Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Hoorah!!!!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

One of the worst Managers we've ever had in my opinion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Thank fcuk for that!!!!
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Definitely for the best!!!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Not before time!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Harrop to be appointed with immediate effect...
TUST member 203
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

At last
Any views on who should replace him?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Don't **** it up this time Harrop.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 13:04 One of the worst Managers we've ever had in my opinion.
Have to agree with that Dave. The home games that I have been to this season were horrifying. No clear shape, no obvious plan, players cast adrift utterly clueless about what to do next, players afraid to get the ball. Watching the opposition team managers encouraging their players, geeing them up, pointing things out, and comparing this to a man who looked beaten from the kick off.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I am one of CO's strongest critics. BUT that statement was something I didn't expect to be honest.

Good luck to GO in the future and hopefully CO will appoint someone who can re-invigorate our season.

Does seem that CO does want promotion then :) Which I doubted.

A very good decision and it now does make me feel like going to a few games home and away.
TUST MEMBER
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

First of all i have to say i'm hugely shocked at this news. Primarily as i held the belief that Owers was somehow 'in on it' with Mr Osborne and therefore both parties were suited by the ongoing failure at TUFC. With this in mind i never for one moment thought that Owers would be dispensed with so rethinks all round for me. Osborne has done the right thing for once and i'm unsure why at the moment other than the obvious answer which is to try and get success back to the team. More headscratching to be done.

I understand from the press release that he was sacked or 'advised to leave' although i could be wrong as it's unclear, and Owers didn't step down voluntarily which if is the case then i can offer no apology for accusations i have made towards him as i have little respect for anyone who is prepared to put himself before anybody else despite persistent and possibly catastrophic failure. If he did the honourable thing then it's far too late IMO to warrant any kudos.

I think most fans would hold the view that this is the absolute correct decision and can breathe a big but temporary sigh of relief.

The concern now is who will be next and will it be another carbon copy of last season where Nico went weeks into the new season and the club took an age to get in a new guy who essentially was an inexperienced nobody in football management terms. The fear is that such a scenario could well happen again.

For now though it's a huge positive but the brutal truth is that a man who did not deserve to be in paid employment at TUFC has deservedly but sadly (for him and his family) has lost his job.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 12 Sep 2018, 13:27, edited 3 times in total.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Well done to Gary Imo I have respect for him that he resigned and didnt just keep on dragging the team Deeper and deeper into trouble but this next appointment is crucial we need a manager who is experienced and has a track record of promotion a pipe dream would be jay Saunders he got Maidstone promoted and kept them up however there is also managers like Richard hill the former Woking manager who has a plethora of success at getting teams promoted and is currently with out a job after leaving Woking at which he did a good job at getting them promoted and keeping them up as well then there is both the Tiverton manager who has been successful and the bideford manager who are possible targets they have both had success with there respective clubs or even the Weymouth manager he turned Weymouth around making some good signings like goodship and if he could bring him in then we might be able to get back up in promotion contention imo I think there will be plenty of managers interested in the job I think it’s all down to CO weather he will put the money down and bring in who we need and also depends on how long it takes to find a manager I’d rather not a 4 week wait as that could damage our season even more!
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Good to see the Herald Express have their fingers on the pulse as always....🤣🤣🤣