Weston Super Mare v Torquay United 30/10/2018 ko 7.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Quite amusing to see how your mind works. Small farm is it? 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

The Farmers Friend wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:01 Says the bloke with a post count approaching 8,000...

Are you saying there's no far-right element amongst our Stone Island warriors then, oh Voice of Plainmoor?
Chill out man
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Antifa are a bunch of mask wearing cowardly scumbags worthy of no respect from anyone. Far right is the new buzz word of the mainstream media, most who use the term haven't got a clue what far right is, let alone who they are, nope there's no far right amongst our support, just a few youngsters blowing off some steam.
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

In response to last night minor outbreaks of disorder if there is a league enquiry then by the time that get round to our part in the proceedings they will have got bored with the whole saga, the total lack of proper stewarding, the ones I saw looked like they needed a good meal and were scared of the dark, the lack of a police presence at what could be considered a local derby and when they did show up were as much use as a chocolate teapot. The ability to wander where and when you liked were always a recipe for disorder, the WSM goalie could not of complained if he ended up wearing that dustbin for all his goading.
I spent ten years watching West ham, when I say that most weekends even with the presence of 200 plus coppers and a similar amount of very large and capable stewards who you would not wish to meet on a dark night there was still pitched battles most Saturdays, the single brain cell supporter were greatly in evidence and it seems football continues to attract such people like a magnet, and we like every other club have our share, the only difference with ours that as a group they share a brain cell.
I watched the Truro Billericay game in August and they didn't bring many supporters but the ones they did were mainly of the eye in the middle of the forehead and knuckles that dragged across the ground variety, they were rude, offensive and if they could have found any supporters to wind up they would have been a right good punch up . If they turn up on Saturday then our stewards will be in for a busy afternoon.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 09:12 Lucy - its not a dreadful result given that we have got four points out of six in two away games.

We struggled in midfield but not surprising really given that we were forced to play Dickson who was always likely to struggle given it was his second game back.

Remember that Weston had beaten Bath in the cup and obviously raised their game, but ultimately we nearly won again and the equalizer was conceded when we were down to ten men as a result of a desperately harsh red card.

At that time we were three centre halves short in Essuman, Sendles - White and Sokolik, plus two of our midfield in Andrews and Hall.

Had both of the latter played we would have won for certain. Get a sense of perspective.
I wasn't referring to the four points from the last 2 away games, I was stating that being unable to beat Weston super mare(who haven't even won a league match so far) is dreadful because these are teams we have to be beating if we are too win this league. I agree entirely we have injuries, but Weston are hardly fielding super stars. Having gone Wealdstone on Saturday, the players set a high standard which regrettably they didn't deliver last night. My sense of perspective is clearly different from yours, the players let everyone down last night and as a result they have put themselves under considerable pressure on Saturday to deliver against the Essex circus.
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

culmstockgull wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:57 In response to last night minor outbreaks of disorder if there is a league enquiry then by the time that get round to our part in the proceedings they will have got bored with the whole saga, the total lack of proper stewarding, the ones I saw looked like they needed a good meal and were scared of the dark, the lack of a police presence at what could be considered a local derby and when they did show up were as much use as a chocolate teapot. The ability to wander where and when you liked were always a recipe for disorder, the WSM goalie could not of complained if he ended up wearing that dustbin for all his goading.
I spent ten years watching West ham, when I say that most weekends even with the presence of 200 plus coppers and a similar amount of very large and capable stewards who you would not wish to meet on a dark night there was still pitched battles most Saturdays, the single brain cell supporter were greatly in evidence and it seems football continues to attract such people like a magnet, and we like every other club have our share, the only difference with ours that as a group they share a brain cell.
I watched the Truro Billericay game in August and they didn't bring many supporters but the ones they did were mainly of the eye in the middle of the forehead and knuckles that dragged across the ground variety, they were rude, offensive and if they could have found any supporters to wind up they would have been a right good punch up . If they turn up on Saturday then our stewards will be in for a busy afternoon.
Last edited by sgf on 31 Oct 2018, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

lucy6lucy wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 20:13 I wasn't referring to the four points from the last 2 away games, I was stating that being unable to beat Weston super mare(who haven't even won a league match so far) is dreadful because these are teams we have to be beating if we are too win this league. I agree entirely we have injuries, but Weston are hardly fielding super stars. Having gone Wealdstone on Saturday, the players set a high standard which regrettably they didn't deliver last night. My sense of perspective is clearly different from yours, the players let everyone down last night and as a result they have put themselves under considerable pressure on Saturday to deliver against the Essex circus.

The fact they could not put two good performances together is the reason why they are NLS players. Playing poorly, which we did, and avoiding defeat is a good habit.

Come April/May, we'll be ok
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Trick or treat? We certainly had a mare( or a scare) last night!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My first away game for quite some time. What a turnout!
In the first half we were stood very close to Gary Johnson. Boy was he an unhappy man.
Constantly telling the players to up their work rate and telling Kalala to stop ball watching and he was spot on.
GJ loves his job with a passion and if you do not perform you are out. No messing.
He misses nothing and the players know it. They also respect him and that is the key.
Perform at your peak all the time and he can enhance a players career big time as he has done over the years.We really missed Asa Hall and Jake Andrews last night but give credit to WSM because they were way better than I expected.
Saturday is a crucial game lets all get to Plainmoor and target 2,500. Spread the word people are getting interested again now we have a real Football Manager. COYY.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

sgf wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 20:26
The fact they could not put two good performances together is the reason why they are NLS players. Playing poorly, which we did, and avoiding defeat is a good habit.

Come April/May, we'll be ok
Against a side that picked up 2 points prior to last night.
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are in dream world if you think that we can turn up and beat anyone with half a side missing through injuries.

The players didn't let anyone down last night to be frank.

We were one down at half time against the run of play, scored two really good goals in the second half and had Jamie Reids excellent shot somehow stayed out when it hit the underside of the crossbar we would have won.

Unfortunately another injury (Essuman) didn't help and neither did having to play Dickson (and then Nabi) two players who are clearly desperately unfit.

We only really came under pressure when Nabi was very harshly sent off.

Created Weston for battling well at the end. They raised their game and were celebrating like they had won the league at the end, even though they had scraped a point.

You may not like it but we won't win many games with the personnel that finished the match last night. As I say get real - the players gave it their all and certainly didn't let anyone down.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

lucy6lucy wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 21:50 Against a side that picked up 2 points prior to last night.
Correct, but if football was all about form, my football bet would come in every Saturday!

I think you should take stock of where we are now compared to two months ago. At least we now have hope. Stop crucifying them
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I have no idea who threw the bins behind each goal but there was a group of other supporters from another club at Weston. When travelling home (Torquay) there was a lot of cars leaving the ground to the motorway but went in the opposite direction to Torquay. :whistle:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We do have a lot of exiles you know 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 15:29 We do have a lot of exiles you know 😉
Exactly. I was going the opposite way up the M5 and I was definitely supporting TUFC and certainly didn't throw any bins!