Dagenham and Redbridge (a) 04/01/20

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Oh Heck hopefully not
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

0-0
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Given everything, 0-0 isn't a bad result, a very rare clean sheet for a make-shift defence!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

FT 0-0 repeat of the last time we played the Daggers back in September.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

0-0 is probably a fair result for the two teams with the worst current record in the league.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Happy with that considering the line up. Now a couple of weeks to sort out transfers as its Halifax in the trophy and not too worried about that one !!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Dutchgull wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 16:58 Happy with that considering the line up. Now a couple of weeks to sort out transfers as its Halifax in the trophy and not too worried about that one !!
Don't disagree with your comment about the result but I do think we should be aiming to progress as far as possible in the Trophy - it may be our only hope of an exciting end to the season (I truly think mid table is all we can expect in the league).
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Put it this way I want us to win but wont be heartbroken if we go out !!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Poor game but we looked the more likely to win it. Unfortunate to hit post & bar. Not helped by ref & Lino. Jannah could have won it in last minute but got injured and was carried off after final whistle.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

2 weeks to prepare for Flyde away and then Ebbsfleet at home.
Halifax in the Cup next week is a no pressure game that should give GJ time to get players back from injury or in.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

All things considered a good away point.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Two poor sides in terrible form. Said before the game I would take a 0-0. Truth be told, it could have gone either way as we were unlucky with our two which hit the woodwork and Covolan pulled off some cracking saves to deny them. A fully fit squad and we would have destroyed them though, they were average at best and will be in a relegation dogfight if their new gaffer can’t sort them out.

We badly need some creativity in the middle of the park and I can’t wait for Little to come back. Praying for a defensive shake up as well, our defensive frailties are so evident with the current back line.

On a side note, and although I like the away end and the view is good, 21 quid to watch non league football is daylight robbery!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

0-0 is a meh result, did we deserve more? No. They were bang a average infront of goal, janneh was hopeless, I hope that’s the proper last time we see him in a Torquay shirt. The defence was decent, Although it felt like Manny Duku was playing for them, absolutely diabolical in front of goal.
We never really tested their keeper enough, hit the cross bar & post twice.

Positives are we didn’t lose, before the game we would have all took a draw, you can see why they are where they are.

Was odd Gary not making a single sub to freshen it up. We got a point and not a loss, finally a week without a game. What we need with this squad, gives Gary time to proper look at signings.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 16:33 my phone went off saying they had scored !
:lol:

That did cheer me up 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Glad you liked that Dave ! The phone alerts are usually ahead of the commentary so I obviously reacted to that and waited for their goal which thankfully never came !!