Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Louis wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 10:02 Wouldn’t call a split vote a hero. Stop looking for conspiracies. Bloody hell I have a demanding job and family life, rigging a crappy poll is not a thrill in my life.
We all want the same thing for our club ….to be in a better position than it currently is.
Let’s all hope for another signing who plays tomorrow.
In the meantime Louis we’ll done for doing the poll
The work you do here is appreciated
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Here here
Hopefully new faces will lift the squad ,and the fans . Fingers crossed!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 09:23 Best bit of social engineering I have seen for some time, how a manager can go from loser to hero in one week according to a poll when he hasnt won a game since 1876 just shows that anything of value can be skewed , especially by those running a suppposed web site for fans. This will come back to haunt you.

I thought you were better than that. Cheap shot with zero evidence because nothing was skewed or engineered.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Gary has no respect for the fans, and milks in when we win once in a blue moon. He’s not going anywhere so hopefully the team can turn it around. Onwards up the Gulls

(back tomorrow evening)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

culmstockgull wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 09:23 Best bit of social engineering I have seen for some time, how a manager can go from loser to hero in one week according to a poll when he hasnt won a game since 1876 just shows that anything of value can be skewed , especially by those running a suppposed web site for fans. This will come back to haunt you.
Your comment may just be a cheeky dig but nonetheless it's still a cheap shot and not an accurate reflection of the moderators of this site who allow both negative and positive comments to ride.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Can't let this one go. I suppose I am one of those who don't go imposing their views on others ie 'the silent majority'. So when we get the chance to put our view forward in the least biased way possible and this is the response I get very angry. The mods have had nothing to do with the emerging result - its just that a substantial number of fans don't agree with you and your warped reasoning. Red card for you! :red: :red: :red:
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If your in the Gary out camp, why are you getting hung up over the poll on this thread, if your in the, Gary in camp, why are you trying to present the poll on this thread, as evidence that the fan base are still behind the manager.

For a start this site no longer has 61 active users, so it suggest many are logging in just to vote, and, or some of those votes are false, but what we don't know is, who are the people voting, are they non TUFC fans who have accounts, are they TUFC fans who don't go to any games ? or are they votes coming from spam bots if that's possible.

But what I can present as absolute fact is, the poll on this thread is utterly meaningless and has no basis what so ever.

What will have real basis is, the reaction of our fans at the ground if, and we all hope not, there's a negative result in this game, that will be the most telling vote of them all.

I've been to every home match bar Woking, it's come as no surprise to me, that the number of growing and loud dissenting voices regards GJ's continued employment as manager, are coming from season ticket holders.

Personally posted about my concerns back in late September early October and got ignored, so now frustrated by the number fans who are only just waking up to the position we're now, when it's too late, of course Gary Johnson should have gone back in November, the writing was on the wall then, we should have all seen it, there would have been time for a new person to come in and change things around, now there isn't enough time left.

I fully accept that Gary Johnson does not have the backing he had, when GJ first arrived at the club, but this notion that the budget is fully to blame for our league position lays somewhere between smoke and mirrors and a total crock of shite, whilst I don't know, no one does despite what some post, I fully believe GJ would have had midtable resources going into this season, and personally would have backed GJ to the hilt if we'd been safely up around 9th/10th place, but we're not.

Gary Johnson has done an abysmal job, runs down the tunnel when we don't win, still happy to take the fist pumps when we win though isn't he, already believed him to be a stubborn arse, but as this season has gone on, he's become more aloof, and arrogant, not a problem if your winning,

Only at Torquay United can someone get away with it, literally no where else, so I'm now left hoping that GJ has enough muster to get us out of the mess he's once again got us into, and should he manage that, then, and then only will he get a round of applause from me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

forevertufc wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 11:08 If your in the Gary out camp, why are you getting hung up over the poll on this thread, if your in the, Gary in camp, why are you trying to present the poll on this thread, as evidence that the fan base are still behind the manager.

For a start this site no longer has 61 active users, so it suggest many are logging in just to vote, and, or some of those votes are false, but what we don't know is, who are the people voting, are they non TUFC fans who have accounts, are they TUFC fans who don't go to any games ? or are they votes coming from spam bots if that's possible.

But what I can present as absolute fact is, the poll on this thread is utterly meaningless and has no basis what so ever.

What will have real basis is, the reaction of our fans at the ground if, and we all hope not, there's a negative result in this game, that will be the most telling vote of them all.

I've been to every home match bar Woking, it's come as no surprise to me, that the number of growing and loud dissenting voices regards GJ's continued employment as manager, are coming from season ticket holders.

Personally posted about my concerns back in late September early October and got ignored, so now frustrated by the number fans who are only just waking up to the position we're now, when it's too late, of course Gary Johnson should have gone back in November, the writing was on the wall then, we should have all seen it, there would have been time for a new person to come in and change things around, now there isn't enough time left.

I fully accept that Gary Johnson does not have the backing he had, when GJ first arrived at the club, but this notion that the budget is fully to blame for our league position lays somewhere between smoke and mirrors and a total crock of shite, whilst I don't know, no one does despite what some post, I fully believe GJ would have had midtable resources going into this season, and personally would have backed GJ to the hilt if we'd been safely up around 9th/10th place, but we're not.

Gary Johnson has done an abysmal job, runs down the tunnel when we don't win, still happy to take the fist pumps when we win though isn't he, already believed him to be a stubborn arse, but as this season has gone on, he's become more aloof, and arrogant, not a problem if your winning,

Only at Torquay United can someone get away with it, literally no where else, so I'm now left hoping that GJ has enough muster to get us out of the mess he's once again got us into, and should he manage that, then, and then only will he get a round of applause from me.
Well said and very articulately worded.
At no other club would he still be here
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Spot on forevertufc.

I can't believe any other fan base at a club in our position would conduct a poll where the majority still wanted to keep the manager. It just goes to show how low the expectations are at our club.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Agree 100% forevertufc.
I would never condone personal abuse, but the fans have every right to express their views in other ways, it appears Johnson's fragile ego can't take it. At any other club he would be getting absolute pelters from the fans.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

It used to p-i-s-s me off no end when Paul Buckle used to get abuse from Bristow's and he was doing a good job. Johnson has got off very lightly by comparison, a reflection of our low expectations as Guildford points out above.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Talking b*llocks again.
Just accept the vote for what it is.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 18:08 Talking b*llocks again.
Just accept the vote for what it is.
Yes let’s do just that. 52% want him to stay - fair enough. 52% voted for Brexit and that went well didn’t it
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

DB57 wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 19:51 Yes let’s do just that. 52% want him to stay - fair enough. 52% voted for Brexit and that went well didn’t it
If you reference politics, you are a nob
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Admiral wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 20:46 If you reference politics, you are a nob
Thank you. You’re very kind. Lovely turn of phrase