Hampton + Richmond v Torquay United Sat 28/10/23 3PM

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

I have supported GJ until today. Football is not a science and GJ nearly got us into the League and for that had some credibility in the bank with me anyway. That’s come to an end. A new manager, pre Christmas clear out is the only option if we’re to get close to the play offs.
REVUpminster
New Signing
New Signing

Post by REVUpminster »

What about Lily laight for manager. She's from Torquay, has a football pedigree, and is fit; cannot do any worse.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Brixham63 wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:08 I have supported GJ until today. Football is not a science and GJ nearly got us into the League and for that had some credibility in the bank with me anyway. That’s come to an end. A new manager, pre Christmas clear out is the only option if we’re to get close to the play offs.
And how would that be funded exactly?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

The commentators on the Torquay United Radio remind me of the spokesman for North Korea. "We had bad luck. We are still close to the top. They just need a good run. They deserved more than they got."

Seriously. I honestly don't think anybody they bring in could do a worse job that the present management team has done.

And before I get eviscerated, let me say I have eminent respect for Gary Johnson and his prior accomplishments. He has proven himself a more than capable manager. I deplore those that swear at him and treat him like crap. That's no way to treat anybody, let alone the manager. But as we know, there are many superb managers who just haven't worked out at some clubs. It doesn't mean they are bad managers, just that they are not in the right place at the right time. Gary is in such a situation. He needs to go.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:02 And still you have nobody to name.......
Thats down to Edwards not guys on a forum
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Everything can be judged by the actions that are or are not taken.

This club has been spiraling downwards for all to see, you can feel it because you have been there before.
Should the board (corporation) not put something very substantial into this club then the obvious is so obvious you cannot deny it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not down to supporters to "name" a manager though. Quite why you continue to support Johnson is beyond me,

His recruitment is dismal - quite clearly we havnt got a defender worth the name. Sounds like we were all over them for most of the second half but one punt up field and its 3-0.

6 goals conceded in 2 game is a joke. Its pathetic. 1 win in 6 games in this league - its absolutely pathetic.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Gullsandbeyond121 wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:13 Thats down to Edwards not guys on a forum
Irony at its very best.......
Dave

Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:16 Irony at its very best.......
Never heard of Irony is he any good at managing ?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Oh well we have Bath on Saturday and Yeovil on the following Tuesday. I can confidently forecast now that we will not register a single point from either match.....and probably no goals to boot, with around another seven or eight conceded.

No problem though, we have Gary Johnson, what more could we want?

Just off to check the Southern League grounds for next season.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Southampton Gull. Let me ask you this. Under any circumstances whatsoever would you ever consider getting rid of Gary Johnson? Just curious.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Colorado wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:23 Southampton Gull. Let me ask you this. Under any circumstances whatsoever would you ever consider getting rid of Gary Johnson? Just curious.
You won't get a straight answer
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Colorado wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:23 Southampton Gull. Let me ask you this. Under any circumstances whatsoever would you ever consider getting rid of Gary Johnson? Just curious.
Of course. I'm just not one of those who think we have a God given right to win any game, especially under our current ownership. People talk about what Yeovil are doing, crowds twice our size and an owner supplying the funds to pay for a winning side. Totally irrelevant to our situation.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

UnitedinDevon wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:28 You won't get a straight answer
Straight question - straight answer!!
Dave

Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

I totally agree that they are comparing apples to oranges.
But I ask you again, when would you say enough is enough? Where do we have to in the table for you to say Johnson needs to be fired?