Maidstone v Torquay United TUE 6th Feb

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Maidstone 5-2, our season has long gone!
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Maidstone 2-1 Gulls.
Incredigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Incredigull »

Maidstone 3 - 0 Torquay
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

4-0 to Maidstone.

Also someone is bound to get sent off tomorrow too.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Cruisinho wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 22:09 4-0 to Maidstone.

Also someone is bound to get sent off tomorrow too.
And/or injured!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Heaviest away defeat of the season.
5-1

More injuries and suspension incoming!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

4-1 Maidstone .
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

No wonder most people cannot stand Maidstone United fans (well, I can't anyway! and I'm sure there are a few more from the area where I live).. they think it's highly amusing that a young lad lost his life back in 1971 in Torquay.

https://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com ... ky-tuesday

Yep, it may well be 'tongue in cheek' after the incidents that 'allegedly' happened at Legoland during Yeovil's visit (with Yeovil fans 'claiming' that some scrotes were disrespecting the death of one of their former players) which lead to some ugly scenes during and after the game...

....but come on... a young lad died and it certainly isn't a topic for 'banter'. But, then again, I've never had anything but contempt for the majority of Maidstone fans so they'll just think it's funny in some kind of twisted way.

Not looking forward one bit to the game tonight. Yes, I'll be there... but more out of loyalty to OUR club than expecting any kind of entertainment from Johnson & Co.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Disgraceful that GJ is still here, tells you everything about CO

Thankfully the vast majority are now well aware this season is doomed to failure with GJ in charge

Can only see a big loss tonight and therefore good luck tp the atmosphere Saturday!
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

My friend United 62

It sounds like you are pretty angry and poised to “get” into it with the Maidstone fans. I seriously doubt that the majority of Maidstone faithful would think this tragedy is funny.

Our team is terrible, the management and leadership worse.
Maidstone are doing well and we are jealous of their success….Pretty much the only bright thing in this season has been the continued support of guys like you who show up. please dont allow your emotions get the better of you while you’re up there. It will hurt you, it will hurt the reputation of the club, and will be milked, for all is worth by the ownership to show how it’s impossible to deal with Torquay fans. Please don’t give them that option
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 12:33 Disgraceful that GJ is still here
It's been said many many times before on this forum, but in another industry, anywhere in the word, if you had under-performed as much as Johnson has, you'd have been given your P45 months (if not years) ago.

Personally, I cannot wait for this season to be over (we're not getting anywhere near a play-off spot with this lot). It's all so depressing to watch, to read about, to think about.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

What's the betting Covolan plays a blinder? Can't see anything other than a defeat, hopefully not another thrashing. 3-0 to Maidstone.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Colorado wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 12:38 My friend United 62

It sounds like you are pretty angry and poised to “get” into it with the Maidstone fans. I seriously doubt that the majority of Maidstone faithful would think this tragedy is funny.

Our team is terrible, the management and leadership worse.
Maidstone are doing well and we are jealous of their success….Pretty much the only bright thing in this season has been the continued support of guys like you who show up. please dont allow your emotions get the better of you while you’re up there. It will hurt you, it will hurt the reputation of the club, and will be milked, for all is worth by the ownership to show how it’s impossible to deal with Torquay fans. Please don’t give them that option
Colorado... you could not be further off the mark. I have no intention now, or ever, to 'get into it' with the Maidstone fans and my emotions will purely be directed at supporting my team. Violence at football matches is for the brain-dead which, I can assure you, I am not.

I'll be at Legoland tonight to support Torquay United. I'll park up, walk to the ground, watch us get beat heavily, sigh loudly at 80 mins when we're 6-0 down and then trudge off back to my car with a face like a smacked-arse. Drive home. Have a beer. Scan the forums to read how sh!te we were. Have some horlicks and then head off to bed (and hopefully, the Ayatollah will have put the electric blanket on).

The reason for my distain of the majority of Maidstone fans?.... If you look at my 'location' under my username, you'll see that I reside in 'The Garden of England'... if you're not sure where that is, it's the county of Kent.... and yes, Maidstone is in Kent, as is my 'second' adopted team Tonbridge Angels (situated roughly 18 or so miles from each other). Both fanbases dislike each other immensely hence the reason both derby games this season have been segregated (Tonbridge aren't even doing that for the visit of Yeovil Town this Saturday).

So, rest assured, I will not be bringing the name of Torquay United into disrepute tonight...I'll leave that up to the manager and his cohorts.

Footnote: In the thread on the Maidstone forum that mentions the above, a certain 'Bernie' is saying that it was 'obviously aimed at their own idiots' or something along those lines. Unfortunately, that's not the way I read it in the first instance.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Maidstone 2- Torquay 0
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Our season is over, we’re awful away so only one result, just a matter of how many- think it’ll only be 2-0 loss tonight