Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 12:36 **** ** primary schoolteacher :-P

you ain't coming back on BTPIR Bore off!
Oh I’m devastated!
Osgoodisgood
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Osgoodisgood »

As a new member to this forum is saddens me that certain contributors use this site as a personal points scoring agenda. Shouldnt we at this historical time in the clubs history just wait for the outcome and support Torquay United in a positive way for a better future
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

This thread is quite like but it is interesting to read people’s views at the time of the GI takeover, the role Peter Masters played in ushering in GI and stopping TUST.

Despite some now suddenly becoming fawning fanboys for Peter Masters, he played his part in giving the club the ownership that has virtually destroyed this football club

https://torquayfansforum.co.uk/thread/1 ... wners-tufc
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Tick Tick Tick, 17.00 has past. We await news. . . .
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Nick Potkins wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 17:00 Tick Tick Tick, 17.00 has past. We await news. . . .
I'm wondering if Monday is actually D-Day. The extension of NOI was for ten working days and that period incorporated Good Friday and Easter Monday.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I'm thinking that none of the bids were acceptable to the owner. The administrators will take over tomorrow and look to try to save the club??????
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Confirmation that the administrators have been appointed is what I am hoping for, as at least then somebody acting reasonably will select the preferred bidder. However, I remain very uneasy about that not having happened yet and fear a final sting in the tail from CO and chums. If any of the existing lot or those associated with them are announced it will be disastrous. We need this to be a landmark root and branch refresh, not more of the same.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 22:00 Confirmation that the administrators have been appointed is what I am hoping for, as at least then somebody acting reasonably will select the preferred bidder. However, I remain very uneasy about that not having happened yet and fear a final sting in the tail from CO and chums. If any of the existing lot or those associated with them are announced it will be disastrous. We need this to be a landmark root and branch refresh, not more of the same.
Be careful what you wish for, once the administrators are offically appointed then they have total control of the club ,not a penny can be spent without their approval, even down to small things such as buying fuel for the lawnmower, they can terminate contracts of people who may be considered too expensive and those people cannot sue the club but would have to join a long list fo creditors. oh, and they do not work for peanuts, the final bill will be in the many thousands and that will not be on osborne but on whoever acquires the club. I hope that a bid is approved and it has not yet be announced, I have worked for a large company that called in administrators, it took several months for them to finally leave and believe me it wasnt a positive experience
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

culmstockgull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 09:39 Be careful what you wish for, once the administrators are offically appointed then they have total control of the club ,not a penny can be spent without their approval, even down to small things such as buying fuel for the lawnmower, they can terminate contracts of people who may be considered too expensive and those people cannot sue the club but would have to join a long list fo creditors. oh, and they do not work for peanuts, the final bill will be in the many thousands and that will not be on osborne but on whoever acquires the club. I hope that a bid is approved and it has not yet be announced, I have worked for a large company that called in administrators, it took several months for them to finally leave and believe me it wasnt a positive experience
That makes perfect sense what you are saying, although I share knightmaregull’s uneasiness around Osborne getting to decide who the buyers are and wouldn’t be surprised if there was a spiteful final slap from him to sell to either Edwards/Hayman/Masters which is more likely as he would consider these allies and loyal whereas his disdain for TUST and supporters in general has been obvious.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And if Edwards/Hayman are installed as owners does anyone seriously think anything changes? They're still Osborne lackeys and the club is still under threat. We'd be better with a Phoenix club than those two idiots.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 10:07 And if Edwards/Hayman are installed as owners does anyone seriously think anything changes? They're still Osborne lackeys and the club is still under threat. We'd be better with a Phoenix club than those two idiots.
I agree with your sentiments in so much as the edwards/hayman bid if they have made one joimtly seems the least attractive from a supporters perspective for all the obvious reasons,Osborne is purely a money man and I think the future of the club will be the last thing on his mind but totally about who makes the highest bid. As for a phoenix club I beg to differ, we have hugely underestimated the quality and organisation of teams in the national south this season and I have no reason to think with our out of date but consistent belief that we are a league club in waiting mentality we would not make the same mistake in what ever lower league we may find ourselves under the phoenix scenario, I assume we would apply for the southern league premier but acceptance is by no means a given as any one team ready for promotion could argue they have played by the rules all season and earned their promotion ,why should torquay take their place, so it may be that we could apply for a position in the western league but the same objections still apply, under the worst case scenario of a phoenix team we could fine ourselves without a league next season.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I understand the feelings towards Edwards but can someone explain why Mel Hayman is 'disliked' so much to put it mildly?
Apparently she is a poor accountant, I imagine it was Osborne / Edwards who negotiated Johnson, Downes and P. Johnsons etc contracts
I don't know anything about her , I know her father is a lifelong Torquay fan, remember him selling programmes at the ground in the sixties
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If bids have been received why will it take up to a fortnight to decide which one to accept?

Presumably the administrators will now make the decision.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

The next stage has arrived in the appointment of administrators, begbie traynor have a really good reputation. I note that the club have stated that firm bids(plural) have been received although who they are remains unknown.
I have concerns with the only actual bid I know about, in that the TUST part of the bid seems to be totally dependant on raising 150K in a very short amount of time, unless the other parties in the consortium are covering that amount in the hope the TUST can realise their aim. If the former is true that this bid cannot be considered firm because it is down to issues outside of the TUST'S control, i.e what if they cannot raise the money, if its the latter then logically the consortium do not need the TUST to make a bid.