Lucas Covolan - Goal Keeper (signs)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

MellowYellow wrote: 30 May 2019, 09:02 Here's a few pointers why Andy Carroll is not Plainmoor bound

His salary is/was 80,000 per week, which in his time at Hammers earned him £28,157.868. Enough to provide clean drinking water to the millions of people in the third world for the next decade

But more to the point In his 7 seasons with the Hammers, he was injured in 153 matches in all completions and only playing in 142 matches in all competitions. In other words in the real football 'crunching tackle' world of National League, after the opening game he would be out inured for the rest of season.
I'd still take him. He'd tear up the National League in the 15 games a season he was available.

As long as he's ok with about a hundred quid a week, it's golden.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Tried to barge in on a Dowson interview, & promptly got ushered away cos they trying to keep it a secret.
Oops the cats outta bag now .
Feckin amateurs
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

I Trust GJ but you've gotta ask yourself about the GK has previously been to.I wonder if(with the signing)whether he is looking for long term because it is a big step from going from Playoff ambitions for Worthing to L2 hopes for Torquay United.I suppose its just whether Lucas has the ability to take the step up.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Jacky.
You have to trust GJ & his scouting network, he hasn't made a bum signing yet, has he ?
A former Vasco Da Gama player who's represented Brazil at U20 level, you have to have a modicum of talent to play at that level.
Came over here via Spain on a dual Brazilian / Italian passport to try & make it in England.
GJ quoted " first of all, he's a very good goalkeeper " & after having him training with us for a while last season, as well as turning out for Worthing.
I'm happy with that,& the ' try before you buy policy ' is a good thing in my eyes.