Taunton Town.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Yellow6 wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 20:47 I take it our tickets from the long-ago original away game are still valid??? I have tried calling Taunton but no reply. Anyone?
Yes, the original Taunton tickets are still valid for the new fixture, as confirmed by Taunton via email
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Confused, booked the night off work but where the f***k am I going to watch it? and have I already paid? Football has gone mad.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I heard Plymouth parkway are playing Swindon at Hungerford. :lol:
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Sold out now. :( Tinpot club.
LikeaPatOutaHele
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by LikeaPatOutaHele »

You'll have to explain this one to me. How does selling out all your tickets make a club tinpot?
Clubs like Liverpool and Man United, who sell out week after week, must feel really embarrassed being tinpot so frequently.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Taunton had only won 3 away all season. One of them Torquay :( Then beat Farnborough yesterday who have a really good home record and going for the playoffs. Typical

We need Jarvis on the bench whatever his niggles. He needs to come on and do something for our club if required. Gawd knows what Phil Lloyd would have made of our namby pamby players. He played every game with dodgy knees.
Last edited by TommyGunn on 14 Apr 2024, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

LikeaPatOutaHele wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 00:43 You'll have to explain this one to me. How does selling out all your tickets make a club tinpot?
Clubs like Liverpool and Man United, who sell out week after week, must feel really embarrassed being tinpot so frequently.
Well said, I hate all this "tinpot" calling, and some of our fans need a reality check, we are right now looking down the barrel of 7th tier football, this IS our level right now, certain fans need to lose their egos or whatever you want to call it, stop acting big-time and get real, we aren't a big club as of right now, hopefully one day we will return to the EFL, but it pisses me off, some of the teams in the NLS aren't big clubs,on and off the park, but the level of disrespect aimed at them isn't on.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Taunton Town are not renewing the manager Rob Dray's contract.
A bit harsh in the circumstances, I think. I thought he did well in very difficult times.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Vick wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 16:07 Taunton Town are not renewing the manager Rob Dray's contract.
A bit harsh in the circumstances, I think. I thought he did well in very difficult times.
could be that they can't afford him. They struggled to pay players back in february, after all.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.