Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Tisdale currently on 0 wages as he’s currently unemployed
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

If Gary Johnson wasn't our manager I would be calling for him as exactly the man we would need to get us out of the shite. Fortunately he is our manager and will know exactly what needs to be done to get us out of the shite. Whether he is backed by the owner to do that we will see. An horrendous injury list has not helped. He said he would give the players a chance to prove themselves at this level and he has. Now he will build the squad for next season. We always expected a mid table finish with maybe a flirt with the playoffs and that's exactly what we've got. Let the man get on with rebuilding the squad and can we please stop all the bedwetting!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

As I mentioned in the past and still think its the case its very difficult to gain promotion two seasons running and I thought we would end up mid table and go for promotion the following season.We had an exceptional start and the injuries have shown the lack of depth in the squad and the new recruits not up to this level.If and when the injuries clear up I'm sure we will pick up points again and secure a mid table position but changing the manager would only give more uncertainty and could keep the present slide continuing.I think we should continue with GJ and ride the current slump out.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I support Gary 100% BUT I think he currently has the biggest challenge of his Managerial career.
Reidy looks certain to be off in January,we do not have one fit defender worthy of the name, we do not have a Goalkeeper fit for purpose,
the recent loanees Medford- Smith and McNulty have disappeared, obviously not good enough,Nemane is a lightweight,and 3 of our best players Little, Vincent and Davis are still injured.
January is going to be make or break depending on who we can recruit, an experienced Goalkeeper and two big strong experienced defenders being top of the list.
The next 5 weeks should be a real test for Gary. Lets us all hope and pray he can get in the guys to stop the rot.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Johnson is proven at this level, proven at getting teams promoted. He is the best manager we could ask for, remember that we are newly-promoted, you can forget all of your "but we're a massive club" stupidity, that's what got us into this non-league mess in the first place.

The fact that we even have people saying this, let alone others agreeing with it, makes me despair of how fickle, petty-minded and downright dumb some of our fan base are. Get real.

Don't like the nasty man saying hard truths on the internet? Tough.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Couldn't agree more.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

madgull wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 12:24 Johnson is proven at this level, proven at getting teams promoted. He is the best manager we could ask for, remember that we are newly-promoted, you can forget all of your "but we're a massive club" stupidity, that's what got us into this non-league mess in the first place.

The fact that we even have people saying this, let alone others agreeing with it, makes me despair of how fickle, petty-minded and downright dumb some of our fan base are. Get real.

:goodpost:

there are some complete bell's on here.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Ding Dong
William hill
Trialist
Trialist

Post by William hill »

Have we got any funds for new players? Can Johnson only work with what he has got? I'm afraid at the moment we have no central defence who are good enough for this level or strong enough!and also we dont have 2 players in central midfield that is good enough at the moment! Also no regular striker at the moment! So basically we have no spine!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

davethegull2 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:11 If Gary Johnson wasn't our manager I would be calling for him as exactly the man we would need to get us out of the shite. Fortunately he is our manager and will know exactly what needs to be done to get us out of the shite. Whether he is backed by the owner to do that we will see. An horrendous injury list has not helped. He said he would give the players a chance to prove themselves at this level and he has. Now he will build the squad for next season. We always expected a mid table finish with maybe a flirt with the playoffs and that's exactly what we've got. Let the man get on with rebuilding the squad and can we please stop all the bedwetting!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

William hill wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 15:16 Have we got any funds for new players? Can Johnson only work with what he has got? I'm afraid at the moment we have no central defence who are good enough for this level or strong enough!and also we dont have 2 players in central midfield that is good enough at the moment! Also no regular striker at the moment! So basically we have no spine!
We got Lewington, he’s not being helped.

We need someone upfront with him. Not bloody Whitfield
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

madgull wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 12:24 Johnson is proven at this level, proven at getting teams promoted. He is the best manager we could ask for, remember that we are newly-promoted, you can forget all of your "but we're a massive club" stupidity, that's what got us into this non-league mess in the first place.

:goodpost: totally agree with everything you said there.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 15:33 We got Lewington, he’s not being helped.

We need someone upfront with him. [highlight=yellow]Not bloody Whitfield[/highlight]
You've obviously seem to have forgot he's been our best player for weeks & weeks then..... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wbw wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 20:09 Cant be any worse whoever they put in charge.
May I make a suggestion? Play a left back at left back, a right back at right back.....repeat ad infinitum.
At least it's a start
Normally I would agree, but in the context of this topic and today's result...
TUST number 080
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I hope the Johnson-outers will now reconsider their views or else shut up!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint