Train to Argyle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Train to Argyle

Post by holsten »

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but we've been discussing what time people are getting trains to Plymouth.

I've made a Facebook event and most want to get the 11:56 train from Newton Abbot to Plymouth.

A lot of the Yellow Army will be getting this one so anyone is welcome to join! Think a number of us will be in the Railway Inn for a few pints before if anyone wants to join.

Can't wait for this one, come on united!!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

how far is the train station from Home Park....now that i am an old git and my legs are knackered 8/
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

kingsgull wrote:how far is the train station from Home Park....now that i am an old git and my legs are knackered 8/
15-20 mins walk, not far.

Will be one of the lads heading down on the 11:56 train, looking forward to it.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I will also be heading down on the 11:56 train, although I will be getting on at Torquay (11:28). That train stops at Newton Abbot for 11:39 then leaves for Plymouth at the time already mentioned at 11:56.

Can't wait!
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 14 Dec 2011, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I will also be heading down on the 11:56 train, although I will be getting on at Torquay (11:28). That train stops at Newton Abbot for 11:39 then leaves for Plymouth at the time already mentioned at 11:56. The Railway Inn as walshy mentioned, is about a mile away from the ground.

Can't wait!
Railway Inn's by Newton train station mate. By the looks of footballgroundguide.com, there aren't much pubs in the vicinity that accomodate away fans or are just for away fans, so plan is to have a couple of drinks in the pub by Newton rail station then head down. Apparently theres a bar in the ground too so if in the ground early, as is likely, you can drink in there too.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Benno wrote: Railway Inn's by Newton train station mate. By the looks of footballgroundguide.com, there aren't much pubs in the vicinity that accomodate away fans or are just for away fans, so plan is to have a couple of drinks in the pub by Newton rail station then head down. Apparently theres a bar in the ground too so if in the ground early, as is likely, you can drink in there too.

Apologies. I googled pubs in Plymouth and got a result called the Railway Hotel. I meant that not the Railway Pub. However I did get the direction wrong, it's much further away than I mentioned, again apologies, my sense of direction!! :@ :slap:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote:Drink too much;
Go for a piss;
Another goal
you're sure to miss!
=D

And don't I know it ! :Oops: :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

Come out of Plymouth station and turn left, up the short hill and left again, to the end of the road and turn left, this will take you to Mutley Plain where there are a dozen pubs and you are a 15 minute walk [ 20 minute stagger] from the ground.

COYY