Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

I hope to God it isn't Chris Dawson. The bare minimum we need going forward is an owner who is at the very least a football fan. Dawson isn't and then you've got to ask yourself why does he want the club, we may have not heard the last about a new stadium.
BTW other on Alan Merson's site he says Dawson was rumoured to have said that if he brought Argyle he would knock it down and build flats.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This is getting tiresome - has there been a proposed / rumoured bidder someone hasn't said ' Oh God we don't want him !'
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

desperado wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:13 This is getting tiresome - has there been a proposed / rumoured bidder someone hasn't said ' Oh God we don't want him !'
Agree 100%.

Whoever it is, be it Brewdog, be it The Range, be it Poundland, we're all going to have something to moan about once they are announced...and that is the crux of it... WHEN they are announced. All this speculation and rumours is doing my head in.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

United62 wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:16 Agree 100%.

Whoever it is, be it Brewdog, be it The Range, be it Poundland, we're all going to have something to moan about once they are announced...and that is the crux of it... WHEN they are announced. All this speculation and rumours is doing my head in.
You have to question the motives of those that consider any potential bidder to be a negative in some shape or form, those that support a particular bidder, those that support only a TUST based model, how many, we do not want them comments are on this particular link, its just mischief making, remember, we have until the national league AGM in June to resolve this or else it is a phoenix club of some description, while we may be blessed with many very rich people in south devon how many are daft enough to throw millions at the club to get us in a position where most of us think we should be,and of those small select group, who will pass the most rigorous sniff test of propriety.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Forest gull wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 21:16 Read on one Facebook group that someone who works for him said it’s not him anyway.
oh so we do not have to worry....it is on Facebook with all the other sad bastards.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

culmstockgull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:35 You have to question the motives of those that consider any potential bidder to be a negative in some shape or form, those that support a particular bidder, those that support only a TUST based model, how many, we do not want them comments are on this particular link, its just mischief making, remember, we have until the national league AGM in June to resolve this or else it is a phoenix club of some description, while we may be blessed with many very rich people in south devon how many are daft enough to throw millions at the club to get us in a position where most of us think we should be,and of those small select group, who will pass the most rigorous sniff test of propriety.
Don't we require a bond and a plan in place before the AGM? Like whether we will be full time /part time. Have a manager lined up a plan to recruit players.
They probably wont take any chances and just relegate us if it's just a vague idea. Whats that about 7 weeks to get that sorted?
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

The League AGM is Wednesday 19th June 2024 (Subject to FA Approval).

That is 65 days and counting. We need to be out of administration by then.

Our club faces a huge 6 days of football, followed by hoping someone will save us and their solicitors get the paperwork's through.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

CornishGull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:05 I hope to God it isn't Chris Dawson. The bare minimum we need going forward is an owner who is at the very least a football fan. Dawson isn't and then you've got to ask yourself why does he want the club, we may have not heard the last about a new stadium.
BTW other on Alan Merson's site he says Dawson was rumoured to have said that if he brought Argyle he would knock it down and build flats.
Brilliant post, and wholeheartedly agree with you 👍...
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by IJN »

desperado wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 20:33 Why would Chris Dawson be at the match yesterday sitting with our directors etc if he wasn't interested ?
I doubt that Chris Dawson would EVER go to a football game.

I think someone is having a laugh at your expense people. :oops:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The fact that he made the block of flats comment about Argyle means absolutely nothing. Watch the documentary with him and Peter Jones - probably get a taste of his personality and sense of humour.

Really pointless moaning about him and anybody else really. He may or may not be involved who knows. I'm not sure he even has to like football to be involved anyway.

Lets get the points tomorrow and see what plays out.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Think it’s absolutely mental that we don’t even know who the preferred bidder is and yet we have people already slagging off the rumours or suggesting we don’t want this or that. CO is gone and if he didn’t get his way with the ground the next man won’t either.

I’m just glad we had a preferred bidder and if that falls through then I’m sure the TUST & consortium will still take over.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

A “predictable” reaction from some on here! No doubt it was the same for quite a few Wrexham fans when they heard the news that “Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney “ were interested in buying their football club. Why would they be interested in football? Well, look where THEY are now !!!

At, what is clearly our lowest ebb, the “motives” of someone buying our club are surely the least of our worries now? If we were lucky enough to find a mega rich investor then that SHOULD be beyond our wildest dreams! Not sure, that in our current state there are ANY positive outcomes - but our best chance surely has to be a wealthy investor? Ultimately, for the sort of names being mentioned, realistic or not, the amount of “money” that could be made off the back of some sort of “property” deal would be literally peanuts in the world that they operate?

So, please don’t start “slagging off” people that haven’t even declared an interest in investing in our football club! The idea that an interested party might be put off by an adverse reaction on social media could potentially lead to killing the club completely! We are in such a vulnerable position that I seriously believe that this IS our last chance …. we will live or die, as a football club, with what happens over the next few weeks I imagine? Hopefully we have a positive outcome 🤞
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

CornishGull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:05 I hope to God it isn't Chris Dawson. The bare minimum we need going forward is an owner who is at the very least a football fan. Dawson isn't and then you've got to ask yourself why does he want the club, we may have not heard the last about a new stadium.
Most ridiculous post I have read on any TUFC forum in years!

So, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, were “football fans” were they. I guess Wrexham fans must be absolutely gutted - given where they are now. A total disaster obviously!

A new stadium - horror of horrors - much as I love Plainmoor I am realistic enough to know that actually Osborne was right (even if it was the only thing he got right) that for TUFC to have any chance of getting back to the EFL we do need a better ground and better facilities with the opportunity to create all week round income.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

This is where the internet and social media are laughable. Slagging off people who are only rumoured online to be interested, you can’t make it up sometimes.

Rumours are exactly that, a guy who looked a bit like someone was at a football match, a guy who has a girlfriend originally from Torquay. Well it must all be true then, they must be buying us. Then the dismantling begins, the experts come out with all their opinions on how bad they’ll be for us.

I can’t imagine both would be still interested if it’s true, we only have one preferred bidder. Wouldn’t the other be off now on their next acquisition? It may be that neither had any interest at all and it’s someone else entirely. liking a social media post seems to be the depth of the evidence.

The people finding fault with them, these people will have employees that would look at all aspects of a club, including forums like this. If they are about to spend millions, of course they will look at fans thoughts and attitudes. If we don’t have a buyer soon, we are finished as a professional full time club. TUST have said they need £150k extra from us in the next few weeks if they take over, can anyone really see that happening? The club have gone very quiet on the money raised, it was last around £23k, that will have been spent I assume, minus £750 of course.

I hope one of these two rumours are true, it means we have serious investment coming are way and our short term future is assured. Give them a chance.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Exactly. I find the names being banded about hard to believe, but we can dream. The notion that someone wouldnt want a mega rich investor is beyond belief really.