Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

I note all the comments in this thread and having been involved in the Business Recovery sector hit 35+ years there are a few things that need clarity.

The debt to CO (Riviera) is Unsecured

A new owner doesn’t have to repay the creditors in full

The Administrators will try and sell the business as a going concern and not choose to close it down.

Administration can last for 12 months and can trade during that period

I assume that the players contracts may have an insolvency clause in them and so they could become free agents

Most important thing is to support the club, support those attempting to save the club (TUST)
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

A phoenix club wouldn’t necessary have to start up in the Western League, I’ve seen examples of clubs starting in the Southern Div 1 equivalent.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:49 So TUST you have what you have wanted from the start.

So let's see now what you come with won't we.

TUST has the money in the bank to pay by end of May the 250 grand to make sure we fulfill our fixtures in 24/25 haven't you??

Otherwise why protest and want him out.

TUST killed the club all because they don't want a new ground and make the club money.

AFC Torquay sharing the rugby ground can do 1.

Buckland, Truro, and Newton Abbott Spurs and Plymouth Parkway are all laughing if you think you going to start up there.

Well done TUST for killing the club.
...."and the award for stupidest, most-deranged forum post of the decade goes to..."
TUST member 203
Kenty in Weardale
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Kenty in Weardale »

Good luck from Worthing FC, it was so nearly us a few years ago but one genuine good guy believed and we've really kicked on from there.

If you need to go the phoenix route there are others that have prospered as a result
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Going back to the Nicho days of the barest of bones set up, 1800 were needed to cover the costs.

Ultimately that now means GJ going, most the administration staff, high earning players, whatever travel arrangements to matches we have being scrapped, could we then survive on 2000 gates until the end of the season?

No more of the "I told you so" comments, either telling us Osbourne was a charlatan or our saviour for the last 5 odd years What's the point in saying any of it, more important things now.

If we play on Saturday, we need as many as possible turning up. If we get 2000, then it shows apathy for our club.

No point boycotting now, you simply keep denying us much needed income
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Mysonjackg »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:57 You are absolutely correct, the sooner people wake up to the fact the better
And to think I was quite polite to you earlier despite disagreeing with your comments.

I really don't know what planet you must be living on to honestly believe such nonsense.

But hey ho....
BrixhamGulls
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Aaron Jarvis
Watches from: The pub

Post by BrixhamGulls »

Can't even describe the anger from the news today. The whole institution after our playoffs in 2020 has been one of give up and lie down. Panic buying of players on loans, lack of shape on the pitch, Johnson looking like he'd rather be a home or at the pub in every Press Call and us the fans being caught in the middle when we all knew what the outcome was going to be with the board and coaching staff we have at hand.

Either we do a Bury, Macclesfield or Scarborough and power through as a phoenix club or pray that Hugh Jackson buys us out as a middle finger to Ryan Reynolds. There's a Torquay in Australia so maybe that's enough of a sell for him.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

6 years since I said this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ll-league/

The snake has finally been forced out!!! Thanks for nothing Osbourne! Absolute lying cretin!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Gary Johnson has departed by mutual consent on twitter
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Just heard that Johnson has walked. If true what a 🐀. He was obviously in it just for the wage. I wouldn't mind but him coming out with all that crap about being a fan. Did admire this man but now detest him. Really showed his true colours. Heard that Downes is now in charge. At least he seems to have some heart.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

“After discussions today with the Football Club, we have mutually agreed that I should leave Torquay United with immediate effect.

“I have enjoyed most of my five and a half year tenure, but given the current situation, both parties agreed to part ways. I thank the players, the football staff, the office staff, as well as the Chairman & Directors for their support over this time.

“I wish the Club all the best for the future.”

Everyone at Torquay United AFC would like to place on record its sincere thanks for all of Gary’s hard work during his time at Plainmoor.

The Club would also like to announce that Assistant Manager Aaron Downes will now take charge on an interim basis.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

If Torquay can't afford his wages now, it's the right thing to have done.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

At 68 he ain't short of a Bob or two. Could have stood up and stated as a 'fan" I will stay and try and sort something out until the end of the season. Wrong sort of fan I suppose.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Assume TUST will release a statement tonight?

Everyone should be signing up now if you haven’t already!
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Good riddance.....its been like watching an inevitable slow motion car crash.