TUFC 2019/20 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

PortuGull - Ashley Barnes - 6 appearances in 2010 NO goals for us then off to Brighton on loan and lotsa goals. Still only 29 now.
I like to watch him causing ruckus at Burnley - good Player !
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Swatcat wrote: 04 May 2019, 10:53 PortuGull - Ashley Barnes - 6 appearances in 2010 NO goals for us then off to Brighton on loan and lotsa goals. Still only 29 now.
I like to watch him causing ruckus at Burnley - good Player !
In 2008, whilst in the Conference, Eastbourne had Ashley Barnes on loan. He scored against us in a match completely dominated by Eastbourne, who ran out 4-2 winners. Many Eastbourne fans consider this to be their best performance ever!
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Barnes started at Paulton Rovers - that puts him in distinguished company - so did the incomparable, the one and only, Don Rogers of Swindon Town and Crystal Palace fame.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Foley

Sam Foley, 32, was with Gary Johnson at Yeovil. Started his career at Cheltenham.

Won promotion from league 1 to the Championship with Yeovil under Gary Johnson. 5 of the last 7 seasons he's been a regular in League 1.

Centre midfielder or left midfield, released by Northampton. Just speculating that he may be of interest to us.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

The entry says lacks natural pace, so may not fit with current style of play
TUST number 080
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Saw on twitter that we are being linked to Daniel Leadbitter who was released by Bristol Rovers.

Not sure how genuine this is but a former player of ours who plays RB/CB if I remember correctly.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

View1 wrote: 09 May 2019, 13:18 Saw on twitter that we are being linked to Daniel Leadbitter who was released by Bristol Rovers.

Not sure how genuine this is but a former player of ours who plays RB/CB if I remember correctly.
Would be surprised to see him step back to this level. At 28 he should be in his prime. But it's a good name to be associated with.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Leadbitter would be a good signing.

Saw him in one of his early appearances at Plainmoor - not sure if he came on as a sub early in the game - but he was terrific getting up and down the pitch and he got a standing ovation.

Think we had the useless Dale Tonge at the same time who was the regular full back. Think Leadbitter got released and we kept Tonge - astonishing really. Not surprising that Leadbitter went on to do better at Bristol Rovers.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Saw something about Rhys Murphy leaving Chelmsford on a free...25 goals he got apparently. Could be another option!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

brucie wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:24 Leadbitter would be a good signing.

Saw him in one of his early appearances at Plainmoor - not sure if he came on as a sub early in the game - but he was terrific getting up and down the pitch and he got a standing ovation.

Think we had the useless Dale Tonge at the same time who was the regular full back. Think Leadbitter got released and we kept Tonge - astonishing really. Not surprising that Leadbitter went on to do better at Bristol Rovers.
If my memory is correct Leadbitter was Lings first signing after being released by Newcastle. I watched him in his first game away at Tiverton in a pre season friendly and your correct he was ripid, unfortunately he had an injury which prevented him from starting for a couple of months during that first season. He was very highly rated.
fantonyhall
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: luke young

Post by fantonyhall »

Yes, Daniel Leadbitter was released by Newcastle and was a Martin Ling signing. He was injured pre season I think and it was a couple of months before he was fit. Looked to have excellent pace and versatile on the right, Before he settled at Bristol Rovers he spent time at Hereford United. My only concern is that he may be injury prone with his hamstring and has had several periods out with this problem. However, he has decent pedigree and has plenty of experience in National Premier and FL 2. Probably worth a chance if he's prepared to drop down.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Manny Duku has been officially transfer listed by Cheltenham. Imagine there's a decent chance we would be interested in him given he was originally scouted and signed by the Johnsons.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Armani Little ?
Been released by Oxford utd, scored the winner for Woking yesterday, could be an asset to us, probably one of the more consistent performers for the cards this season.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Now that the early bird ( Champions ) period for purchasing season tickets has elapsed, I would expect the club to announce the first signings of the new season, if only to reinvigorate the interest & convince the minds of those doubters or not quite so sures to part with their cash for a season ticket .
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Teigngull wrote: 28 May 2019, 09:59 Now that the early bird ( Champions ) period for purchasing season tickets has elapsed, I would expect the club to announce the first signings of the new season, if only to reinvigorate the interest & convince the minds of those doubters or not quite so sures to part with their cash for a season ticket .

Not quite, got until this Friday (31st)