Seating issues

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

It's very simple - if we offer a booking system, then everyone should have an allocated seat whether they pre-book or buy on the day. This stops any of this happening! First come first served only works if we abandon online booking entirely. It's got to be one or the other, the current set up is garbage causing frustration for pre-bookers as well as those turning up on the day.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Midlandgull wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 11:33 It's very simple - if we offer a booking system, then everyone should have an allocated seat whether they pre-book or buy on the day. This stops any of this happening! First come first served only works if we abandon online booking entirely. It's got to be one or the other, the current set up is garbage causing frustration for pre-bookers as well as those turning up on the day.
Unless we do what brucie suggests and just have one (maybe 2) column set aside for reserved seating with that section marked appropriately. The problem with sequential allocation on the gate is you might not end up with one of you’re group if the row ends.

You’re solution is definitely the simplest, though, albeit with the problem outlined. Certainly better than the present one.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 28 Dec 2018, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Season ticket holders should be able to sit in their allocated seats. All other seats, whether booked in advance or paid for on the day, should be first come, first served. Easy isn't it? Save a lot of bother. Most places where advance booking is advantageous insist on being in your places at least 30 minutes prior to performance, otherwise no guarantee. Turning up 5 mins before kick off and expecting seats to be unoccupied is ridiculous.The occupants should never have been told to move.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Rjc70 wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 13:04 Unless we do what brucie suggests and just have one (maybe 2) column set aside for reserved seating with that section marked appropriately. The problem with sequential allocation on the gate is you might not end up with one of you’re group if the row ends.

You’re solution is definitely the simplest, though, albeit with the problem outlined. Certainly better than the present one.
Maybe for seated areas you should have to buy a ticket first before coming to the turnstile, then you can definitely sit with whoever you want (so book groups of 3, 4 or whatever)?

I go to Villa Park often and this is how they do it. You cannot buy on the turnstile there - anywhere that we have seats maybe this is the best way to go.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

grockle wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 13:05 Season ticket holders should be able to sit in their allocated seats. All other seats, whether booked in advance or paid for on the day, should be first come, first served. Easy isn't it? Save a lot of bother. Most places where advance booking is advantageous insist on being in your places at least 30 minutes prior to performance, otherwise no guarantee. Turning up 5 mins before kick off and expecting seats to be unoccupied is ridiculous.The occupants should never have been told to move.
This would work most of the time. If we get big crowds though, having a ticketing system in place ensures the right amount of people can get in and reduces the need for people behind the turnstile potentially and therefore saving time, hassle and money.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

I experienced the same issue as view 1 at the North Ferriby game 2 season's ago. We can debate this as much as you like. It doesn't really matter what system is in place as long as it is consistent. But, change can only come from the club. The only way they will listen is if others make similar complaints.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Has any one else emailed the club ?
I emailed Pat Tinkler regarding the web site issues & basically told him I and others thought it was quite a rubbish site for a professional football club !
He replied within 2 working days & acknowledged there were issues with it & advised me it would be sorted as soon as humanly possible. And voila, by the end of the first 24 hours most issues were sorted.
What I'm trying to say is this guys, it's alright sat here on our keyboards (Dave Phillips springs to mind !) Slagging systems & prices & ethics & what not.
Let's not fight each other on this, let's do more than 1 email tufc stating we're not happy with the current system in place & it needs tweaking.
As it's been said before , if you have a bad experience shopping online or booking cinema / theatre tickets or bus, plane, ferry or what ever , I for one wouldn't use that companies online booking services again for a long time or if ever again.
There were 3863 (officially 😉) inside Plainmoor on boxing day & to be honest it made me proud to be a Torquay fan once again, brilliant atmosphere , no aggro ( on the pop anyway) & because of work / family comittments over the festive period for some I would hope we could replicate boxing days crowd with at least 85% returning giving us a 3200+ turn out.
It's not easy to attract people through the turnstiles at our level in fact the only ones that take it seriously are the people involved in the clubs, I have my brother & his family down from N Devon for the holidays & when I suggested he came with me on boxing day he thought I was joking & quite happily stated " why are you still going to watch that crap for ? " he couldn't believe I was serious but came with me none the less.
Guess what ?
Yes you're right he's coming with me on sat & n y d & 5/1/19 before he goes back.
He took some convincing but now can't wait for sat 3pm all because he had a great day out with no hassle.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

brucie I regularly bring different friends to games but I always sit in my Season Ticket seat. If the seat to my right is taken my friend simply sits as near as is available.I do not accept your point "as usual its just another case of people thinking they are more important than other supporters"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

More to the point: has the club contacted Mr. View yet?
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I've skim read the thread and this was an unfortunate incident that there is a simple solution to from where I'm standing.
While feeling sorry for View1 the people who turned up having pre booked had every right to the seats (although getting a bit aggressive with a bloke with an elderly relative and young son in tow is out of order). It means you can have an extra pint in Boots safe in the knowledge you'll be sat together even if you turn up at 2.59

Also i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from the club, fans are cash cows and nothing more, anyone who thinks they care about the fans is a fool, none of them give a monkeys about fans.

I've had two incidents at different clubs, Swindon Town (where myself, the 'Tach and ZippyGull bought tickets at a booth outside the ground only to be told when we sat in our allocated seats that no one was allowed to sit on the back row of the stand and ordered to move-why the feck did they sell us the tickets them ffs?) I did point out that many of the victims of the Bradford fire were identified by using the seat numbers but to no avail. The other when I was struck by a coin thrown from the pitch at Shrewsbury with a steward stood next to me when the home fans invaded the pitch at the end of the match.
Although not related to this particular situation, both were safety issues, both were reported to head stewards, my details were left and I e mailed the safety officer at each club. I got NO reply from either, and it's IMHO that neither will View1.

The by far easiest solution to this is issuing a numbered ticket at the turnstile (this is what they do at Hillsborough) and when we go we sit in our favourite spot UNLESS someone turns up then we move. We always get tickets together as they are consecutive in the ticket book. If it's a sell out then we sit in our allocated seats. Season ticket holders seats and pre booked tickets wouldn't (or shouldn't) be available to walk ups.

Seems a pretty simple solution to me. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Looked to speak to Andy Candy today, who I was advised is in charge of such matters, he was supposed to contact me but hadn't so I thought I should contact him.

I spoke to the young chap answering the phones and put my point across, he confirmed we shouldn't have had to move seats. I asked for someone senior within the club to call me but he called back later in the day to advise they were all too busy but they will be making an announcement before the game tomorrow changing the policy.

The lack of empathy shown from a problem they have caused astounds me.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Hi View1
I only work at the Club on a part-time basis which does not include Fridays so I am sorry I was not at the Club when you called in. I am not aware of any messages to contact you (but that might be because I have not been in the office since Tuesday) which I would have done as a matter of principal and courtesy. I am not directly involved in the ticketing side but if there is anything I can do going forward then please let me know. My email is [email protected]
Best regards,
Andrew
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Hi Andrew, your name was given as the person is charge of seating who was going to come and see us at half time but then was too busy so was going to call us after the game but didn't.

If your saying the two stewards that advised me this were not in contact with you then someone has been lying to me.

I'm more than happy to meet you tomorrow to address this directly with the stewards that gave me this information.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Hi View1
I will speak with the Steward Manager to find out why this was said especially as I had no knowledge of being asked to see you at half time or phoning you after the game. I will be at the game tomorrow so happy to meet with you at around 2.30pm? If you ask for me at Main Reception I should have finished the stewards briefing and other match day checks by then.
Best regards,
Andrew
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Thanks Andrew, look forward to seeing you then and thank you for the response.

Regards,

Will