Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Obviously players with foreign names are naturally going to stand out and be on the other end of the spectrum than someone called John Smith. Not sure that's entirely their fault or the fault of their (presumably foreign) parents. If you are from Turkey and your parents are Turkish then you are more likely to be called Hakan Altinoglu than Pete Webster.

The issue i have is with the pathetic americanised made up names like Kayden, Jayden, Karlee, Harlee and so on. Common chavvy names really IMO but obviously that's not the fault of the players whose names these are and every parent has a right to name their kids what they see fit and i'm sure many parents out there who have named their kids with the above are not chavvy at all and are just normal folk.

Swindon have the worst though. KAIYNE (Woolery) **** ridiculous. It has no origin! It's just a name for effect!

Anyway, Brandon Goodship might have an daft name but the club could do worse than sign players like him.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I wonder if Brandon Goodship's nickname is 'Lollipop'??!! (Forum members of a certain vintage will know what I mean!)
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

I`m liking Mellow`s team of Johns. I think if they played the current Gulls side today it would be fairly close. Sneak a 1 or 2 goal win, which isn`t bad considering more than half the Johns are in their 70`s or 80`s or dead.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Niko Muir from Hendon has a nice name. Getting attention from football league clubs for his goalscoring exploits in the division below our new one.

If they don't win the play off tie, we should look at him.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

reise allassani at Dulwich hamlet too, just for the name though. Not his ability or potential.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

I think Ross Martin is a nice name as well. I think I might put my name forward for a trail
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Or even a trial!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Guilty! Although Rossi Martini would be better!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote: 01 May 2018, 21:50 He is at Tiverton for a reason ie he isn't good enough. Anyway Levi Landrcombe is a daft name and that's where we have been going wrong.

What we need is to sign some players with good old English names. That's where we have been going wrong. We need a few decently named players. like John Smith, Micky Cave, Tommy Northcott, Alan Welsh, Mark Loram, Tommy Mitchinson, Reg Wyatt, John Benson, John Bond, Billy Kitchener.

That's why we used to have a good team with proper players with proper names.

And now you want to sign Brandon **** Goodship-Lollipop. Strewth do me a favour he won't be any good - he hasn't got a proper name.

You won't find a Jazzi Barnum Bob or Jose Mateu-Pinto amongst the proper players I have mentioned.

And you wonder why we got relegated. Guy Ganabouyou - he hopped off without a by your leave. Jennison Myrie-Williams. Double Barrelled Useless Tosser. Rory Fallon - I mean Rory. Friggin Nancy Boy name that is if ever there was one.

Even the manager has a proper name - so I'm hoping for better things next season. I mean no wonder Conrad Balatoni didn't last long - what sort of name is that?

Nortei Norty Brucie.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Nice one Brucie.

Even Connor Lemonheigh-Evans only had Evans on the back of his shirt. They know when it’s a bad name.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Anyone got any info on who did turn up?!

What was the source of this information?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to DevonLive over 70 players turned up over two days. Owers said there are one or two who he'll keep an eye on.
Dave Thomas on today's HE podcast hopes there could be signings over the next couple of weeks.
If the club want to sell season tickets - once the prices are announced - they'll sell them on the back of some decent signings.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Owers said there were 70 odd players involved in the trials and maybe one or two would be further looked at. This sounds utterly pathetic so can only surmise we will end up with a load of last minute dross for next season. Hope I am wrong but not impressed so far!
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »

OMG we are in May (Just!!) and you are moaning about us not making signings??? :slap:
TUST number 074
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Wolborough wrote: 05 May 2018, 15:37 Owers said there were 70 odd players involved in the trials and maybe one or two would be further looked at. This sounds utterly pathetic so can only surmise we will end up with a load of last minute dross for next season. Hope I am wrong but not impressed so far!
Did it cross your mind that many players will still be involved in regular season games and play offs??

How about looking at it positively in that they are being proactive and having a trial match early on.

I'll assume this post was deliberately meant to antagonise!!