Is patience wearing thin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Lets hope that Ling has not come to the end of his contact book. Mcphee (lives in Torquay so that one was obvious). Saah (lings lovechild) Leadbitter (hmm) Keeper (no idea) Stevens/Oastler (nobody else wanted anyway).
If thats it we are fecked.
Not sure about McPhee and Stevens but other than that I am happy with the additions currently. We need quality up front and on the wings and for me another central midfielder though.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Please don t get me wrong here Teeboo ,in no way do I mean this to come across as me having a pop at you, I do appreciate what you have posted so far.

However you have me slightly confused, not hard I know ,you say, you have some snippets/idea s on signings but because of one poster getting upset you now need to keep your cards close to your chest, then on the other hand you do a thread pleading with Ling to bring some new signings fast.

Teeboo if you feel unable to post player names fair enough I understand that, however is it a case that Ling is not close to signing any forward players? Or the case that he is, and the players concerned are not the quality we need right now?
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As an aside, which member was it who had a go.

We offer a happy forum for all here, and members new and old are offered protection from unfairness (unless it's meted out by a red, in which case, you're screwed), so if someone is causing you (of all people) grief, then make mention and the problem will disappear.

SG has been known to eat persistent troublemakers, be warned people!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

today is my first post on this site and I had to do this just to let off some steam. Standing on the mini and pop sides for the past 40 years I have had to learn alot about patience but this last few weeks has really left a bad taste in my mouth. To be honest I dont think this board could get pi---- in a brewery. Buckle has been taking the micheal for months so come on the board grow a pair.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Welcome bornagull, we hope this post will be your first of many. We are a solvent club and i thank them greatly for that but IMO thats it. They have no idea about how to promote or encourage business. They seem to turn everything into an administrative nightmare and they lurch from one debacle to another whether it be about signings, appointments, ticket sales, club shop merchandise, lack of communication the list goes on. But hey, there are positives bornagull and Bucks has gone now. For what its worth, if he doesn't at least get a play off spot at rovers then he may get the sack and i for one do not think he will get a play off spot.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why on earth do you think Buckle is not going to get a play off spot - just have a look at the players he has signed. This is league 2 for christ sake. He is bound to get them in the top seven.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

he SHOULD, but doesn't mean he WILL, and i live in hope he WON'T !! just wait til he gets manager of the month then plunges into two months of chaos !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brucie,you have answered your own question in your posts over the last four years.

Where you have told us ,Buckle is tacticly clueless,no plan b ,would not know when the right time or right player to substitute if it smacked him in the face,etc,etc,so if your right Brucie,Buckle can have all the best players ,the most money,aswell as all the tea in China,he is going to fall flat on his face.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Why on earth do you think Buckle is not going to get a play off spot - just have a look at the players he has signed. This is league 2 for christ sake. He is bound to get them in the top seven.
As soon as Buckle stops sh1tting all over us (hopefully this is now over but still have Robertson saga to see out) then I could not give two sh1ts about them (except for when we play them). We need to concentrate and put our energies into TUFC and stop worrying about the way we have been treated. If they walk they league - so be it.

Karma will sort Buckle out in the end and you can't really blame Rovers fans for being excited about next season - I would be in their shoes (they do not know the real Buckle yet - remember!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/