How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We lost at Newport because alan Knill hasn't used his budget effectively to cover as many bases as possible leaving us top heavy with strikers and wingers meaning we couldn't field a fit and capable defense. This was also part of the reason for defeat Saturday and not rectified will be the reason we will have huge difficulty this coming Saturday.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We have four wingers and four strikers. Of those, Knill only signed half of each. That's exactly the number any professional team should have. We have four centre backs (as many as any club could possibly carry) and all four are injured or ill at once. We keep going over this and you keep simply making the same erroneous point over and over and over.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

we don't have 4 viable centre backs.

At newport we had 4 strikers on the bench, another out on loan with one in the side and 2 wingers/attackers.

We were missing one centre back and we were forced to play a left back there, where were our other centre backs? Take the point if McKenzie isn't well enough but again he's played fewer first team games than Yeoman.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

:goodpost:
royalgull wrote:We lost at Newport because alan Knill hasn't used his budget effectively to cover as many bases as possible leaving us top heavy with strikers and wingers meaning we couldn't field a fit and capable defense. This was also part of the reason for defeat Saturday and not rectified will be the reason we will have huge difficulty this coming Saturday.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

The clown could have signed Cooper who I think would have been our best midfielder at the club & excellent cover for centre defense. Instead he has wasted money on Benyon (who I like very much ) who does not get in his team & is warming the bench with his ar#e!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Ferrarilover has a strange view on things.

First he claims we didn't properly lose at Newport! even though they score more goals than us and the BBc were in on this conspiracy by showing...err, the goals, and not our fictitious chances and therefore made it looked like, we err lost.

But now it doesn't matter if we lose so much because the manner 'IN WHICH WE LOSE' is far more important. Because you see, the points at stake now are not as important as the points at stake in April, they don't really count because there are probably some performance related points you can acquire instead.

Add some great excuses into the mix and really there is nothing to worry about. The fact that similar loons on the other club sites are probably saying the same thing about their clubs means nothing.

Because...the league table doesn't count. It just shows some inconvenient information, like form and how good you are...unimportant stuff, that those who want to pretend everything is rosy, like to ignore because it spoils their delusions about TUFC.

Listen to every manager who loses a game - such as John Sheridan - and they will claim bad luck, poor decisions, for 80 minutes we played well, all manner of crap...just like that, that ferrarilover spouts.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Or you could take a leaf out of your book and look to sack a manager after half a dozen games of a season.

Lunacy.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, all those pesky blokes who are paid vast sums of money to be expert in the game say the same things I do, yet your armchair based opinion is clearly worth so much more.

Taking the piss out of me will get you absolutely no where with anyone with more than three IQ points to knock together.

You're commenting on a game you didn't go to and your opinion that we had only "fictitious" chances has been widely discredited by the membership of this site.

You know full well that what you've said here isn't even close to a fair reflection on the points I've (perfectly reasonably) made.

Quite why, when the club you allege to support is in a bit of a jam, you decide to bicker on the Internet with other fans instead of doing something practically useful, I really don't know.

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, all those pesky blokes who are paid vast sums of money to be expert in the game say the same things I do, yet your armchair based opinion is clearly worth so much more.

Taking the piss out of me will get you absolutely no where with anyone with more than three IQ points to knock together.

You're commenting on a game you didn't go to and your opinion that we had only "fictitious" chances has been widely discredited by the membership of this site.

You know full well that what you've said here isn't even close to a fair reflection on the points I've (perfectly reasonably) made.

Quite why, when the club you allege to support is in a bit of a jam, you decide to bicker on the Internet with other fans instead of doing something practically useful, I really don't know.

Matt.
Coming from you, that is stretching credibility. Burying your head in the sand about the club's predicament is hardly useful either.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The main point that I take issue with FL is that we don't have four viable centre backs. We have two who are both injured. If Mackenzie and Hutchings were/are both fit putting them in the team this weekend would not improve our defence one jot. They are both too young and inexperienced
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

hector wrote:Ferrarilover has a strange view on things.

First he claims we didn't properly lose at Newport! even though they score more goals than us and the BBc were in on this conspiracy by showing...err, the goals, and not our fictitious chances and therefore made it looked like, we err lost.

But now it doesn't matter if we lose so much because the manner 'IN WHICH WE LOSE' is far more important. Because you see, the points at stake now are not as important as the points at stake in April, they don't really count because there are probably some performance related points you can acquire instead.

Add some great excuses into the mix and really there is nothing to worry about. The fact that similar loons on the other club sites are probably saying the same thing about their clubs means nothing.

Because...the league table doesn't count. It just shows some inconvenient information, like form and how good you are...unimportant stuff, that those who want to pretend everything is rosy, like to ignore because it spoils their delusions about TUFC.

Listen to every manager who loses a game - such as John Sheridan - and they will claim bad luck, poor decisions, for 80 minutes we played well, all manner of crap...just like that, that ferrarilover spouts.
:goodpost:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry Tezza, but that's not the case and hasn't been for years. I really don't know where this "you don't win anything with kids" stuff comes from when we see, time and again, young guys coming in at all levels of the game and playing well.

An academy kid of 20 today has probably played more football than a 25 year old of the mid-nineties. 20 isn't too young, we have England internationals playing at that age.

I'm afraid that's an idea outdated and discredited by about 25 years.

Hector, there's no head burying here, just the practical and realistic vision that sacking the manager is the worst thing we could possibly do.

Matt.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Yes, it is accepted in more progressive circles that the best age for clubs to aquire or introduce players is 20-22. Old enough to have developed physically but still with the hunger to build a career. And not too expensive if you are a middle-sized buying club.
TUST number 080
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Cooper would have been a proper signing :keepie: :keepie: