Team for Rotherham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Team for Rotherham?

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Poke

Leadbitter
Saah
Downes
Nicho

Macklin
Mansell
Craig
Bodin

Benyon
Jarvis

Subs: Rice, MacDonald, Oastler (if fit), Yeoman, Thompson, Cruise, Lathrope

That's what I'd go for. I'd like to see Cruise given a chance but I don't think we'll see that until our L2 position is secured.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Looks good but I expect to see the same team as Saturday with Benners in for Yeoman. If we can create the same chances and Benners can slot them either side of their 'keeper rather than banging 'em straight down his throat then I think we'll do well.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

PhilGull wrote:Looks good but I expect to see the same team as Saturday with Benners in for Yeoman. If we can create the same chances and Benners can slot them either side of their 'keeper rather than banging 'em straight down his throat then I think we'll do well.
:goodpost:

Would be great for Taylor to stage a mutiny by playing Craig where he belongs, but it won't happen. It really frustrates me that we continue with such a glaring error!

Special request to the Pop: Please don't let us down when it comes to abusing Evans and Raynor.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do like that line up Nick, but Philgull has called it spot on in my opinion.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

NickGull wrote:Poke

Leadbitter
Saah
Downes
Nicho

Macklin
Mansell
Craig
Bodin

Benyon
Jarvis

That's what I'd go for. I'd like to see Cruise given a chance but I don't think we'll see that until our L2 position is secured.
Would also like to see this side, put it up on the Benyon thread before i read this one. Good choice sir.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I just want to see two fast-paced men on each wing, to take on the opposition and provide the ball for our strikers; I can hardly wait for the day when Thompson makes a regular spot for himself there.

Along with Bodin to run rings round opposing defenders.

And perhaps Lil' Danny to run between their legs... :~D
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

if we're just gonna continue to hump it up top, honestly think we're better off playing Angus Macdonald up there!
The gulls are going up
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Hope we don't play Craig on the wing - he is wasted there and the team loses the chance to get behind the defence on the right.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

NickGull wrote:Poke

Leadbitter
Saah
Downes
Nicho

Macklin
Mansell
Craig
Bodin

Benyon
Jarvis

Beautiful line up!! :bow:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I agree with the line-up, please for the love of God can we put Nathan Craig back into the centre.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I would also like to see this line-up although I think we might be a bit lightweight in midfield as a result. Don't forget how last year teams were able to run through our middle before Lathrope was brought in to stiffen the midfield.

This is probably why the management insist on playing either 451 or 442 with Craig on the wing.

This is the problem with selecting your best players - they must also be the best for the position they are asked to play and Craig is probably fifth in line for the wing position.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Modgull, I was one of the people clamouring for Lathrope's return, but he looks out of his depth in a two-man midfield. For the role he does in the 4-5-1/4-3-3 of last year he was fantastic, happy to sit infront of the defence and tidy up. However, it is an entirely different role we're asking of him now, in a 2-man role. It's one he is less effective in. I would still be a bit wary of the midfield with Mansell and Craig personally, but we need to have that player in there who can pass the ball all over the shop, which is NC. Mansell and Lathrope both are nowhere near Craig's level when it comes to passing a ball. Manse is a harrier, he'll run and run but technically he isn't as good.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Hope we don't play Craig on the wing - he is wasted there and the team loses the chance to get behind the defence on the right.

Pity the management can't see what we all can. This must have been said hundreds of times on here and thousands of times at TQ1 in the stands
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Forest gull wrote:Hope we don't play Craig on the wing - he is wasted there and the team loses the chance to get behind the defence on the right.

Pity the management can't see what we all can. This must have been said hundreds of times on here and thousands of times at TQ1 in the stands
I think it's just Ling's cautious style. He would rather have Jarvis in there working hard than have Craig's touch of finesse.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084