Ticket sales

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 14:21 Why should ST holders get priority for away tickets? Just curious as to people’s way of thinking on this.

What about those that aren’t season tickets holders due to their location, but always make away games as easier to get to? Should they not get priority?
Fair point, Scott. It's just that some ST holders would expect some kind of 'perk' for being one, be it for home or away tickets. Being an exile, I'm not a ST holder but would fully understand if TUFC decided to offer ST holders first dibs at tickets... be it home or away... but if I were a ST holder I'd be really p*ssed off if someone who only took in the odd away game (because of location etc) got priorty.

As it is, no-one got priority as it was pot-luck getting through on the phone or having the time on your hands to queue at Plainmoor.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

ST holders generally get first dibs on away matches if it's all ticket or cup matches if a big team rolls into town. At least i think that's how it is at most if not all EFL clubs. It's generally seen as a USP of purchasing one and encourages fans to part with their money pre season. Obviously ST's also save you money on each game too but IMO it's fair and right that ST holders get priority over other fans as they've put their money up, up front.

I agree with United62 who makes valid points.

I do however think that this game should have been first dibs for ST holders. I would assume that any ST holders not being able to get a ticket would be pretty peeved.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I would also have been peeved, living three miles from Chippenham and unable to buy an away ticket from them!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

As we crashed and burned over the last five or so years I never thought we would ever be in the position where those who wanted to attend one of our matches would miss out because it was sold out.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bloggy wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 16:33 I would also have been peeved, living three miles from Chippenham and unable to buy an away ticket from them!
That would be a bit daft Bloggy i admit but the system has to work for all and the rules not bent purely because someone lives 3 miles from the away ground. Not that i'm suggesting you are wanting any special dispensations obviously. :~D . If all tickets were sent to Torquay to sell then it would actually be easier getting one either online or over the phone from Plainmoor rather than going to the Chippenham ground itself.

I've had this before when Torquay were in the league when i've popped in to Mansfield and the like when in the area to buy a ticket for the away end and they've told me all tickets have been sent to Torquay and i couldn't buy one. Inconvenient at the time but i accepted there was one way of doing it that makes it easier for the most people.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

I get that Andy but Bath were able to send me Away tickets without any bother. No rule bending on their part.
Laughably, at the beginning of the season, under Owers, there was no way I was going near this game!
How things change.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bloggy wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 17:13 I get that Andy but Bath were able to send me Away tickets without any bother. No rule bending on their part.
Laughably, at the beginning of the season, under Owers, there was no way I was going near this game!
How things change.
Ah i see. I guess then if there aren't any specific rules as i believe there are in the EFL then i don't see why it should be a problem for you to buy tickets direct from the ground. Just go down there and put some pressure on Bloggy. :B
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

:~D You must have missed my earlier post Andy... I've got them via TUFC.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I think season ticket holders should get priority - they're our lifeblood. I'm not a ST holder as I live 3 hours away but hats off to all who are and they truly deserve perks such as first dips on tickets (in my opinion).
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 10:42 I’m in
Got mine !!!

Makes up for the disappointment of not getting Woking tickets
Yes absolutely. I took time off work this morning to get tickets, and like you despite calling all day for Woking tickets missed out!!!!!
Not quite sure sure what season ticket holders want for their money!!! My understanding is they get their seat for home games at a reduced rate from a pay as you go basis. They also get priority for cup tickets at home. Are season ticket holders really suggesting they want priority for all away games!!! Really!! If that's in the Terms and conditions then fair enough, but I doubt it. Maybe I should be letting our season ticket holders in front for a coffee or to use the toilet at half time!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Midlandgull wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 21:13 I think season ticket holders should get priority - they're our lifeblood. I'm not a ST holder as I live 3 hours away but hats off to all who are and they truly deserve perks such as first dips on tickets (in my opinion).
Totally agree. Day 1 Season Ticket holders only.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 14:41 Fair point, Scott. It's just that some ST holders would expect some kind of 'perk' for being one, be it for home or away tickets. Being an exile, I'm not a ST holder but would fully understand if TUFC decided to offer ST holders first dibs at tickets... be it home or away... but if I were a ST holder I'd be really p*ssed off if someone who only took in the odd away game (because of location etc) got priorty.

As it is, no-one got priority as it was pot-luck getting through on the phone or having the time on your hands to queue at Plainmoor.
Or even those that go to home games?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Can't have been very busy yesterday afternoon, difference between noon update and 4.30 update only a total of 65 tickets sold. Or is somebody telling porkies? According to their figures 680 sold in first 2 hours, 65 in next 4.5 hours.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

From my understanding it's quite common across the Football League/Premier League that season ticket holders are given first dibs, then other forms of membership and a free-for-all after that. Seems quite fair that those who show most loyalty get first go at these things.
We did have a membership scheme a few years back for those not wanting/needing a season ticket, does that exist now?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Under 300 tickets left for this one.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.