Eastleigh v Torquay United 26/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

166 away fans.
great effort for a Tuesday night.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Another one goal defeat with a decimated team. Not really running for us at the moment.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

If we are at home Saturday, we need to start the hose running tonight.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Rjc70 wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 21:38 If we are at home Saturday, we need to start the hose running tonight.
Haha yes. If only we had last year's pitch
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

In Gary Johnson we trust 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Arelbee »

Just come out the ground - gutted - well done for a really spirited second half and it shows the quality is still good enough to compete even with 6 out - but I repeat that first half defensive display was NOT good enough - these are professional footballers - and that is what cost us. Onto Saturday - time to bounce back!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Oh I forgot. We've got 14 players injured.
Johnson said last January when he signed the majority of this squad, that they were good enough for this league. Clearly, this squad isn't good enough for this league.
Thank goodness the Mrs talked me out of going to Eastleigh tonight.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Haven’t felt this pissed off since GO’s reign at the beginning of last season. It’s not the players or GJ I’m annoyed with, it’s the situation. We were within touching distance of top spot, and now, in the space of 3 games, we find ourselves closer to the bottom half. Not sure how we go about this now as I can’t see things changing until well into the new year.

It’s all well and good having your star players back from injury, but they wont be fully fit for weeks after being back. By then, the play-off’s might be well out of sight :|
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Dawlishmatt, I think we have done the injury crisis to death, its obviously affecting the team, or what's left of them, but those that have been picked in the main have not stepped up in a consistent manner sufficient to earn them a contract for next season, I still think that playing three at the back is fine when you have quality and experienced players, we fail on both counts. Lets hope that Medford Smith and Janneh are available on Saturday.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 21:02 Loony Lucy is off again - We are losing so we are shit (even though we have 14 first teamers missing). FFS wise up and understand the reasons for out downturn in form.
I do understand the reasons why, the reason is that the players we have that wouldn’t normally be in the 1st team are simply not up to standard for this league. Last I heard it was 7 injured not 14. But it’s all insignificant. The best we can hope for now is a lower place playoff spot. Maybe seeing 11 matches this season is sending me loony
Lucy
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

a must win game on Saturday, massive. Get as many there as we can to GET BEHIND THE BOYS!!!! Get our voices going coyy #injohnsonwetrust :scarf:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Rjc70 wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 21:26 Reid, Davis, CLE, Little, Vincent, Hall, Edwards.
To me it was only when Reid and Davis got injured that we should really feel damaged by injury.

With Kalala and Whitfield on the team sheet (who on their day are two of the best in the division), all those midfield injuries only represent 2 players when playing 4 across the middle!!

Granted I’d take CLE and Little in the middle all day long, but until recently we’ve really only been those 2 midfielders down in the starting XI, the rest are fighting it out for a place in the line up (which does help, but surely isn’t the difference between winning or losing against lowly sides?! Maybe it is at this level.

To me our performances have shown we have very little in the centre, either in the middle or the back line.

We simply shouldn’t be letting in the goals we’re conceding even if we’re not scoring.

Need a bit more fight and a bit more applied quality across the park.

Come on lads.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well one thing is for sure you cannot begin to predict results in the National League.
12 games tonight and 53 goals scored but 29 by the away side!
Only 2 of the top 9 won. Woking and Solihull.
Only 3 teams playing at Home actually won.
4 Draws all 2-2.
Despite 3 successive defeats we are only 3 points off the play offs.
This League is actually very tight just look at Chorley given no hope by one poster 2 up at leaders Barrow and ended up with a 2-2 draw.
When we get say 3 of our best back we are going to go on a run again and I am confident we will be in the shake up come March and April.
Stockport lost at Home 1-4 tonight so we must all get to Plainmoor on Saturday and get right behind the team
COYY
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 21:50 In Gary Johnson we trust 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
PATHETIC
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Everyone at plainmoor Saturday please 🤞🏼🙏🏼