Who stays? Who goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Young off then according to Devon Live
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

IanGull01 wrote: 08 May 2018, 12:43 Young off then according to Devon Live
Not irreplaceable......
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

sgf wrote: 08 May 2018, 13:25 Not irreplaceable......
Correct in many ways. But I think we may find many a decent quality replacement with the mind set of Luke Young when he says " No disrespect to the Conference South but I dont think I want to be playing there..." I dont think journey men with sick notes will win us promotion so it has to be young blood from the lower leagues, but this will take a couple of seasons to blend a promotion winning team. I dont think Osbourne realises the pickle we are in and that an increased budget is not the total solution. But I expect Harrop and Owers have keep stum about that minor detail.

So as to my next point of reference, please dont mock just because truth hurts but if we want the NLS players 'player's' for our replacements then we have to look to the likes of Truro e.g. Midfield - Ben Harding and Central Defender Ben Gerring. Hard to believe but that's were we are and there is no guarantee that either of them would even be interested in returning to Torquay.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 08 May 2018, 14:10, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 08 May 2018, 13:47Correct in many ways. But I think we may find many a replacement with the mind set of Luke Young when he says " No disrespect to the Conference South but I dont think I want to be playing there..."
Exactly; coming from a player who has known nothing but failure and struggle accross the two clubs he has played for, that's a bit rich.....

Show us your medals then Billy Big Bollocks!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 08 May 2018, 14:08 Exactly; coming from a player who has known nothing but failure and struggle accross the two clubs he has played for, that's a bit rich.....

Really Merse, you never cease to make me laugh. Please never let sarcasm keep you from telling people what you really think of them. :)
Toastkid6

Post by Toastkid6 »

Harding? Gerring?
Dear oh dear.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes we're obviously best off losing the one player we have who is interesting league clubs. Billy big bollocks has to be the most ill fitting label of a player I've ever seen.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Is this the same Luke Young who Merse regularly derides for not being ambitious enough?

Now he's a "Billy Big Bollox" for wanting to play at a higher level?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I get that he's kind of guilty by association but he's been one of the few shining lights during his time with us. It's hardly his fault that signing for us coincided with the worst off the field stability we've ever endured.

Best of luck and thanks for all your commitment to our once wonderful club. I wish him nothing but the best.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Toastkid6 wrote: 08 May 2018, 15:18 Harding? Gerring?
Dear oh dear.
I know, hard to believe isn't it. But don't knock it - they are now seen by many clubs as NLS play off material - the league we are now in. I know on the one hand we have supporters who say lets see who Owers brings in but on the other hand we have the club saying pays your money now for a discounted season ticket. That's like a used car salesman asking for your money today for a discounted car which he will let you see in four weeks time.

I been through enough seasons of pain, so I am holding back on this one.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

merse btpir wrote: 08 May 2018, 14:08 Exactly; coming from a player who has known nothing but failure and struggle accross the two clubs he has played for, that's a bit rich.....

As usual, Bitter Billy Big Mouth Merse demonstrates what an ignorant buffoon he is.
Tell us Mighty Merse, what medals should Young have won with Torquay United?

Of course, it is obvious that the reason why Young has won nothing (other than the respect of the fans who have seen him play and don't share Merse's predilection for pompous pontification) is entirely due to his own inadequacies, coupled with those of the former manager known as Nicho, as it can have nothing to do with the failings of the other members of the team: that must be why Young received the Player of the Year award - again.
Summer must be a time of drought for you Merse, with little opportunity to dazzle your fawning followers with displays of your erudite wit and sharply incisive critical appraisals, or do you move your soapbox to Hyde Park Corner?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 08 May 2018, 16:14 As usual, Bitter Billy Big Mouth Merse demonstrates what an ignorant buffoon he is.
Tell us Mighty Merse, what medals should Young have won with Torquay United?

Of course, it is obvious that the reason why Young has won nothing (other than the respect of the fans who have seen him play and don't share Merse's predilection for pompous pontification) is entirely due to his own inadequacies, coupled with those of the former manager known as Nicho, as it can have nothing to do with the failings of the other members of the team: that must be why Young received the Player of the Year award - again.
Summer must be a time of drought for you Merse, with little opportunity to dazzle your fawning followers with displays of your erudite wit and sharply incisive critical appraisals, or do you move your soapbox to Hyde Park Corner?
Why don't you just block him, he's clearly your nemesis! He really gets under your skin doesn't he?

I don't think Merse was implying he should have won medals at Torquay. Merely the fact that he thinks he's too good for the NLS

Just saying.

IMO he's mad if he doesn't go. Playing with better players will only improve him and wish him all the best.

Merse's opinion is clearly that he's not good enough. Can you disagree with a post without getting personal?
Last edited by sgf on 08 May 2018, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Good luck Luke, he deserves to be playing league football.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

I think Young will struggle at League 2 level, particularly with the physical side of the game.