Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Think of it as like you are buying a house. The estate agent thinks you are a good buyer.

You have said yes, instructed your solicitor. You have every intention of buying it, but something changes. You change your mind, something is found in a search, etc. It would have cost you solicitor fees, but you still pull out.

There is lots to still go wrong. But fingers crossed we get there.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Mid May also means any decent players will most likely already be snapped up and we'll be left with the dross, like the preseason after the Play Off loss.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

According to my boy, Collins is jacking in football. Apparently he's had enough. My lad reckons he wishes Torquay all the best and acknowledged he was not great this season. I wish him all the best in his new career whatever that may be. He will miss the Nippy Chippy in Bisop on a Tuesday night!!!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Think that’s been taken from his Instagram post. He stated he hasn’t enjoyed the past couple of seasons and is looking for a new challenge. Not sure what to read into that! Looks like Stobbs has also made a farewell post.
The gulls are going up
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 17:58 Hes copying a post from BTPIR admin Merse

"Not Brewdog or The Range
2. It's a South West based consortium
3. Takeover should be completed by mid May
4. Playing staff will be contracted full-time.

I've had a couple of individuals suggested to me as well as their lines of business and if those are accurate; I would imagine one of those gentlemen will be very frustrated indeed at the slow pace of due diligence when set again his obvious entrepreneurial and selling skills."
Makes me wonder if he thinks this is Masters, considering Merson has turned into a bit of a fanboy.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

GULL 67 wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 18:25 According to my boy, Collins is jacking in football. Apparently he's had enough. My lad reckons he wishes Torquay all the best and acknowledged he was not great this season. I wish him all the best in his new career whatever that may be. He will miss the Nippy Chippy in Bisop on a Tuesday night!!!
Good luck to him in whatever he does. If your heart isnt in it, crack on and do something else so kudos to him for being brave to change direction.
TUST #324
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Masters apparently stated that he wasnt involved.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

The preferred bidders want to include current and past directors.
Discuss!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

No thanks....we need a CLEAN slate.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Very depressing if true. Why can't these people give up.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 10:33 The preferred bidders want to include current and past directors.
Discuss!
That sounds like Mel and Ian Hayman then. Whether it not or it includes Edwards is anyone guess given the radio silence coming out of Plainmoor. But then again is the source for this rumour accurate? The local press have hardly covered themselves in glory in the past.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

CornishGull wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 12:02 That sounds like Mel and Ian Hayman then. Whether it not or it includes Edwards is anyone guess given the radio silence coming out of Plainmoor. But then again is the source for this rumour accurate? The local press have hardly covered themselves in glory in the past.
Exactly. I just about lost patience with all this.

We don't appear to have any proper journalists in the South West investigating the fortunes of Torquay United. Why don't they ask the people who have been mentioned as potential owners so we can eliminate them?

All they seem to print are rumours from social media or even news from this forum. Lazy and piss poor journalism.

I think we all suspect from the lack of news who the people involved are. Hope I'm wrong.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

hector wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 06:54 Makes me wonder if he thinks this is Masters, considering Merson has turned into a bit of a fanboy.
Wonder if Ben Gerring is involved. He must have a bit of money selling all those luxury cars, plus he was at Taunton and also donated a meal for four raffle prize last week. Just saying…..
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

First LP I ever bought Tommy Gunn
Absolutely cracking album !
Just regret I never saw them live.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »