Corona Virus & Football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Greb I'd agree with that. Most Companies have 'Business Interruption' insurance BUT it's very unlikely that this would cover a Pandemic. Just my guess but it's likely that the season is over at this level.

Take care all.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I doubt that the game Notts County will go ahead tomorrow but if it does I would expect the crowd to be well down. If it does I hope that the club suspend searches as we should haven't stewards touching multiple people and that any goal celebrations by the players are non contact.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Looking forward to the day that football resumes, (next season maybe), Covid-19 will still be around. So these points from SUSD (and others) will remain important - " . . . stewards touching multiple people and that any goal celebrations by the players are non contact."

Spitting should be a 'yellow card' offence in future - (it'll be NO loss to the game). Take care all . .
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

not posted for a while - gulls fans and beyond take care and sure along the way things will come back into place
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I notice today that Barnet have given notice to all their staff from back office, players and management, they, like us have no revenue without the crowds and have stated they have done this to protect the club, I suspect they are the first of many in similar circumstances ,while Torquay may arguably had a few saleable assets in terms of players there value has now been reduced to zero in the short term, no football, no buyers, It may be that the season is already over and with no real guarantee of an August resumption I feel that the next season for us and many clubs above and below us will look very different.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Hopefully the latest loan options announced by the govt today should give some reassurance to clubs.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

If, as many suspect we will not be attending plainmoor again this season and the football league still suggesting the season could finish by playing the games behind closed doors, why not stream the matches at a rate of a tenner a time, the home team getting two thirds of the revenue, if you take a game like Notts county, while they may bring several hundred fans to an away fixture I would suggest several thousand of their fans would pay a tenner a time to watch their home town club, add that to our two thousand plus and it would bring in sufficient revenue to keep us and many like us afloat.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TV rights are already established so it'll never happen. Great idea in principle though.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

I have just read Shaun MacDonald & Kyle Cameron are out and about delivering provisions to the elderly and self isolating people in Torbay.
A big thumbs up to you both its nice to see 2 young lads giving a little back to there adopted community.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Well done Guys, thats so good
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Tommy17 wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 17:56 I have just read Shaun MacDonald & Kyle Cameron are out and about delivering provisions to the elderly and self isolating people in Torbay.
A big thumbs up to you both its nice to see 2 young lads giving a little back to there adopted community.
Fantastic effort. :clap: :clap:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Louis wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 23:08 https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/marc ... -measures/

Not good news for Barnet fans...
Aldershot players and staff now accepting reduced wages. Tip of the iceberg, I feel. :( :(
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

National League saying they want to abandon the season and promote Barrow & Harrogate.

https://talksport.com/football/686931/n ... 1585135622

That will only work if EFL (& PL) do the same.
The whole pyramid will need to agree.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

standupsitdown wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 13:33 National League saying they want to abandon the season and promote Barrow & Harrogate.

https://talksport.com/football/686931/n ... 1585135622

That will only work if EFL (& PL) do the same.
The whole pyramid will need to agree.
Think Notts County and Ebbsfleet might have something to say about that - the former just 3 point off automatic promotion and the latter just 1 point off the relegation zone with seven games remaining. I see the football season being null and void - no promotions or relegations.