Hemel Hempstead Town v Torquay United, 23rd September 2023

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

1-2
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

2-2

poor
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

3-2

rubbish
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

This defense is shocking!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Even our local radio devon commentator says our defending has been hopeless.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 16:49 Even our local radio devon commentator says our defending has been hopeless.
its been poor all season, how many times have we gone behind this season!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We have simply gifted them the game. Sons at the game, Shocking defending for second goal, and Martin has passed the ball straight to their player for the third.

Pathetic really - we should have gone top of the league tonight
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Stobbs didnt play as he has a bug. There is an issue with Da Silvas attitude - not sure how long he will be here.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

It may be 2pts per game but letting in 1.5 goals per game will keep us in this league.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

What a F***ing pathetic showing. 2-1 up with minutes to play and we lose. Absolutely rubbish, I will have a day off next Saturday, not paying to watch that dross. We were thinking of sponsoring the match had we won.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Shocking end result.

The reality is we’ve always had a poor defence at best under GJ but we look particularly frail right now, even with Halstead keeping the shots at bay where he can.

We got away with it when we won the NLS due to our sheer attacking prowess when we would generally outscore the opposite irrespective of how many we conceded.

We had Reid, Janneh, CLE, Nemane, Opi Edwards, Kalala, Vincent, Andrews then - some of whom went through ups and downs but all contributed to a goal scoring machine.

Ok, if we’d won today we could have been close to the top but it seems that now we have neither attacking prowess nor defensive capabilities which is going to make this season feel like an uphill struggle if something doesn’t change soon.

We need a decent centre back to shore up the back and some creativity from the midfield otherwise I fear the disappointments will keep coming.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'm usually one of the first to get on GJ's back after a loss, but there's no need to be knee jerk, you get results like this in a long campaign, it happens, 9/10 we win the game 2-1,results of late have been improved, it's a set back only, I'm trying to be positive, this league and season was always going to be a lot harder than when we won it, just need to re focus now and reach in the right way,
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Even though I predicted 1.1 this result does not surprise me at all, Hemel have drawn a lot of their recent games however against teams, all at the top end of the table, so they're clearly a decent side.

Nothing less than promotion should be acceptable this season, if your in a camp that will settle for the NLS as our new level I have no words for you.

It's all very well picking up Gary time winners against the no hopers of the NLS, this however was a real 'marker' game today, to get ourselves in a winning position late on to throw it away simply isn't good enough.

Been obvious for some time our back line needs shoring up, unless action is taken soon we'll continue to struggle in the 'key' games , and will be on our way to no where.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes it was a marker game no doubt about it.

To get promoted we need to win the league or finish second so that we have hone advantage in the play offs. Anything else will see us play away from home on a likely artificial surface.

Our points total is acceptable but 3 defeats every 10 games will get us nowhere near second place. We are nowhere near good enough to attain that position at the moment.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Need a couple of full backs in

We haven't had an actual RB for too long and i'd rather Moxey wasnt used as a LB, he'd be btter as a CB

Martin came on and was all over the place and has been most of the season

Get a proper RB & LB in to shore up this nonsense defence