Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Hopefully the recruitment for next season will see us play people in their natural positions. This year we have used both a midfielder and a striker as wingbacks. Although both have done well it would have been great to see Collins as a striker pairing up with Jarvis. Would also keep Halstead, Asa, Dawson and Lapslie if possible. And when will Koszela and Moyse get their chance? If not next season I don't see it happening.

But time will tell.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

rickl wrote: 01 May 2023, 09:55 And when will Koszela and Moyse get their chance? If not next season I don't see it happening
Moyes has gone - he's now a free agent.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 May 2023, 09:00 Does anyone know if Mark Halstead is leaving?, That's a big loss if he does go, but you couldnt blame him, Moxey, Asa, and Dawson staying would be great, even Dan Martin and Rhys Lovett, but beyond that, I can't see Aaron Jarvis and Tom Lapslie hanging around, I think they'll be off, also Frank Nouble...all the loanees will return, so without sounding like capt obvious, what in the blue hell are we left with?, Other than the players stated, if they aren't named-they should go, asap please, talking Marshall,Mensah,Crowe, Donnellan, McGavin, Hanson, Wyatt,Fadahunsi (if he's still on the books), Ali Omar, I've probably forgotten more, but this mob need to go, if they hang around we'll be a bang average NLS side next season, mid table at best
Time will tell if Halstead stays or goes, I am sure he can find a NL club nearer his preferred home up North. He has come back incredibly well from the friendly v Plymouth at home when he had an absolute nightmare.
Team needs Dawson , not sure Moxey or Hall as I think it would be a job for the boys in GJ’s eyes… but with no money I guess it is the only option.
Lapslie is a must , but I was told he has already agreed to sign elsewhere unsure how true but would not blame him.
As for the rest you have mentioned, yes fully agree as they have all been a complete embarrassment to our club.
Will be interesting to see. As Hanson and McGavin are on longer contracts than others they will be difficult to move on.
Free ads….. anybody want 2 guys who have 2x relegations from the NL to achieve the hat-trick ?
Not sure there will be any takers somehow
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

That Plymouth game 2 years ago, Halstead was suffering with Covid which may explain his crap performance. He then got concussion against ( can't remember ), and we had to re sign MacDonald. Due to Shauns decent season, Halstead never got another chance to shine. Mac moved on to Cheltenhams reserves, and we're left with a keeper by default, but boy has he shone this season. I know he is happy and settled here, but there is a pay cut coming after relegation, so it would depend whether he can actually afford to stay, whether he wants to or not. Good luck to the fella whatever he does next, and I hope it is with us, but we will all see in a couple of weeks after offers have been made and before they all go on holiday.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonBee wrote: 01 May 2023, 10:20 Time will tell if Halstead stays or goes, I am sure he can find a NL club nearer his preferred home up North. He has come back incredibly well from the friendly v Plymouth at home when he had an absolute nightmare.
Team needs Dawson , not sure Moxey or Hall as I think it would be a job for the boys in GJ’s eyes… but with no money I guess it is the only option.
Lapslie is a must , but I was told he has already agreed to sign elsewhere unsure how true but would not blame him.
As for the rest you have mentioned, yes fully agree as they have all been a complete embarrassment to our club.
Will be interesting to see. As Hanson and McGavin are on longer contracts than others they will be difficult to move on.
Free ads….. anybody want 2 guys who have 2x relegations from the NL to achieve the hat-trick ?
Not sure there will be any takers somehow
Aldershot apparently.
Not set the bar very high there, but at least he'll be in the NL......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

That Plymouth game and Mark having a complete 'mare feels like ages ago now, he never really recovered or got his place back after getting injured, but I always had a hunch he'd come good, and this season he has been superb, like all keepers-even the greats, they can all have the odd blip, but in the main, he's been a solid 8.5/10 most weeks, and I genuinely believe that, I thought he'd get a club up north, but if it's Aldershot, good luck to him.I also think our current number 2 isn't that bad, and should be given the shirt pre season....it will be Interesting to see who stays and go's, I think a lot will remain, with a view that they're open to leave if they want to....I don't want to sound hsrsh or blunt, but surely most fans can see it needs a complete freshen up...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 May 2023, 11:24 That Plymouth game and Mark having a complete 'mare feels like ages ago now, he never really recovered or got his place back after getting injured, but I always had a hunch he'd come good, and this season he has been superb, like all keepers-even the greats, they can all have the odd blip, but in the main, he's been a solid 8.5/10 most weeks, and I genuinely believe that, I thought he'd get a club up north, but if it's Aldershot, good luck to him.I also think our current number 2 isn't that bad, and should be given the shirt pre season....it will be Interesting to see who stays and go's, I think a lot will remain, with a view that they're open to leave if they want to....I don't want to sound hsrsh or blunt, but surely most fans can see it needs a complete freshen up...
If you read the post, I'm on about Tiger Tom........... :nod:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 May 2023, 11:24 That Plymouth game and Mark having a complete 'mare feels like ages ago now, he never really recovered or got his place back after getting injured, but I always had a hunch he'd come good, and this season he has been superb, like all keepers-even the greats, they can all have the odd blip, but in the main, he's been a solid 8.5/10 most weeks, and I genuinely believe that, I thought he'd get a club up north, but if it's Aldershot, good luck to him.I also think our current number 2 isn't that bad, and should be given the shirt pre season....it will be Interesting to see who stays and go's, I think a lot will remain, with a view that they're open to leave if they want to....I don't want to sound hsrsh or blunt, but surely most fans can see it needs a complete freshen up...
Thought it was Lapslie to Aldershot not Halstead.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

The Halstead/Plymouth game was at the beginning of this season but like people say Halstead did well to pull himself round. Actually I wonder if Lovett is for the boot because although he had time covering for Halstead when he had concussion he didn't feature in the FA Trophy run, the previous season when MacDonald was first choice Halstead played in the Trophy.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

I was told another NL club and it was not Aldershot.
We will have to wait and see, but he would be a massive loss as he has run his bollox of for us
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonBee wrote: 01 May 2023, 11:38 I was told another NL club and it was not Aldershot.
We will have to wait and see, but he would be a massive loss as he has run his bollox of for us
Aldershot have made him an offer....

TUST Member 468

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 01 May 2023, 11:41 Aldershot have made him an offer....
Good luck to Laps if this is proven correct…
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Not fussed if Lapslie goes, probably on a decent wack, runs around a lot but is often way out of position and back chats himself into too many bookings. His injury record is not great either.

Do everything to keep Dawson over him
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

For the money he's on he wouldnt be worth keeping due to his constant injuries
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

brucie wrote: 01 May 2023, 12:42 For the money he's on he wouldnt be worth keeping due to his constant injuries
Guess the same for Hall and Moxey then in your eyes Bruce