1000 to cheltenham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Kernowgull wrote:I've only been with my girlfriend a couple months, but I got in there right at the beginning with the "What do you think of Valentines Day" question. She gave the standard "Oh I think its a load of corporate rubbish and don't see why we need to be told when to be nice to our loved ones" answer, which is almost certainly not how she feels about it, but I jumped on that with "Brilliant, me too, I'm taking you to watch Cheltenham v Torquay that night".

Not sure how delighted she is but I am, living in Brizzle its only down the road.
First day of Feb and you already got my vote for MOTM! Who da man!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote: Who wears the trousers? =D
I wear the trousers in my marriage.

The wife tells me which ones ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've not been to Cheltenham either since that hot sunny day in 2004. Like others have said, it's a friendly enough club with an easy going atmosphere. Sadly though i won't be going to this one, not as it's Valentines but as i was planning to stop overnight ( yes , on my own! I'm sure my girlfriend believed me?! :-/ That's who wears the trousers in our northern house you southern girlies! ). She can't get the day off work next day meaning i'd have to be back in Chesterfield for 8am to get my daughter to nursery. Gutted. I've managed to wangle the Swindon game next month instead where one will be staying the evening alone in a very nice Wiltshire retreat. Oh ya! :zzz:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Forest gull wrote:Closest game to home for me now I live in the Forest of Dean. My two lads coming too now I've told them how noisy our away fans are.
Come on you yellows
Another chance to them to be ambarrassed by dad then eh?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Another chance to them to be ambarrassed by dad then eh?[/quote]

Only if I get spotted with all the pies at Whadden Road, a bit like ......... :~D
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Forest gull wrote:Another chance to them to be ambarrassed by dad then eh?

Only if I get spotted with all the pies at Whadden Road, a bit like ......... :~D[/quote]
Ph I remember it well. Lol. I didn't think you were there that day. I thought it was only Chris and my wife with me. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Managed to "organise" meetings in our Gloucester office on the 14th and 15th so count another one for Cheltenham, best make the most of it as redundancy starts in April
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Ah yes, Valentines Day. Well I should be at the match. Whilst my husband stays home to look after the kids
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

if anyone needs a lift i am going up....
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

what with Rotherham being cancelled, Robins away was my only hope to see the gulls this season, now it turns out I'm working a 12hour shift at Interflora, so very gutted about not making it.