The Gary Johnson effect

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Rjc70 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 13:14 I prefer Koue-Niate and Cameron to Sendles-White and Cameron. Sort it out, Johnson. ;-)
Maybe I’m being harsh on Sendles-White and GJ, there. It’s just a preference. I thought Cameron and Koue-Niate looked great together and had formed a formidable partnership. JYKN also offers greater set piece threat. That said, it’s not as if we’ve been struggling too much on pitch since the change.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

"Shouldn't" should have an apostrophe, btw
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Rjc70 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 16:02 Maybe I’m being harsh on Sendles-White and GJ, there. It’s just a preference. I thought Cameron and Koue-Niate looked great together and had formed a formidable partnership. JYKN also offers greater set piece threat. That said, it’s not as if we’ve been struggling too much on pitch since the change.
Niate has been injured for a few weeks.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

arcadia wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:32 Niate has been injured for a few weeks.
Not sure that’s right, arcadia. He was, but Sendles-White has been the preferred choice since JYKN came back from injury. Unused sub for the 5 goals shipped in the Bath and Oxford matches.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

happytorq wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:16 "Shouldn't" should have an apostrophe, btw
You're right of course but be careful or you will be on the EddUK12 hit list!
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

EddUK12 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:42 Looks like your wrong old bean https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/spell ... ng-changes
Your last post gave the impression that you had the attention span of a speck of dust, so where did the erudite research come from (did your nanny change your bedtime story?) No matter, I would be interested to know where your quoted study of etymology states that I am wrong. Are you suggesting that 'veiws' is an archaic word that has fallen into disuse or do you think that it is a futuristic expression that will shortly be commonplace? Either way it is not a current word in the English language. Q.E.D. young bean(ie)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I do love pedantry 😁
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Ever wondered why 80% of users are "guests".... read the last 3 or 4 pages of garbage that appear on this thread and you can understand why some may be put off from registering and having a say.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Launceston Gull wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 22:37 Ever wondered why 80% of users are "guests".... read the last 3 or 4 pages of garbage that appear on this thread and you can understand why some may be put off from registering and having a say.
You’re absolutely right. And this thread is supposed to be about the ‘Gary Johnson Effect’. It’s why I stay away sometimes. Some of what’s posted is complete tosh; and not just normal ‘tosh’, it’s negative tosh and utterly mind-numbing. I get that it’s about free speech but if people want to discuss the non/footballing stuff then perhaps they should do it on another thread..🤔
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

EddUK12 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 21:05 Your upset that a 12 year proved you wrong again.
*you’re :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

EddUK12 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 22:15 If you read it you will see were it states your rong.

And yet again you are stating a vue after you said you didnt answer questions on forums.

Any ways as you have been proved wrong and you continue to post lots of ramberlings with have no substance in the hope of making you sound important (a common thread for people it seems here) i will leave you to stew in the knowledge you have been bettered by a 12 year old.

Well phat sic blood...boooom
A shame to see that you are too stupid to make your spelling mistakes authentic which if you did but realise it undermines any credibility that you might otherwise have. By relying on the abstract instead of supplying requested firm evidence to support your contentions you are guilty of the very failings of which you accuse others: an ironic paradox which is obviously not apparent to you. Anyway (in the singular) it is way past the bedtime of a puerile nincompoop like yourself so I will let you sleep soundly with your security blanket: I do have enough self-esteem not to be concerned whether a yapping dog thinks that it has won a victory when I walk past its kennel and I would place you in a similar category - your posts are "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Rjc70 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:50 Not sure that’s right, arcadia. He was, but Sendles-White has been the preferred choice since JYKN came back from injury. Unused sub for the 5 goals shipped in the Bath and Oxford matches.
Not that I’m saying Sendles-White was responsible for those goals. Just a preference for the Cameron/JYKN partnership. Johnson knows best, though.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

SatNav wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 22:49 You’re absolutely right. And this thread is supposed to be about the ‘Gary Johnson Effect’. It’s why I stay away sometimes. Some of what’s posted is complete tosh; and not just normal ‘tosh’, it’s negative tosh and utterly mind-numbing. I get that it’s about free speech but if people want to discuss the non/footballing stuff then perhaps they should do it on another thread..🤔
Still better than the abuse and nonsense posted on the Facebook group. Not easy pleasing everyone, used to be told the site was over moderated and now not enough. We take a common sense approach and do move posts and split topics if they have really become something else.

With that in mind enoughs enoughs EddUK12 & Arrywithnobrain. Take it to PM if you want to compare egos.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Launceston Gull wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 22:37 Ever wondered why 80% of users are "guests".... read the last 3 or 4 pages of garbage that appear on this thread and you can understand why some may be put off from registering and having a say.
It’s because we haven’t played for nearly 2 weeks
Lucy
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Though nothing to do with GJ or football must admit I was finding EddUk12 and arrywithnobrain amusing.Just hope I've put the apostrophe's and full stops in the right place !