Cinema at Plainmoor 24th June-

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Cinema at Plainmoor 24th June-

Post by midtable »

Another attempt to show the film Bromley Boys (a comedy about a fan of non-league Bromley) is scheduled
" Location: Plainmoor | Boots & Laces NEW Date & Time: 24th June at 19.30. Tickets: £7.50 Adults | £5 Concessions "

The previous open air cinema performance was The Lion King promoted by Slip n Slide Events which had high price tickets: £14 Standard / £8 Under 16, so at least the latest promoters have learned that lesson. Has anyone met someone who went? The latest film is promoted on the club website but not listed by slip n slide, so is the pub just putting on a DVD which is probably illegal due to pirating laws concerning charging tickets on home movies in a public place etc?

I am all for new streams of revenue but people are not really thinking this though. Is it on a big screen at Plainmoor or on the telly at Boots and Laces? Anyway, I reckon any football fan will be watching Poland v Colombia at 7pm on ITV.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Do you honestly think the club would illegally show the film on a tv set, publicise it and charge £7.50 for it.
A two minute search on Google reveals that the promoter is Itchy Fish Film Ltd and the screening is a fundraiser for the club.
If you miss it you see it at Exeter Phoenix in the first week of July.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Call me anti social but sounds silly to watch a film on a screen in a football ground
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If there is a market for such things then exploit it. This is an attempt to open up alternative revenue streams which the club desperately needs and we should be glad that someone is trying to do something about it instead of carping about it.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

[quote=Plainmoor78 post_id=226875 time=1529576140 user_id=23804]

A two minute search on Google reveals that the promoter is Itchy Fish Film Ltd and the screening is a fundraiser for the club.

I did a 2 minute google search and Itchy Fish Film simply produced and financed the movie. The previous Plainmoor movie was The Lion King made by Disney but nobody assumed they were the promoter. There is nothing on the Itchy website to advertise the event as they just make movies. Their blog starts and finish in 2014. Not really that bothered but it is still curious. Of course, they can sell a license to screen the movie but it seems a lot of hassle for the club when a World Cup game is on TV at the same time. Just saying!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

My bad then. One things for sure though, fictional films about football are usually shite.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Better than the non fiction we have been watching for five years