Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 18:20 https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2017/1 ... ccer-club/

Interesting link based on this rumour ...
Hmmmm, maybe there is something in this rumour. I see that James Watt has been dating local girl and national celebrity Georgia Toffolo since last year. Maybe he wants to buy her a nice present
PainInTheGULLiver85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PainInTheGULLiver85 »

Would love this to be true, but would of thought the word would have got out significantly by now.

I know some have issues with the trust consortium but seriously if the alternative right now rumoured to be true, this ain’t gonna be good for anyone. Edwards volunteering would suggest he maintains an interest for a reason….
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

GULL 67 wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 18:45 Call me an old cynic, and admit i don't know much about it all, but won't a Edwards Hayman take over have a shadowy figure in the background. Maybe a person still looking for a building plot???
Yes, absolutely. The man has many tools at his disposal. Be wary, very wary!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

I may be way off the mark but could it be that Edwards gets hold of the club then continues to take it lower and lower (with Osborne lurking in the background)so that it can be brought up again in another year that it's no longer sustainable and bring up the building situation again with the council.Devious as Osborne can be.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If Hayman and Edwards are the preferred bidder than it's RIP Torquay United.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Admiral wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 17:06 Most likely bollocks, but I’m told one bidder is James Watt, Brewdog. Previously pulled his bid before administration due to an outstanding 500k Covid loan that has now been written off.
Never say never: someone has the funds to be the preferred bidder so quickly after administration. Brewdog is the ”post-punk, apocalyptic, motherfu.... of a craft brew" so why not a craft football club. Brewdog do have their fingers in football sponsorship already with a Farnham Town FC Clubhouse sponsorship deal and also partner with Forest Green Rovers plus other associated football activities. As Brewdog CEO James Watt says "as non-league moves further into the mainstream...It’s our passion at Brewdog to support the underdog and allow them to push forward and challenge". As someone on here has already commented he is on the look out to buy into a football club and a link to your assertion could be his Torquay born girlfriend, former Torquay Girls Grammar School pupil, Georgia Valerie Toffolo. We can only but hope!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There was previous information that a bidder had pulled out because of the covid loan - so that part appears to be correct, but that could apply to anyone.

Local newspaper now seem to be cooling on the Hayman/Edwards bid. It does appear that the new owner could well be the unnamed bidder (whover that is)
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Watt is publicly anti-corruption when it comes to football and the World Cup, with Brewdog running some advertising campaigns with that message. With an affection for lower league football you never know!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You never know I suppose - would certainly be a good advertising outlet for his company
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

If nothing else, we might get a decent beer in the Gulls nest. :)
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I think we are moving into the realms of fantasy. You just know it will be the worst of all outcomes for us
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes I agree
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

The silence about the outcome of all of this is deafening.

Just bloody tell us!

Checking back on here and all over the bloody internet every 5 minutes is bloody stressful. It's bad enough being a Torquay fan right now without all this 'who is it?' malarky.

Football is supposed to be enjoyable (for the most part), checking the fixtures, planning away games, looking forward to Saturdays/Tuesdays (or every day of the week if you hail from across the water in Kernow)... but, right now, my blood pressure is through the roof.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

United62 wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 14:44 The silence about the outcome of all of this is deafening.

Just bloody tell us!

Checking back on here and all over the bloody internet every 5 minutes is bloody stressful. It's bad enough being a Torquay fan right now without all this 'who is it?' malarky.

Football is supposed to be enjoyable (for the most part), checking the fixtures, planning away games, looking forward to Saturdays/Tuesdays (or every day of the week if you hail from across the water in Kernow)... but, right now, my blood pressure is through the roof.
:lol: Same here :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 14:44 The silence about the outcome of all of this is deafening.

Just bloody tell us!

James says relax....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468