Arkell Makes A Guest Appearance!

TUFC news in one place so you don’t miss a thing.
TorquayFans.com

Arkell Makes A Guest Appearance!

Post by TorquayFans.com »

Youngsters attending one of Torquay United Community Sports Trust’s Easter Camps had a special guest on Thursday, as Arkell Jude-Boyd made a guest appearance for the group. Following on from Calum Thomas spending time at one of TUCST’s Easter Camps the previous week, there was delight for youngsters attending their session at Spires College on Thursday afternoon, as on-loan defender Arkell Jude-Boyd was the group’s special guest. The afternoon session saw Arkell give youngsters coaching advice as they took part in a mini tournament before the defender participated in a question and answer session. Arkell was then on hand to present the afternoon’s awards before signing autographs for the youngsters. Arkell reflected on his afternoon with the group, which proved to be an enjoyable one for all: “I had a great time visiting one of Torquay United Community Sports Trust’s Easter Camps. I took part in a question and answer session and the kids surprisingly knew me – so that was fun,” began Arkell. “Amongst the group there were a lot of personalities and they asked me questions such as what position I played, as well as who my favourite defender was – that was a surprising one I couldn’t answer, as everyone is good.” Attending the session also brought back fond memories for Arkell, who often went to camps similar to what TUCST offer, with the 21-year-old discussing how great the sessions are for the next generation of football stars. “Every summer I attended camps like these. My Mum worked hard so I grew up with sessions like these, and so coming here was actually a breath of fresh air.” “I made a lot of friends through going to courses like these; sometimes I’ll be walking in my old area where I used to live, and I’ll see someone who I used to go to youth club with, so I think it’s more about building bonds and creating memories – something like this is great for the community,” explained Arkell. With children of all ages in attendance, and in a variety of footballing colours, there were certainly many aspiring footballers within the group. When asked what advice he would give to any child looking for a future career in football, here is what Arkell had to say: “Work hard, be disciplined and enjoy it, play with a smile on your face, because football should be fun!”The post Arkell Makes A Guest Appearance! first appeared on Torquay United.

Source: https://torquayunited.com/arkell-makes- ... ppearance/