from oastler to saah

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

from oastler to saah

Post by bixieupnorth »

as expected the red card for oastler has been rescinded, and he is no longer banned on saturday. the card has been transferred to brian saah and he will now serve a one match ban.

see OS :- http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 76,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has this sort of thing been done before, always thought that if ref didnt give a card during the game then it was tough titty?? except for a bit of the old ultraviolence then fair dos, justice has to be seen to be done

anyway, i'm pleased its been sorted
still keeping the faith
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:as expected the red card for oastler has been rescinded, and he is no longer banned on saturday. the card has been transferred to brian saah and he will now serve a one match ban.

see OS :- http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 76,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has this sort of thing been done before, always thought that if ref didnt give a card during the game then it was tough titty?? except for a bit of the old ultraviolence then fair dos, justice has to be seen to be done

If the referee has not mentioned something in his report than the FA can take action.

I guess this is why the Cayford rumour has surfaced again? To come in and sit on the bench??
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PhilGull wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if we registered Cayford in much the same way as we have Nathan Craig i.e. on non contract terms until the end of the season - in effect no more than an extended trial.

Although I'm not sure his reappearance has anything to do with the Saah ban as I believe he (Cayford) also appeared in the friendly at Tiverton a couple of weeks ago.

As for the referee (Jock Waugh) perhaps he should me made to sit out a game too ... for his complete incompetence! :slap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It is the rules on mistaken identity bottom of page 5......http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary ... ok1112.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It happened with the Da silva twins, when the ref booked the wrong twin...http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... ery&ino=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; In this atleast they were twins, I mean Saah and Oastler are hardly look a likes. :Oops:
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i never said that thing about cayford, is that slander or libel? either way you'll be hearing from my lawyers in the morning!!
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

bixieupnorth wrote:as expected the red card for oastler has been rescinded, and he is no longer banned on saturday. the card has been transferred to brian saah and he will now serve a one match ban.

There are persistent rumours of a bit of the old in-out in-out occurring in the changing rooms after the match, but no evidence seems to exist. :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

a fellow droog?? fancy a moloko at the korova?
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I didn't think it was a foul anyway but accepting that the ref or in this case linesman says it was.......

How can the ref send anyone off? He didn't think it was a foul the lino's given it, so I imagine the conversation has gone along the lines of 'ref there was definitely a foul there, ok who made it? Err Dunno. So shall I just take a guess then? yeah sounds pretty good what's the worst that can happen'.

The end result wasn't really affected as the right person has been punished ultimately but if you aren't 100% sure then how can you send anyone off. Just give the penalty and be done with it. They've been made to look total morons by confusing Brian Saah with Joe Oastler and that's what happens when you guess decisions.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

bixieupnorth wrote:a fellow droog?? fancy a moloko at the korova?
With some Ludwig Van playing all the while.

Haha, great movie, scary as feck like, but still one I watch every time I come across it, which, as you'd imagine, isn't very often.

Matt.
QAGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by QAGull »

It looks like I'll have dust down the white trousers and the bowler hat for a meet with some droogs.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

This is gonna be the best football fancy dress ever. Might have to beat a tramp to death on the way to the ground.

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I'll dress up as Dawn French!

Oh..thought you said chocolate orange. my bad.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:a fellow droog?? fancy a moloko at the korova?
I totally missed the Clockwork Orange link - but the Russian still made me laugh!

would rather lose Saah than Oastler.