Season tickets - in or out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 03 May 2023, 18:06 Great post, the club and its lack of transparency is alarming, it says it all to me, void of any real rapport with the fans, topped of with GJ dining out on the last 7 games or so, he was always staying on, money for old rope, will we do well next season?, Probably, but if GJ starts giving it the big one after we've beaten Tonbrdge Angels or Aveley FC, I'll go nuclear on this forum, like I said previously, he must have nuts the size of cantaloupes to distance himself from ANY blame, arrogant and deluded...
Fully agree and not forgetting we are awaiting an apology from him for the season of failure…. Or have I missed it ?
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not heard anything DevonBee, but he won't hold his hands up will be?, It's catch 22, because if he does, that'll be admitting it was HIS fault for signing a bunch of players who were shocking, and the blame would be on him, but as we've heard post match for 40 plus games, he never did anything wrong did he??, And yet fans still want him running the show?, Unreal DevonBee, I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting a fresh start with a new improved regime, sadly it ain't happening is it.Gutted.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Go nuclear on this forum? What's the point?

GJ is who he is, he's not going to change at his age. Yes he's clearly arrogant, clearly believes he's not to blame for this. But tbf most managers need arrogance to survive long in the game. He's always been one for holding cards close to his chest, to keep information from the opposition, unfortunately that means we know nothing of injuries etc. Yes it's infuriating.

I agree, the fist pumping should of stopped long ago, either face the fans whether we win or lose, or walk off as soon as the whistle blows.

Im also going to assume he's not been given a new contract and that this is simply the last year of a three year deal, hence why his salary is unchanged even with relegation.

As for the owner, his loans mean we're still here. End of.

I'll buy a Season ticket, doesn't mean I'm happy with where we are, but it's the club I support, not the owner. If Gary starts celebrating beating Part time clubs, it'll be embarrassing, but as long as we get promoted straight away, I won't care much tbh.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 03 May 2023, 18:49 Not heard anything DevonBee, but he won't hold his hands up will be?, It's catch 22, because if he does, that'll be admitting it was HIS fault for signing a bunch of players who were shocking, and the blame would be on him, but as we've heard post match for 40 plus games, he never did anything wrong did he??, And yet fans still want him running the show?, Unreal DevonBee, I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting a fresh start with a new improved regime, sadly it ain't happening is it.Gutted.
We are not alone Mr Tea808 GJ should have been history in January, and here we are now.
McGavin, Hanson, Marshall , Crowe on contracts and these are the soft underbellied losers that helped take us down.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

GullsUnited wrote: 03 May 2023, 18:02 We also have an owner that stopped us going under years ago, when there was no interest in us there was someone to bankroll us.

You may not like the owner and that's fine but don't underestimate what he has done for the club also.

Don't buy a season ticket which is completely fine but don't bother going when things are going well
I won’t, and if you bothered to read and understand what I said before, you’d realise it’s not about winning. I’m 72 years old now and first went to Plainmoor when I was about 8 years old. What I see now really hurts me. Don’t try to paint Osborne as some knight in shining armour. He isn’t. And when the loans that have been made to TUFC are called in the mucky stuff will really hit the fan.
If on the other hand he is the saviour you make him out to be he’s not doing a very good job in the implementation of the five year plan is he?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DB57 wrote: 03 May 2023, 22:04 I won’t, and if you bothered to read and understand what I said before, you’d realise it’s not about winning. I’m 72 years old now and first went to Plainmoor when I was about 8 years old. What I see now really hurts me. Don’t try to paint Osborne as some knight in shining armour. He isn’t. And when the loans that have been made to TUFC are called in the mucky stuff will really hit the fan.
If on the other hand he is the saviour you make him out to be he’s not doing a very good job in the implementation of the five year plan is he?
I read what you said and I know fans like you all too well, say they won't go to games but once torquay start winning, you all seem to come out of the woodwork, as long as you stick to what you say then that's all that matters
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Just love the end of season bickering ! Whether people buy ur don’t buy a season ticket is their choice, I will be sorting mine out soon and work on the theory that the majority of funds raised by season ticket sales helps the club through the dead months of May/June & July when income is negligible

I’m not a happy clapper just a realist in that last season was horrid, the squad for most of the season was not good enough and we have a manager who refuses to retire. But the rollercoaster ride which is following TUFC is continuing and what fun we will have !!!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

GullsUnited wrote: 03 May 2023, 22:07 I read what you said and I know fans like you all too well, say they won't go to games but once torquay start winning, you all seem to come out of the woodwork, as long as you stick to what you say then that's all that matters
Ridiculous statement. What you're saying is only the hard core who are prepared to put up with anything are entitled to support the club, our crowds would never get above 1200 if that was the case.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Cheddargull wrote: 04 May 2023, 20:04 Ridiculous statement. What you're saying is only the hard core who are prepared to put up with anything are entitled to support the club, our crowds would never get above 1200 if that was the case.
What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous that fans will sit on the fence when it comes to purchasing season tickets, it's basically admitting that you'll only attend if we're in a good situation, supporting a club is about being there when it's bad and good
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

GullsUnited wrote: 04 May 2023, 21:09 What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous that fans will sit on the fence when it comes to purchasing season tickets, it's basically admitting that you'll only attend if we're in a good situation, supporting a club is about being there when it's bad and good
I've have never purchased a season ticket in my life because my shift patterns mean I would miss at least 50% of games a season. I know some people do purchase season tickets even though they have no hope of attending every game but that is a luxury few can afford but compared to those people you probably think I'm a fairweather fan.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Cheddargull wrote: 04 May 2023, 23:05 I've have never purchased a season ticket in my life because my shift patterns mean I would miss at least 50% of games a season. I know some people do purchase season tickets even though they have no hope of attending every game but that is a luxury few can afford but compared to those people you probably think I'm a fairweather fan.
Yep It’s the same for me, I work different shifts and some times on a Saturday I find out that I can make the home game which in the years gone bye I could walk up to the gate and pay the same price but now I have to pay on line and more money. So I don’t Go
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Jpr wrote: 05 May 2023, 10:12 Yep It’s the same for me, I work different shifts and some times on a Saturday I find out that I can make the home game which in the years gone bye I could walk up to the gate and pay the same price but now I have to pay on line and more money. So I don’t Go
Thats how I feel about the pay on the day, just the feeling you're being ripped off.