay manager, he brought them back to the club, he's had a look and sent them both back out on loan , that's all I'm saying, something here isn't right with these two lads other wise they'd both be in the team.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by bengull »

I agree with that Dave, it wasn't so much a plea to put them in now, its more a weep that neither have been given a fair crack of the whip over the last couple of years and both will probably slither through our grasp. But as I say, Yeoman definitely has something, and to have not made the bench in a JPT game, been overlooked in favour or Sullivan and Chaney, and to have been sent out to (with the greatest of respect) Bideford and Dorchester is insulting and criminal in the least- especially if you have the cheek to say 'he's the best finisher at the club'
DTFC_Tom
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Neil Craig

Post by DTFC_Tom »

Dorch fan here.

Both Craig, and Yeoman were superb yesterday. Especially considering the pitch resembled a ploughed field by the end(Not helped by torrential rain just 10 minutes before kick off. Before then the pitch was fine!)
Impressive free kick from Craig, and Yeoman seemed to have plenty of pace and Energy running down the wing linking up brilliantly with our center forward.
bengull wrote:I agree with that Dave, it wasn't so much a plea to put them in now, its more a weep that neither have been given a fair crack of the whip over the last couple of years and both will probably slither through our grasp. But as I say, Yeoman definitely has something, and to have not made the bench in a JPT game, been overlooked in favour or Sullivan and Chaney, and to have been sent out to (with the greatest of respect) Bideford and Dorchester is insulting and criminal in the least- especially if you have the cheek to say 'he's the best finisher at the club'
You just compared us to Bideford?
The standard of football in the conference south is far far higher than Bideford.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by bengull »

My apologies, I did not mean to mock or put your club down, or compare to Bideford in truth. Clumsily worded on my part- I just think Conference South is still too low for players of their calibre. Still, so it is, I hope they both do well for you and best of luck for the rest of the season.