Season ticket prices and match day prices are released

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Season ticket prices and match day prices are released

Post by Eirik »

The club has released season ticket and match day prices for next season.

https://www.torquayunited.com/season-ti ... ay-midday/
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Reasonably fair pricing. Full price pop side season ticket equivalent to £9.90 a game; match day pop side is at the higher end of NLS pricing but considering we are maintaining a full time team reasonable. Nevertheless i would imagine at these prices Osborne is required to subsidise the team.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Right then people, how on earth are we going to find fault with that announcement ?
Great offer on season tickets, & reasonable match day pricing ! Maybe someone within is valuing our support after all.
If there is a plan in place to screw this club over surely it would reflect on higher ticket prices to discourage support, not to maintain current levels & trying to attract more. Or have I read into it too deeply ?
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Agreed Gav. I thought it looked to good to be true but I suppose it is NLS football so maybe it should be these prices.
Great offer and will definitely be getting one.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Add in some decent signings between now and the Early Bird finish on June 1 and maybe even some of the "fence sitters" will buy one. I reckon the club have got these prices about right.
Biter Bryn
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Biter Bryn »

I live in the north east and take it from me, the prices are a bargain!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Very reasonable a oap can get a ticket for 7 quid a match on bench with the offer. Can't argue with that hardly
Biter Bryn
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Biter Bryn »

About the same price at Whitby 2 leagues lower and not exactly Barcelona!!😀😀
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Let be brutality honest here, Bristow's Bench only £15 to watch NLS next season

Come on guys @ dolls is this a 'Deal or No Deal'! Where else in the world can you watch football for that price:

Ok. Bayern Munich's cheap day range is only £12 and yes I know, Napoli cheap day range is only £15 but...but...

You would have to pay the extortionate amount of £18 to watch Barcelona at the Nou Camp on their cheap day range. Good luck to those who want a week-end away in sunny Barcelona to watch them play Real Madrid, but at least I am safe in the knowledge I am paying £3 less entrance fee to watch Torquay v Hungerford Town. What a bargain!

So there you have it - as Teigngull says 'how on earth are we going to find fault' with these prices.

Just saying. :whistle:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Believe it or not there’s actually a minimum price clubs have to charge for admission, rather than a maximum!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Whitby Town haven't announced the prices for next season yet. Last season my Whitby Town (OAP) season ticket cost me 95 quid (anywhere in the ground).
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

For the past two season's my season ticket for Haringey Borough has been free for league games only plus a fiver (concessionary) admission charge for cup games and play-off games where season ticket holders have to pay due to FA regulation because the away team get a share of the gate.

I've just learned that the same will apply next season even if they win promotion (to the Isthmian League Premier Div; one level below Torquay United)in tomorrow's play-off final at home to Canvey Island.

Of course what happens is that the spend per person in the ground is greater on food, drink and other items and the gates have risen from two figures three years ago to over 400 the other night and an expected 750 for tomorrow.

Haringey's 'free' admission policy is under pinned by the very high weekly revenue stream drawn from a Saturday morning market at the ground and revenue from storage containers that they have in one of the car parks and the renting out of their 3G pitch ~ to amongst others the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation from whom they draw their U18 players ~ so again 'other' revenue streams taking importance in the business plan and this is what Torquay United need (and are perfectly aware of) to improve on and thus maximise.

The essence of any admission price structure is to balance foot fall with spend per head and this is the major element that Torquay United have had to give priority to in order to run a sustainable business.

Considering the facilities on offer and the overheads of the wage bill; those Plainmoor prices are pretty much right in my opinion, but maybe there should be a better concession rate and it could be applicable at 60 for senior citizens rather than 65 which is 'obsolete' now anyway due to the rising of the state retirement age to 66 his year.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The prices are pretty good I would say - providing they fund a promotion effort of course.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Where have all of the 'negative nellies' gone ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Teigngull wrote: 05 May 2018, 11:29 Where have all of the 'negative nellies' gone ?
You're still here............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com