What Has Gone Wrong?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Still not clear on these injuries , we know Wright Nemane and now Cameron have hamstrings, but what is wrong with Warren, Kerr and Little who haven't played any games to get injured so must be in training. Moxey has a hip problem apparently , we seem to get a lot of those too
Surely Little hasn't done another hamstring, he must have about six.
He is certainly very different from the last A.Little we had in midfield - Alan was hard as nails, may not have had Armani's skill
but I know which one I would rather have in my midfield.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

North Curry House wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 13:24
We WERE eleven points clear on Sunday 2nd January...and would have been fourteen, had we not given Yeovil two late goals.

I am looking at the Non League paper

Torquay played 17 points 38
Hartlepool played 16 points 27
Sutton. played 13 points 26
Stockport played 14 points 24
Notts Co. played 14.points 23
Maidenhead played 14 points 23
Altrincham. played 17 points 23

, You will need to take off a shoe and sock to count up to ELEVEN. 38 minus 27 equals..,..eleven.
I accept not all teams had played the same number of games but I would ALWAYS rather have the points in the bank.

Clearly, one win in the last seven League matches is relegation form, thank goodness that is averted for this campaign.

Am not filled with optimism for tonight at Solihull. I pray for a 1-0 win, any sort of goal. In off someones backside, own goal, anything just as long as weeget

I accept your apology.
Typo's - there everywhere..... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Funny how one result can change your mood and perspective. After saturday I was thinking , we'll do well to make the playoffs
Today I am thinking we're still in the title race ! With Bodens arrival (got to be an improvement) and the return of Nemane hopefully soon, and Cameron , bit longer I suppose, we may have another good spell of results. Sutton need to have a wobble though, their next 3 games are at home then they have 6 of the next 7 away the one home game against Stockport, including 5 away games on the trot before they play us.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Does the arrival of Boden until the end of the season suggest that Wright's recovery is slower than we had hoped/expected? Or is Street going back?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 15:46 Does the arrival of Boden until the end of the season suggest that Wright's recovery is slower than we had hoped/expected? Or is Street going back?
Danny was reported to be back in 4 weeks last week, so hopefully that's down to 3..... :)
Hard to say re Street - I suppose sending him back would free up a space....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well I did say on Monday we had the best Manager in the lower Leagues and Gary proved it again last night.
This performance was like night and day compared to our woeful effort on Saturday V Halifax.
Despite the conditions and against a team with a powerful set of players we pressed and fought manfully and richly deserved the 3 points.
Prior to last night Solihull had won 6 out of 7 Home games conceding only 3 goals.
What a result. Well done the lads.
ShropGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ShropGull »

Talking of senior pro's giving advice and guidance, perhaps we need someone like the one and only Neville Southall to review Shaun's and Lucas' progress and give them the benefit of his playing and coaching experience...
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

madgull wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 16:54 Absolutely atrocious performance, dominated the first 5 minutes then fell to pieces, absolute joke of a performance. Arrogant to think we could hold onto our lucky lead and just sit back, Yeovil were all over us. Poor performances all round, poor game management, poor managerial decisions to keep things the same until it was too late. Teams will be licking their lips at the thought of knocking us off our perch if we succumb to a basic press that easily.
Huh, guess after all of the accusations of being "hysterical" or "absurd", I was right all along. I'll accept the apologies now. :|
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

madgull wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 17:35 Huh, guess after all of the accusations of being "hysterical" or "absurd", I was right all along. I'll accept the apologies now. :|
shall i get your "i told you so" medal engraved now?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Main issue is very poor scouting
We get players who are not good enough or who are injury prone or aren't really interested
Too many players play a game or 2 then spend the next few games on the treatment table
Difficult I know but the squad needs an overhaul and a number 1 keeper would help!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

2021 form book.
Played 9 - 9 points.

IMHO:
Our well prepared, fully fit early season squad, scoring late winners has been turned on its head through injuries and possibly some other unexplained circumstance, which I’m sure will be revealed in due course.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Things could be worse. We could be Liverpool fans. :) :) :)
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Now things really HAVE gone wrong there!
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

kevgull wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 11:03 2021 form book.
Played 9 - 9 points.

IMHO:
Our well prepared, fully fit early season squad, scoring late winners has been turned on its head through injuries and possibly some other unexplained circumstance, which I’m sure will be revealed in due course.
I heard on the grapevine a few of the players have had covid and haven't fully recovered; a bit like Saint-Maximin at Newcastle. TUFC have wanted to keep it on the downlow for whatever reason..apparently. This could be total BS and I said to the guy telling me "is the guy you heard this from reliable". He said yea I guess he'd have no reason to lie. He was just relaying to me what the bloke at his work said to him. Apparently the chap who said this had heard it from the club doctor. Either directly or indirectly I don't know.

It would go some way in explaining the mysterious absences of some players, but I have my doubts about the veracity of this rumour. Surely we would have had games called off if there was covid in the camp? Not to mention patient confidentiality laws, but the doctor might not have named names

Anyone else heard anything similar on this?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I listened to Gary's 1 hour 17 min Podcast with the excellent Dominic Mee last week and I would be very surprised if any of our players had Covid.

Gary said when answering a question about Fraser Kerr how strict our protocols are on Covid. Surely the Club could not risk failing to disclose a positive Covid test for any player or Staff Member. It would be madness.

A Doctor would not disclose this type of information it would be career ending on ethical grounds.