2019/2020 Kits

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 08:09 Ok cool. Slightly disappointed if I'm honest. Ordered mine 8 days ago , paid 45 for shirt and the p and p which was about 4 quid I think. I got a instant email saying there be Checking the information and since then nothing. No shirt and no update on order.
£45 and p&p and 8 days no shirt or update is poor really. I'm not mad on this next day free delivery stuff as it's put pressure on logistics which is what I do myself. But 8 days is a bit poor.
The sales on Pro:)irect are just pre-orders at the moment. Should be dispatched on the 22nd July.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

:scarf:
Fair enough , was not aware of that. Cool
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Received today 👍
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I would not recommend anybody ordering this shirt on Pro-Direct. I ordered the 3rd strip (white) top for my son on 8th July. It was not clear that this was a ‘Pre-Order’. I have phoned in a couple of times and have been told there are some issues with the supplier. Pro Direct keep giving me a different expected delivery date and nobody is taking any responsibility for the matter. I cancelled my order today and have ordered through the club shop who will dispatch today. Not impressed with Pro Direct. I also had issues when ordering the Limited Edition top which took an eternity to dispatch. Not good enough in this day and age I’m afraid 😡
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Received today. Not really a football shirt wearing fan - but could not resist the white top strip that is Torquay through and through and doubles up as a piece of everyday casual Nike summer wear - best of both worlds. Nice bit of quality kit by the way.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Judging by the number seen at the game yesterday the new kits have sold well, with the blue shirt proving especially popular. :-D
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Yep definitely popular. Bit did you see on twitter? Somebody's Nike swoosh has started to peel off already. Looks like it is just ironed on over the original Nike swoosh on the white shirts. Could be quite embarrassing if the kits start getting complaints etc.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190804-163835_Twitter.jpg
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Had the blue one as a birthday present. I love it but getting slightly annoyed by continually being asked what club shirt it is......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I caved and went to order all three the other day (despite my bitching about the VAT).

They don't have blue one in the right size.

so on Friday I emailed to ask if they had any in the club shop - my sister is in town todaqy and she could have picked them up for me.

No response so far.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
milber
New Signing
New Signing

Post by milber »

Purchased blue shirt from pro direct, but had to return as damaged. Looked like the heat process of putting 1899 on the front damaged the material on the back. Didn't hear anything so phoned up and was told I've been given a refund despite asking for an exchange. Was told they have sold out but hope to get another delivery next month. I did ask if I could have a shirt without Thatcher's on the back, as advertised, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Cost me £3.95 to wear it for 5 minutes, as they don't seemingly refund p&p. Needless to say I won't be using pro direct again
Ulleswater
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Larry Baxter

Post by Ulleswater »

Do not buy the white shirt! Worn once for the Wood game then hand-washed. Nike swoosh coming off to reveal blue swoosh underneath - similar to Twitter picture earlier in this post. Now have the hassle of returning this to ProDirect for refund. Great looking shirt but absolutely appalling quality - don’t waste £45!
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Uptongull »

Anyone else's kit having all the badges peeling off? Bought two full kits for the kids after 25th July friendly Emailed the club on 10 October but no reply. Also emailed them again today. Feel bad complaining against the club but paid 70 quid for both kids' kits. Not even lasted 4 months so I am entitled to a repair or replacement according to Consumer Rights Act 2015.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

My blue one I only hand wash and I noticed the swish sign came off but it was only like a protective cover thing, my yellow one which I obvs don't wear still has it on buy you can't tell the difference.

Personally i wouldn't machine wash these
20191106_181249.jpg
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yeah, I complained to the club a while back, and didn't get response until I bitched on twitter again. To be fair, I haven't sent them the pics I should have (just haven't got round to it), but I thought it was interesting that in the reply I did get, they told me that the shirts were popular. (I was not too happy about the blackone)

OK, true, but I fet it was disingenuous to promote the "limited edition" black shirt that wouldn't be worn by the team, charge a premium for it, and then release ther exact same shirt in differing colours a few weeks later. With the quality issues I've had with mine (the nike swoosh peeled off) I feel the only thing I can do is refuse to buy the others. Annoying, really, I'd probably have got all 3.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Uptongull »

IMG-20191106-WA0005.jpg
happytorq wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 14:34 Yeah, I complained to the club a while back, and didn't get response until I bitched on twitter again. To be fair, I haven't sent them the pics I should have (just haven't got round to it), but I thought it was interesting that in the reply I did get, they told me that the shirts were popular. (I was not too happy about the blackone)

OK, true, but I fet it was disingenuous to promote the "limited edition" black shirt that wouldn't be worn by the team, charge a premium for it, and then release ther exact same shirt in differing colours a few weeks later. With the quality issues I've had with mine (the nike swoosh peeled off) I feel the only thing I can do is refuse to buy the others. Annoying, really, I'd probably have got all 3.
Shocking quality.
IMG-20191106-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20191106-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20191106-WA0002.jpg