Formation change needed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't want to be a negative neddy, but I see what's going to happen here.

Rice

Manse Tongue Cruise Nico

Chappell Craig Lathrope Cameron

Hawley Azeez.

That side will get absolutely destroyed and guess who the morons will blame? Yup, you guessed it, Nathan Craig (and Knilly, of course).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I don't really care what formation we play if we are picking up points. What annoys me is that we seem to have used the T.A.R.D.I.S as our main recruitment device. Yes there are teams out there that still play 4-4-2 but I struggle to think of any that play such an old fashioned system as AK seems to prefer with the hard working midfield, pacy wingers and big man/little man up front.
3-5-2, 4-3-3. 2-3-2-3. I really don't care so longs as the players fit, perform well and earn us some points.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i actually want Nathan Craig in the side now so we can quash this myth once and for all that he's any good.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't want to be a negative neddy, but I see what's going to happen here.

Rice

Manse Tongue Cruise Nico

Chappell Craig Lathrope Cameron

Hawley Azeez.

That side will get absolutely destroyed and guess who the morons will blame? Yup, you guessed it, Nathan Craig (and Knilly, of course).

Matt.

I think it will be more like
Rice
Tonge another loanee cruise nicho

Cameron mansell Lathrope Chappell

Azzez hawley

Lavercombe
Mackenzie
Hutchings
Craig
Benyon
Sullivan
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Cruise at centre back again arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rice

Tonge
Pfff
LOL
Nicho

Azeez
Mansell
Lathrope
Craig
Chapello

Hawley

Keeper
Benyon
Cameron
The rest
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I suspect he will go:

Rice
Tonge (Another Loanee) Cruise Nico
Lathrope
Azeez Mansell Craig Chappell
Hawley
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The manager has no option but to get a loan player in at centre half and yes it is hard luck that both Pierce and Downes are not fit but there were problems way before last Saturday. I don't want to talk to much about last Saturday as players might read it and would lose confidence and they have not got much of that at the moment. Matt asked what team I or anyone would pick, I have two options with the players available. Rice Tonge Cruise (Loan a must) Nicholson Lathrope Mansell Craig Chapell Bodin with Hawley or Benyon up front trying to get to second half Knill Knill if you know what I mean. I have managed at a good level and know if the spirit is good it can act as an extra player I just hope the coaching staff get it right. When everyone is fit I would play a 4-2-3-1 formation but on Saturday a 4-5-1 is needed. Late in the game if there is a chance to win thinking positive get Azeez on for the winner or 'catch up.' In a full squad I would try Chapell behind the striker as he get goals. Thats it Matt
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't wish to seem as if I am being harsh on Martin Rice who overall has done well for us, however to me our first choice back unit would be be.

Poke
Tonge-Pearce-Downes-Cruise, had we be able to field this Saturday, there is no way in a month of Sunday's York would have got close to scoring 3 goals, so to be fair when every one's fit no need to change anything.

That said through a stupid rule where by you can not count a loan player for international call ups despite the clear need for that loan player to play, it is going to be a mess. Can't believe I am going come up with this, however this, assuming that Harding will not be fit.
Rice
Tonge-loan/youth-Cruise-Nico
mansell-Lathrope
Cameron-Graig-Chapell
Azeez-Hawley

Please do not even consider going 4-5-1, likely result, totaly and completely wiped out.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

With all the call ups and injuries this week, if Craig doesn't start then I think one could safely make the assumption that he may as well ask for his contract to be terminated and tout himself around elsewhere!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Agree with that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I think there's more of a chance of manse at RB with tonge and cruise CB, Craig and lathrope in the middle. If we don't get a loan CB.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Don't wish to seem as if I am being harsh on Martin Rice who overall has done well for us, however to me our first choice back unit would be be.

Poke
Tonge-Pearce-Downes-Cruise, had we be able to field this Saturday, there is no way in a month of Sunday's York would have got close to scoring 3 goals, so to be fair when every one's fit no need to change anything.

That said through a stupid rule where by you can not count a loan player for international call ups despite the clear need for that loan player to play, it is going to be a mess. Can't believe I am going come up with this, however this, assuming that Harding will not be fit.
Rice
Tonge-loan/youth-Cruise-Nico
mansell-Lathrope
Cameron-Graig-Chapell
Azeez-Hawley

Please do not even consider going 4-5-1, likely result, totaly and completely wiped out.
Would be fairer if we could play 12 players!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

My bad Rich, got carried away there, however think we might need to play 12.. :) Remove Hawley from my line up. :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Fair yellow4life I would actually like to see that happen. Mane hs done it before he can do it again and make lathrope a very deep midfielder whilst giving drug more room to ping the ball around. I would rather see that
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TeenageGull wrote:Fair yellow4life I would actually like to see that happen. Mane hs done it before he can do it again and make lathrope a very deep midfielder whilst giving drug more room to ping the ball around. I would rather see that

I think you need a new keypad :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com