Solihull Moors v Torquay United - Tues 6th August 19:45 KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Kind of glad I decided not go now lol
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This sounds like a very large reality check.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

According to Alan Richardson on Radio Devon we have a player called "Knee at" playing for us tonight !
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dutchgull wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 20:33 According to Alan Richardson on Radio Devon we have a player called "Knee at" playing for us tonight !
Why are you listening to the competition? :red:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Has a mistake been made?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Gave away a needless penalty and then had about 20 opportunities to clear the ball for the third goal - that's not good enough, and we've gifted them the game before it started.

They've got a decent team who have been around a bit and we look pretty inexperienced in comparison. Could lose this by half a dozen or more by the sound of it. Need to man up in the second half.
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Arelbee »

Embarrassing first half. We have been bullied all over the park and look like a bunch of frightened little boys. Booed off at half time - this could be a massive reality check for GJ - I think many of our squad are going to be found out in the next few weeks - and if they are they will be farmed our on loan..... let’s see them make me eat my words second half. Not an overreaction from me - just a realisation how tinpot the league was last year.....
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Roll on the 1800 gates at Plainmoor lol. How many Torquay fans there?
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

We're still in pre season, a lot of simple passes going out, too many a yard off the pace. Solihull have been stronger and more determined than us, their final ball is largely awful but we can't clear it and they've missed 1 if not 2 absolute sitters. Our only chance was Reid off a defensive mistake but he passed it to keeper. Keating nearly got in but through ball over hit. Our game plan seemed to be use Opi's pace but apart from winning a couple corners he did nothing, their left back is quite good, thought it was him that won the pen (which was a horrendous dive).
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The embarrassment is the central defensive pairing. And not forgetting how quick it comes back on them because the ball is given away too easily further up the field.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Arelbee wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 20:41 Embarrassing first half. We have been bullied all over the park and look like a bunch of frightened little boys. Booed off at half time - this could be a massive reality check for GJ - I think many of our squad are going to be found out in the next few weeks - and if they are they will be farmed our on loan..... let’s see them make me eat my words second half. Not an overreaction from me - just a realisation how tinpot the league was last year.....
Booed off at half time?

have a word with yourself, its the 2nd game of a very long season, im sure the 'booing' helps!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

is the TUFC radio down? I had it for the first half, but it stopped just after the half time whistle and I can't get it back.

[EDIT: Never mind - it seems to be back again. This might not turn out to be a positive.]
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Happy - for some reason TUFC radio always goes off air during half time - no idea why.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Agreed - early doors and far too early to over react. Lost the game before its even started so obviously we are up against it. Just have to write this one off and come back stronger on Saturday.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wish I was at game but I'm not. Wont panic in no shame or form.....all this drama about low attendances and embarrassing is crazy. One bad game won't have a massive bearing , not ideal but let's wait till 10 games in for some kind of assessment.
This defeat could be a blessing