is brucie right??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No, Bruice is not right, no team has ever gained 75 points from 40 match's of the back of nothing but good luck, you can spin things which ever way you want, some will say look at all those 1.0 wins, if the other team hadn't have missed a penalty, if Bobby didn't make the save, if they had a striker who knew where the goals was, if we hadn't have scored from our 1 and only chance.

Simple matter of fact, for most of this season, teams we have come up against have not been good enough to score against us, and we have been good enough to score from limited number of chances, thats why the team are 2nd and they are thier on merit, think the system the team plays is allways going to mean the other team is going to see a lot of the ball.

This is not the best team we have seen by a long chalk, but they have got plenty of balls and fight, they don't know when they are beaten, and they have proved they can see out a match even when things are not going there way, kkep it up for 6 more matchs and thier is only one place we are going to be next term...league 1.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote: Blue bit contradicts red bit.

The opposition being sh*t at shooting is not lucky on our part, it's their own fault for not being better. They had three on target to our one. For all their good play and what not, they managed three shots on target, and only a single one of note. This is not luck, it is a poor show from the opposition. Having 20 shots on target, finding a keeper on blinding form (think Bevan against us at home, he will NEVER play that well again if he plays the game for another 50 years). Hitting the referee with half a dozen shots, having 5 stonewall penalties turned down or being flagged offside every time you come forward, THAT is unlucky. Singly failing to muster a meaningful shot in an hour and a half of football is not 'unlucky' Barnet, it's rubbish Barnet.

Have posed this to them (in friendlier terms) on their board, just to see what they'll say.

Matt.
If you indeed have done that Matt, I think that knowing how your idea of Diplomacy reads on here, There is a high risk of them contracting a visit by Achmed to your abode. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Well done to Cambridge Gull for getting his head round this quicker than I can. The Ref is poor & we miss out on 5 stonewall penalties in our favour - this is unlucky.
The opposition are poor & therefore miss 5 stonewall goalscoring opportunities & we now benefit, yet that won't be considered lucky ?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

McLeod is at Barnet because he didn't kick a ball, due to injury for two and a half years. Career totals of 106 goals in 252 games is perfectly acceptable. The only Blue thing which relates wholly and specifically to IM is the penalty issue, so I'd suggest it's not as contradictory as you might think.

Cambridge, I never put either good or poor performance down as lucky or unlucky for either side. You play how you play.

Just re-read my initial post, its appallingly written, best off just ignoring it, save me rewriting it properly. I know what I meant, but the punctuation is all over the place, causing mayhem.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Just re-read my initial post, its appallingly written, best off just ignoring it, save me rewriting it properly. I know what I meant, but the punctuation is all over the place, causing mayhem.
Maybe this is why the reception girls keep losing your letters! ;-)
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

cambgull wrote: Maybe this is why the reception girls keep losing your letters! ;-)
Maybe this is why lawyers don't put in any punctuation in legal documents.. =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

cambgull wrote: Maybe this is why the reception girls keep losing your letters! ;-)
:~D This is actually very similar to a paragraph I include in my letters!

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Maybe you should try writing in their language.
I iz wel takin dis geez 2 cort coz he sed mi clyent iz a fag LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C U Next Tuesday,

Matto
Luke.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He usually does, he just uses spellcheck ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

This is why I decided to prank a friend who has terrible grammar and spelling by saving a bunch of wrong spellings to his MS Word dictionary. He was lucky though, the only chance we got was after his dissertation was done!
Luke.

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"Luck" is the result of thorough preparation.

The recent behind the scenes view that we've seen, has shown us the "luck" that goes into games before, during and after matches.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Back on track, no brucie isn't right. When is he ever right?

If brucie was right we would now have Compton back in charge because Ling would have been sacked months ago. Remember his "Ling is clueless" rant? Well give me Lings version of clueless every time.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Trojan 67 wrote:"Luck" is the result of thorough preparation.

The recent behind the scenes view that we've seen, has shown us the "luck" that goes into games before, during and after matches.
The more we train, the luckier we get.

Matt.

Dave, surely it's apparent to everyone by now; that's the bloody point!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Obviously not..............
Dave