Q&A with Gary and Downesy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Have to agree with happytorq, I don’t think anyone who recently was playing at a higher level and is still young comes to the NLS for a ‘cushy ride’, surely at their stage career wise they are desperate to kick start their football journey by having a good season in a lower league and working their way up. Although to be fair Devon Bee, re your sign off, ‘Unbelievable Jeff’ is a nickname I could live with 😀
Interesting point someone made about GJ being overly ambitious with young signings who he thought he could turn into stars - I think some feared it was because they were just cheaper options, but Hanson as captain of a Dover (and others) may not have been…so yes, it was probably a case of poor judgement on GJ’s part. Let’s hope we can actually get the balance of experience and youthful promise right this season with some good loanees thrown in!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Very cushy questions and evening for GJ and his hired help, dining out on the last 10 games when it was to little to late, the damage was done, Inferior cast offs signed up, loanee youths who were more miss than hit, 40 players used and GJ in denial = relegation was a given ...No way in the world players are staying with us for less cash, that's totally flowering up things, if Stobbs is happy playing 6th tier football then good luck to him, its no disgrace at all, but I thought he might of set his sights higher..I think next season maybe a real wake up call to everyone, we've actually found our level, we played a few NLS teams last season and you couldn't tell who was the higher placed team..
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Another quality and to the point post Mr Tea808 👏
No doubt your comments will hit a nerve with the guys on here who are in denial of how our club is managed and fallen to this embarrassing position we find ourselves.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 14 Jul 2023, 22:41 Very cushy questions and evening for GJ and his hired help, dining out on the last 10 games when it was to little to late, the damage was done, Inferior cast offs signed up, loanee youths who were more miss than hit, 40 players used and GJ in denial = relegation was a given ...No way in the world players are staying with us for less cash, that's totally flowering up things, if Stobbs is happy playing 6th tier football then good luck to him, its no disgrace at all, but I thought he might of set his sights higher..I think next season maybe a real wake up call to everyone, we've actually found our level, we played a few NLS teams last season and you couldn't tell who was the higher placed team..
Loanee youths more miss than his?

Goodwin
Wearne
Da Silva
Nico Lawrence
Collins Stobbs

There were a couple of misses but it was certainly more hits than misses
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

GullsUnited wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 08:24 Loanee youths more miss than his?

Goodwin
Wearne
Da Silva
Nico Lawrence
Collins Stobbs

There were a couple of misses but it was certainly more hits than misses
So that’s one of your views on the loanee youths GullsUnited which I respect.
Yet no other views from yourself on the other points mentioned ? Interesting 🤔
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think we all know how you feel about it by now DevonBee but ...Jesus ! How much longer are you going to go on about it. ??!!!
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DevonBee wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 10:43 So that’s one of your views on the loanee youths GullsUnited which I respect.
Yet no other views from yourself on the other points mentioned ? Interesting 🤔
There's no need to mention the other points because I do agree with them
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 14 Jul 2023, 22:41 Very cushy questions and evening for GJ and his hired help, dining out on the last 10 games when it was to little to late, the damage was done, Inferior cast offs signed up, loanee youths who were more miss than hit, 40 players used and GJ in denial = relegation was a given ...No way in the world players are staying with us for less cash, that's totally flowering up things, if Stobbs is happy playing 6th tier football then good luck to him, its no disgrace at all, but I thought he might of set his sights higher..I think next season maybe a real wake up call to everyone, we've actually found our level, we played a few NLS teams last season and you couldn't tell who was the higher placed team..
Fair enough post apart from the last bit in that had we played an NLS team (I know its no consolation) with the team in the last 10 or so games we'd have won easily.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Nice one 👍 DevonBee, you're allowed to say your piece, this is a platform to express your views as a fan, that's what we all do, if you and I, and a good few others as well aren't happy with the whole set, behind the scenes, on and off the park, the management set up and squad, we are allowed to say this and call it out, I said a few posts ago, to some fans this is as good as they know, the bar is set very low, we should be a league club, we were for many years, GJ you could argue has taken us backward and brainwashed fans into thinking this journey is "exciting" it isn't, and it never will be..I stand by the amount of players we used, and loanees who were no good, or even signings who I've forgotten about (Mensah) honestly, what a bloody awful, piss poor season we had..the trouble is, I've got a huge feeling that 23/24 is gonna get ugly in a hurry, the local games meaning other teams will see us as their cup final, it'll be trickier than people realise.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Yawn
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

:goodpost:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 13:52 Nice one 👍 DevonBee, you're allowed to say your piece, this is a platform to express your views as a fan, that's what we all do, if you and I, and a good few others as well aren't happy with the whole set, behind the scenes, on and off the park, the management set up and squad, we are allowed to say this and call it out, I said a few posts ago, to some fans this is as good as they know, the bar is set very low, we should be a league club, we were for many years, GJ you could argue has taken us backward and brainwashed fans into thinking this journey is "exciting" it isn't, and it never will be..I stand by the amount of players we used, and loanees who were no good, or even signings who I've forgotten about (Mensah) honestly, what a bloody awful, piss poor season we had..the trouble is, I've got a huge feeling that 23/24 is gonna get ugly in a hurry, the local games meaning other teams will see us as their cup final, it'll be trickier than people realise.
👏👏 fully agree it will not be as easy as some think.
Win this league and in my eyes it is just a waste of a season.
We would only be returning to the 5th tier. Whoopee Woo and the comedians here will consider Johnson the Mesia.
Freedom of speech and viewpoints are important.
It’s our club after all.
On a final point I respect your views and welcome members on this forum that can make a point without just a one word reply 🤔
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

[ :goodpost: whose may I ask as you have not made it clear
quote=Yellow6 post_id=271713 time=1689429243 user_id=24857]:goodpost:[/quote]
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

This is the thing, I post my views, people can agree or disagree, but what's with the insults and sarcasm?, I had it last season from Southampton Gull because i believed Aldershot would stay up, anyhow, if I disagree with or read something that I think is untrue, I don't get on this forum and start throwing insults about, we're all Gulls fans, but some of us are highly frustrated at everything we see, and I hate "spin" GJ does it a lot, to much for my liking..Just a shame we are in the 6th tier again.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 15:29 This is the thing, I post my views, people can agree or disagree, but what's with the insults and sarcasm?, I had it last season from Southampton Gull because i believed Aldershot would stay up, anyhow, if I disagree with or read something that I think is untrue, I don't get on this forum and start throwing insults about, we're all Gulls fans, but some of us are highly frustrated at everything we see, and I hate "spin" GJ does it a lot, to much for my liking..Just a shame we are in the 6th tier again.
Well you were correct with your Aldershot prediction, our old friend SG 🤔
Far too many here are unfamiliar with our league days to remember the likes of Mahoney, Sandercock and Boulton ect.
You are correct we’re all Gulls fans and we all have an opinion.