Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

3 wins and a draw from final games (very big ask) gives us 50 points. Will that be enough? I'm not sure!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Willowgull wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 20:04 3 wins and a draw from final games (very big ask) gives us 50 points. Will that be enough? I'm not sure!
No. Very probably need four wins at least.

Aldershot can be expected to win at least two and probably pick up something in at least one of their three away games.

Dorking probably a couple of wins.

As I said a while ago, don’t discount Maidenhead. If we beat them, which we must, they only have three games left and not that easy.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

OzzoRed wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 22:12 York fan here
We aren’t counting our chickens yet but we are 9 points ahead of you with a superior goal difference so it’s unlikely you’ll catch us.
Anyway there’s a large number of us travelling down Friday next week for the game.
What’s the pub situation for us in the centre of Torquay Friday Saturday?
Is it away fan friendly.
The reason I ask is when Wrexham came to us a lot of our city centre pubs wouldn’t let them in on the Friday.
Out of order in my opinion.
I gave them a number of pubs that would welcome them though.
All we want as fans is to enjoy ourselves have a drink & enjoy a weekend and a game of football
Still confident? 🤔
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

It really does show what a mess we were in that even after 4 wins we are still favourites to go down. Scunthorpe have now joined Maidstone and it’s looks like it’s over for Yeovil as well. Gateshead have continued their good form and it looks like they are safe now. That leaves one of us, Aldershot, York, Dorking and Maidenhead.

Looking at the remaining games I don’t 2 more wins will be enough. That would take take us to 49 points. Aldershot face an already relegated Scunthorpe next game so we have to beat York which would drag them back into it. Potentially Dorking are catchable given their GD but their fixtures don’t look that hard. Aldershot and York still have to play each other in the penultimate game which could be huge.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

And 9 points becomes 4....
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Its still incredibly tough - looking at the remaining fixtures for clubs around and it does look like 9 points will still likely be needed
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Aldershot showed they still have some in them by coming back from 1-3 down. Comparing our remaining fixtures to Aldershot's show that we both have to play York and Altrincham. But where we also have to play Chesterfield and Wrexham, Aldershot only have to play Scunthorpe and Wealdstone.
Whilst the up turn in our fortunes has been remarkable I still think we are favourites to go down.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

We’re definitely still favourites to go down but at least we’ve given ourselves a chance. We are capable of beating York and Altrincham and York next week is must win, however can we get points from the other 2 games? Hopefully Wrexham will have the league done by our game and come to us with nothing to play for and are looking forward to a weekend piss up in Torquay.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I still think we need 3 more wins.
As well as our results, York v Aldershot will be key, plus whether Notts Co or Wrexham have won the league before the last games.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I think if we beat York and go 5 straight wins, Come out of that game with no serious injuries or suspensions. I believe we would feel invincible.
And go on to stay up!
I know I have changed my mind I had us dead and buried after Dorking defeat. As I said on the match thread, there is not a Torquay fan who thought we would win 4 in a row.
The belief in the team must be unbelievable. We go on these runs where we just keep winning and winning hope it last until the end of the season.
I agree with standupsitdown 3 wins would keep us up. 2 wins and a draw might be enough.
In Gary we trust LOL.....
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

standupsitdown wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:14 I still think we need 3 more wins.
As well as our results, York v Aldershot will be key, plus whether Notts Co or Wrexham have won the league before the last games.
Wrexham could - arguably should - wrap it up on the 22nd. Even if Notts win their two games to that point, Wrexham winning their 3 (Barnet, Yeovil, Boreham) would secure it before they come to Plainmoor. They can actually afford to draw one of those 3, too. If they do that they'd be 4 points clear coming into the last day.

York and Aldershot will *probably* matter, because it's probably not likely we'll win all 4 games. Beating is York is key.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Engine at the ready - roll on Saturday :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Gateshead just smashed Eastleigh away 5-2! I guess they are pretty much safe now? How have they turned things around so drastically?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Cheddargull wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:06 Aldershot showed they still have some in them by coming back from 1-3 down. Comparing our remaining fixtures to Aldershot's show that we both have to play York and Altrincham. But where we also have to play Chesterfield and Wrexham, Aldershot only have to play Scunthorpe and Wealdstone.
Whilst the up turn in our fortunes has been remarkable I still think we are favourites to go down.
For me, its Maidenhead who are in a perilous position - Oldham (a) Barnet (h) Gateshead (a) - tough teams for them to pick up points
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think it just indicates what a poor league this is. Eastleigh were terrible when we played them and have reinforced that by failingt to beat Aldershot and getting hammered by Gateshead. How on earth are they a top 7 side?