TUFC v Chesterfield - 21/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Nobody still seems to know why Janneh got sent off 3 hours after the game finished.

Whilst it clearly didn't influence the result not to send off their player for deliberately punching the ball is actually a disgrace.

With Reid and Janneh up top you would still fancy us against anybody in this league (even with our non existent defence)

With Reid injured and Jannehs three match ban it looks like the useless Lewington will be our spearhead against Yeovil twice and Woking. Today has been an unmitigated disaster in more ways than one.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

WHERE IS OUR DEFENSIVE COACH ????

If there is one - WTF is he coaching the back line ???????
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Johnson also said in his post match that we need experience, then why the hell does he recruit anything but, out of the last five signings either loan or non contract only one has pro experience, two were semi pro at level nine or below, two were youth products who have never played in a competitive match other than at youth level. one was a schoolboy at man city then went to Scotland where he got a bad injury and has been out for a year. So if experience is the key and what many of us have been saying all season then Johnson is either being badly advised by his brother or we have no money to recruit experience.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Or it could be its December and all the decent experienced players you ( and Gary) lust after are currently on contracts elsewhere.
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

We are desperate for an experienced centre half to pair up with Cameron, I think Cameron has a good future in football and with an older head along side him we will see the best of him.
We also need a good bit of Christmas luck PLEASE.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 20:01 Nobody still seems to know why Janneh got sent off 3 hours after the game finished.

Whilst it clearly didn't influence the result not to send off their player for deliberately punching the ball is actually a disgrace.

With Reid and Janneh up top you would still fancy us against anybody in this league (even with our non existent defence)

With Reid injured and Jannehs three match ban it looks like the useless Lewington will be our spearhead against Yeovil twice and Woking. Today has been an unmitigated disaster in more ways than one.
I wouldn't say Lewington is useless, he offers more height and muscle than most of our forwards

He needs to play with another striker, not a midfielder in Evans
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Tommy17 wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 21:02 We are desperate for an experienced centre half to pair up with Cameron, I think Cameron has a good future in football and with an older head along side him we will see the best of him.
We also need a good bit of Christmas luck PLEASE.
Agreed 👍
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

So that's played 8, won 1 lost 7. Still according to the Messiah, we can put our recent poor form down to injuries, poor refereeing, the opposition team's ball boys, the list goes on. Oh I almost forgot the shrinking violets. Gary Johnson is making himself sound stupid and quite frankly, embarrassing. He blames injuries and yes we do seem to have more than our fair share. The problem I have with the manager is that since our F A Cup defeat to Lower league opposition, Johnson has, during our dismal run of 1 win and 7 defeats from our last 8 matches signed 5 players. Ramarni medford Smith on loan from Reading, Lloyd James, Aaron Nemane, Amrit Bansal-Mcnulty, and Jared Lewington. These players, if good enough, should be more than enough to cover our injury crisis. Clearly a manager of roughly 30 years experience, don't forget that Johnson said that he would only sign a player if he was good enough, has completely lost the plot.
I can remember well an ex - football manager, Mike Green, telling me that a manager should be able to tell within half an hour of his first training session, if he was likely to succeed as a professional footballer.
I personally think that Gary Johnson and his brother are shafting Torquay United and Clarke Osborne and I hope he's sent packing before we find ourselves in a relegation dogfight.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

and how long did Mike Green last as a manager at Torquay, Dawlish. ? Are you suggesting you may have talked to Gary's successor!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

dawlishmatt wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 21:26 So that's played 8, won 1 lost 7. Still according to the Messiah, we can put our recent poor form down to injuries, poor refereeing, the opposition team's ball boys, the list goes on. Oh I almost forgot the shrinking violets. Gary Johnson is making himself sound stupid and quite frankly, embarrassing. He blames injuries and yes we do seem to have more than our fair share. The problem I have with the manager is that since our F A Cup defeat to Lower league opposition, Johnson has, during our dismal run of 1 win and 7 defeats from our last 8 matches signed 5 players. Ramarni medford Smith on loan from Reading, Lloyd James, Aaron Nemane, Amrit Bansal-Mcnulty, and Jared Lewington. These players, if good enough, should be more than enough to cover our injury crisis. Clearly a manager of roughly 30 years experience, don't forget that Johnson said that he would only sign a player if he was good enough, has completely lost the plot.
I can remember well an ex - football manager, Mike Green, telling me that a manager should be able to tell within half an hour of his first training session, if he was likely to succeed as a professional footballer.
I personally think that Gary Johnson and his brother are shafting Torquay United and Clarke Osborne and I hope he's sent packing before we find ourselves in a relegation dogfight.
Absolute bollocks
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

G
A
R
Y

J
O
H
N
S
O
N

O
U
T

peace 😀
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

On the subject of the referee today....will be interesting to see why Janneh was sent off. Like 100 per cent of the crowd, I was following the action in the Chesterfield half.
In the second half , how was Niate not sent off? Ok he was fouled....but to deliberately boot the offender under the ref's nose.....and just receive a yellow card. Indicative of an official who couldn't wait for the game to end so that he didn't have to make another decision.
We may start to win games if we stopped affording the opposition forwards the freedom of our six years box for a free header or two. If only there was a retired centre half on our coaching staff.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dawlishmatt - why exactly didn't you post last week when we won 5-1?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 21:26 So that's played 8, won 1 lost 7. Still according to the Messiah, we can put our recent poor form down to injuries, poor refereeing, the opposition team's ball boys, the list goes on. Oh I almost forgot the shrinking violets. Gary Johnson is making himself sound stupid and quite frankly, embarrassing. He blames injuries and yes we do seem to have more than our fair share. The problem I have with the manager is that since our F A Cup defeat to Lower league opposition, Johnson has, during our dismal run of 1 win and 7 defeats from our last 8 matches signed 5 players. Ramarni medford Smith on loan from Reading, Lloyd James, Aaron Nemane, Amrit Bansal-Mcnulty, and Jared Lewington. These players, if good enough, should be more than enough to cover our injury crisis. Clearly a manager of roughly 30 years experience, don't forget that Johnson said that he would only sign a player if he was good enough, has completely lost the plot.
As usual, we lose and your on here spouting sh1t.
Give us all a lovely Christmas present and f**k off to support the Greeks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

This is now very concerning, Chesterfield had not won in 8 (almost as bad as us) The very concerning thing for me is GJ post match interview. Hanging the players out to dry with they are not good enough for this level they need to look at therselves ect ect! Once you start hearing this there is only one ending and its just a case of when! After hearing that does anyone think those players going to turn up for him over Christmas period!
Something is not right, Will GJ be given the time to change the team? I thought we had the team to push for promotion? I thought all the talk at the beginning the season we are set up for a promotion push. Why do we bring all these players and no central defenders, no experience? what's going on with this family recruitment?
I really do understand the love in with GJ and for some he can do no wrong! Will those still be shouting from the roof tops as we slide back the NLS!
Whatever you think of GJ and I for one think he was out savior and gave us a season we will cherish and never forget, but sadly as the great man said 7 league defeats in a row is simply not good enough!
I for one cannot see a win coming over the next 3 games! Does any manager survive with 10 straight league defeat?
By the way this is a opinion so if you find the time to reply do so with interesting points and not you do not know what you are talking about blah blah, after all this is a forum bringing TUFC fans together from across the globe to offer insights and opinions!